Comparing speakers

sash1234

What is a better buy? Monitor Silver RX6 or B & W 683 / 685 series? For a 5.1 system for Home theatre? Any suggestions

oppos a good player that will do cds and dvds and blurays all in one nicely. the monitor audio silver series is really good. imo better than the b&w 683 and lower on cost as well. you wont really need floorstanders for the fronts since you will be putting in a sub woofer i assume. a good amp to match is the marantz. but audition before you buy

Sorry for such a late reply. I am ok for a budget of around 3 to 4 lacs for the whole set up. Already have a Sony 40" TV. Mostly be for music and movies. Would also like to get a good Blu Ray player. Looking at Oppo or any other good player.

---
I am here: Google Maps

If you have a budget of 4 La for a Receiver + 5.1 speakers, you can probably do much better than the models mentioned
Where are you based?

Look for a sub like the SVS or the higher end Velodyne/REL. Speakers - RX6 as you mentioned, PSB, Usher, and plenty of choices. On the receiver don't skimp for the 50K ones, go for a higher end NAD - which has a good power amp section

cheers

Since you have a budget of 3-4 lacs, check out the Focal JM Labs from France. IMO the sound & build quality are far better than the B&Ws & MAs. Pro-Fx are the dealers for this brand in INDIA. Regarding the A/V Receiver check out the brand B&K Components. I am not aware about the dealer details in INDIA.

http://www.bkcomp.com/

Cheers

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back