Christmas gift from Linn records

You need to have a credit card to do this, eventhough its free, right?

no. just register yourself and go through the procedure as if you were buying a download. except the cost would be 0.00$. you need to put your address and stuff. i don't have a credit card but downloaded by filling the forms with the relevant information.

ranjeetrain, the page you linked, asks me to sign in! Anyway I had already registered, just backed out at the address part as I dont have a credit card :)
I missed the first song the same way.

Just downloaded the second free track and I can say that, this is a treat to my ears and complete justice to my receiver.
Hearing such recordings which are uncompressed and studio quality is a bliss in itself.

I regret that I missed the 1st one - Messiah: And the Glory of the Lord (Chorus)

Is their any way to get the first one?

Thanks to Rajiv for such a great find.

I also want the first one is there any way of getting the same ?? anybody who has downloaded the same can upload to a private weblink vide dropbox and share the same

Last edited:
ranjeetrain, the page you linked, asks me to sign in! Anyway I had already registered, just backed out at the address part as I dont have a credit card :)
I missed the first song the same way.

Iaudio,

Just go ahead and enter an address it won't ask you for credit card details. Basically you need to have an account with all details to download. For these free ones they've just waived the credit card field. It's a weird way to go though instead of a simple download link but I guess this is a marketing drive to gather emails and potential future customers.

I downloaded one but I had to download the alac version since I don't have a hi res set up. Unfortunately it sounded all pumped up in volume to me on my laptop :( Even vinyls off YouTube sound more dynamic from low to high. Maybe the original studio masters are the thing when played back on an appropriate system. Or maybe I'm missing something.

Regards

Last edited:
by the way, what was your impression about the second track? i had never heard of the Trashcan Sinatras before. I thought they sounded a bit like Death Cab For Cutie.

Iaudio,

Just go ahead and enter an address it won't ask you for credit card details. Basically you need to have an account with all details to download. For these free ones they've just waived the credit card field. It's a weird way to go though instead of a simple download link but I guess this is a marketing drive to gather emails and potential future customers.

I downloaded one but I had to download the alac version since I don't have a hi res set up. Unfortunately it sounded all pumped up in volume to me on my laptop :( Even vinyls off YouTube sound more dynamic from low to high. Maybe the original studio masters are the thing when played back on an appropriate system. Or maybe I'm missing something.

Regards

Steve,
When I made that post I had got around to doing it. But i missed the first days download because I backed out because I thought a credit card was required.

Back