Cement fibre board - request urgent advice

captainrizal

Has anyone used cement fibre board for room acoustic? I am planning to relocate my dedicated HT to some other room in my house. Carpentry job already started and I'm looking for wall acoustics treatments. I'm planning to cover cement walls with plywood and then use acoustic foams from aurica at reflective points. For ceiling, I'm using acoustic panels. My room is about 140 sq ft. Please advise urgently.

I would suggest you not to do that, cement fibre boards have a very low NRC Rating.

Im not sure if you want to fill you home theater with foam, aesthetically it looks really bad and i speak here from experience, i have used all types of foams, wood wools, anutones etc.. and nothing has been close to the magic of glass wool.

I would suggest you do a little research before you invest in anything, u can check cueacoustic.in might be able to help your needs.. check it out

I would suggest you not to do that, cement fibre boards have a very low NRC Rating.

Im not sure if you want to fill you home theater with foam, aesthetically it looks really bad and i speak here from experience, i have used all types of foams, wood wools, anutones etc.. and nothing has been close to the magic of glass wool.

I would suggest you do a little research before you invest in anything, u can check cueacoustic.in might be able to help your needs.. check it out

Hi Audiohead, thanks for your suggestion but its bit too late. However after going through the site that you have suggested it seems I have purchased similar type of foam panels from Bajaao.com, they even look similar. I have not installed them coz I'm away from home for some official work. I will fix them and share my experience. Glasswool was easily available and cheaper options but it posses health hazards. Its not banned in many countries. It becomes brittle and powdery over the years, which would not be visible by naked eyes and can be inhaled. It has been discussed in this forum by some FMs.

Hi Audiohead, thanks for your suggestion but its bit too late. However after going through the site that you have suggested it seems I have purchased similar type of foam panels from Bajaao.com, they even look similar. I have not installed them coz I'm away from home for some official work. I will fix them and share my experience. Glasswool was easily available and cheaper options but it posses health hazards. Its not banned in many countries. It becomes brittle and powdery over the years, which would not be visible by naked eyes and can be inhaled. It has been discussed in this forum by some FMs.

Just for info there is a difference between both the foam, one is pu and the other is melamine which is an extract of pu but with much lower absorption coefficient hence its also much much cheaper.
About glasswool everyone has their opinion so i wouldn't argue about that, you can always research on that but i would like to make a point and that is, if that was the case why would known companies worldwide in the acoustic business still use glasswool for their traps and absorbers, but then again thanks to pu :p

Please do share your experience with the cement fibre board.

I am really looking forward to making few acoustic panels with varying densities.

I am using glasswool after reading all sorts of positives and negatives about them.
If experts are to believe, using proper fabric will lock the glass wool within and no chance of them to get mixed with the air to be harmful.

Back