Christmas gift from Linn records

Has anyone else faced issues playing track 7? My android device does not seem to like playing it...

Plays fine with players like BSPlayer, etc... though does not play with the stock player. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S2.

I suggest you try with other players.

Last edited:
Plays fine with players like BSPlayer, etc... though does not play with the stock player. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S2.

I suggest you try with other players.

The other flacs seem to play fine in the default player in s2, will try others and see...

Just downloaded a MP3 and Studio master FLAC version of the same song and did a quick comparison. I felt the MP3 sounded better than the Studio master FLAC :eek:

But then after loading the tracks in an audio editor I figured out that the sound level on the MP3 is higher than the FLAC version and I think that would have tricked me into thinking that the MP3 sounded better:indifferent14:

It is due to the MP3 encoder. The encoder normalized the track prior to encoding. It shouldn't. Mistake on Linn's part.

Guys,

You need to register and go through all the proccess that you would if you are " NOT " buying free. The only difference is that your bill will show " zero ". It invloves a few additional steps but it is worth it. You can give some address - does not have to be your credit card address.

BTW: Jochen of listening room has offered to give the entire tracks out to all who have missed out any.

Earlier I could download without entering credit card details but since yesterday, they are asking for credit card details. Funny!

Hi,

I am all into analogue, but would definately want to try out the studio master flac (24/192) which I have downloaded.

My system is as follows:-

Marantz CD5001 --> Lyrita Pre --> Lyrita Monoblock --> Cadence Avita's

I do connect Behringer DEQ2496 in the chain (which can be played via selector switch on the pre). This DEQ has a DAC which has 24/96 processor and I use the CD5001 as transport.

Marantz CD5001 --> DEQ2496 --> Lyrita Pre --> Lyrita Monoblock --> Cadence Avita's

Can some one suggest me the best possible way to play these studio master flac files.

Thanks in advance,

Can some one suggest me the best possible way to play these studio master flac files.

Cheapest way is to buy a media player from a reputed brand.

But if you want the best.

• Build yourself an audiophile PC or buy an expensive laptop
  • Pay for a media player software targeted at audiophiles
  • Invest in a good outboard DAC
  • Use software such as Spatial computer

You will either need to use a computer to play the high resolution studio master files. But I guess the Behringer has no USB input.
The next option is to burn these files to a blank disc and play it on your marantz cdp. I think you can use foobar with fooburninate plug in, to burn flac to cd's.

Thanks ranjeetrain & iaudio for your suggestions,
I will surely do some study on your recommendations.

I have used VLC player to play the flac files on my laptop, however I am not sure the output of laptop will have the 24/192 which can be connected to the pre or DEQ.

Regards,

I have used VLC player to play the flac files on my laptop, however I am not sure the output of laptop will have the 24/192 which can be connected to the pre or DEQ.

Regards,

The bit depth and sample rate can be changed manually by going to the audio properties and selecting the required setting upto 24/192.

I have the tracks from the 2nd one onwards. In case anybody is interested in the same let me know

Guys can anybody share the link for the first one pls

I have found the codes to use for the first 4 tracks (also lets you download the album art for those available)

If anyone can send me tracks 5 and 6 I would be eternally grateful.

Day 1: Dunedin Consort DAY1HEG3
Day 2: Trashcan Sinatras DAY2EF6T
Day 3: Scottish Chamber Orchestra DAY3P9LK
Day 4: Human Dont Be Angry aka Malcolm Middleton DAY4RB7Y

Just enter the code in the check out and it will set price to 0.00

Regards,

Simple method.

Dump the flacs into a good laptop or a pc. Buy a usb dac which does asynchronous and plays 24 / 192 ( high def files).

Cheap and great option:
High Resolution Technologies - Music Streamer II+

Use foobar to play the files. It is free and very good.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back