choice of floorstanding speakers for trance/techno/electronic music

ShutterX

hi folks. i am still planning (and saving) for my first Hifi setup.

i was eyeing bookshelves first. but then i realized that they might not be my cup of tea (since my choice of music is techno and trance and they will fall short on the bass dept.)

i have now decided on Floor standers.

among others, i have one doubt in particular. i hear that the PSB Image T6 is a great product for my choice of music.

how would the T5 fair?
the T6 is very expensive at 87k. any idea of how much the T5 would cost?

cheers

Hi Shutter X,
I have auditioned PSB Image T6 before I bought my floor standers. IMHO those speakers have a very smooth mid range which makes them more suitable for vocal sound reproduction. But the bass part is not so much strong as it is needed for techno or trance music. Having said that I would also like to add that the bass is very tight and fast. I think polk audio speakers will be more suitable for that kind of music as they have solid bass punch. The RTI series floorstanders which I auditioned at Pro-Fx gave me that impression. You can also go for JBL.

In my experience I would say PSB is good for Trance. PSB have very tight Bass in comparison to other speakers including my current Focals.

AS it is: the Bass is highly boosted in the mastering EQ of trance and techno music.

If you wish to further increase the bass, go for a boomy tower, else (as I would prefer) a tower with slightly subdued bass but tight and fast and improved midrange brings about a sort of clarity which you will get only in a studio. Which is the sound I prefer.

Infact going the bookshelf way might not be that bad. It may be even better.
Get a subwoofer along.

Since there is a lot of energy in the sub bass portion (<50Hz) a subwoofer is an excellent candidate for the same.

Hmm. I tried out the jamo 606. It has a sub built in. But the mid and vocals were very subdued. And these are kinda important for trance too.

Anyways then i tried the polk rti a7. Loved it and have decided to go for this one when make my purchase. And am now researching an amp to pair with these babies... the guys at avo delhi suggest marantz 7004. What say folks?
Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

RTI A7 and Marantz does not sound like a combo to go for, particularly for your music tastes. It'll be overtly bright. All said if you've liked the combo, go with it.

RTI A7 and Marantz does not sound like a combo to go for, particularly for your music tastes. It'll be overtly bright. All said if you've liked the combo, go with it.

Well. I havent heard the 7004 with these speakers. But instead with a denon integrated amp. I liked these speakers. But no idea of the amp. But i got time. This purchase is going ro take place 6 months from now.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back