Carpet and paint questions

orthopod

Hi
My HT is all ready. But i have white walls (Asian paints Royale) It is a reflective surface.

What color should i go for.. My furniture is Walnut. Which is the wall that requires the darkest color

Plus i plan to by a carpet. Where should i place it . May go for 5/9 ft carpet

Hi
My HT is all ready. But i have white walls (Asian paints Royale) It is a reflective surface.

What color should i go for.. My furniture is Walnut. Which is the wall that requires the darkest color

Plus i plan to by a carpet. Where should i place it . May go for 5/9 ft carpet
Colour choice for a room is dependent on a lot of factors.
If the room is exclusively used as a Home Theatre, then we suggest use of a any neutral colour - beiges, greys or whites on the walls. In case it is also a living space, then we suggest you look at the light scheme - warm or cool and then pick a colour. If you are planning a feature wall, then we suggest you paint the wall opposite the main screen, so it does not interfere with the viewing.

Happy painting ! Let us know your final colour choice.

walls/ceiling should always be neutral grey or black.........In my HT room my ceiling is also black..........depends on choice and preference. The wall behind the TV is most important. Even if you want other walls to be of a different colour, the tv wall should be neutral grey or black.

Hi
As all of my furniture was walnut, went for dark brown on the back wall , and light brown for half the sides, with white for the second half as the room would have looked too gloomy.
Sorry for the images. Clicked it from my mobile .

Now please help me on the carpet placement, have bought a 5/8 ft carpet. Doesn't seem to make any difference to the bass boom i have

Attachments

• 20120803_083004.jpg
    20120803_083004.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 20120803_082950.jpg
    20120803_082950.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Thanks. I checked out the link . What do u think i need , the Bass Traps or just the acoustic foam . The corner bass traps there r expensive . Plus if i do go for it would i require these traps for all 4 corners or only for the opposite wall.

Thanks. I checked out the link . What do u think i need , the Bass Traps or just the acoustic foam . The corner bass traps there r expensive . Plus if i do go for it would i require these traps for all 4 corners or only for the opposite wall.

well, i wouldnt be the right person to suggest...you could check it out on google or you tube.. - The secrets of bass trap

Hi Ortho,

Reg. carpet, if you want any kind of effect, you need to cover entire floor wall to wall. the 5/8 carpet will not be effective.

Based on the pic of your room and subwoofer position, I'd suggest keep the bass trap on the opposite top corners. One should also suffice.

I think the screen fixing has been placed on lower side, it should have been more up. Please do share the pictures of sitting area and 5.1 speakers.

V.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back