Component Speakers for Zen

Weathered

I am on the look out to buy a set of 6.5 inch Component Speakers for my 2004 model Zen. Have already bought the Head Unit and an Amplifier a few months back, yet to be installed. I chose Kenwood HU based on my listening experience in a couple of friends cars and found Kenwood suits my ears when compared with my existing Pioneer (bright), Sony, Blaupunkt & JVC units. I also felt an Amp of the same make should gel with HU and got a Kenwood Amp as well, purely based on the user reviews.

HU - Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693 featuring 3 Sets of 4V preamp outputs, Rear USB in & AUX in, Sound Excellence DSP (TA), 24 bit D/A converter, Crossover settings for front speakers, rear speakers, and subwoofer etc.

Amp - Kenwood KAC-8404 Four-Channel with Variable LPF/HPF, 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms.

Speakers - Suggest the ones which would complement the above Kenwood HU/Amp. I am looking at models from Rainbow, Infinity, DLS, Illusion etc. costing within 10K.

I wont be buying either rear speakers or installing a Subwoofer...just the fronts. I hate those SPL setups which boom.

I want the overall setup to sound detailed, warm and musical...especially at low and moderate volume levels. Since only the front seats are occupied most of the time, I desire a front soundstage.

So far, I've been suggested from a very experienced person who has listened to many setups to go for Rainbow SLG 265 Titans being priced at 9990/- as the ideal one for my requirements. I havent had a chance to check any Rainbows so far. Do anyone here know or have a setup in Bangalore with Rainbows installed that I can listen to or provide any feedback on the same?

Looking to complete the install within 15K, including damping the front doors and decent wiring like finolex or MX. Any recommendations on a VFM 10 gauge wiring kit and damping material (for the front doors)? Suggestions on recommended installers in Bangalore who are good at SQ installs and dont charge a bomb are welcome :)

@weathered,..if u do go thru the various posts on the car audio section,u probably will find the answers to all ur qns ;).cheers

I would suggest the audison Voce range for your set up. I also would strongly suggest you an Subwoofer may be a 8inch or a 10inch at the rear. This is not for SPL set up but they are called the rear fill. The need to match with the front speaker so that the front staging will be perfect. I would suggest you to meet TMC electronics at +91 9845038268 or +91 9590630999. Cheers goos luck. Dampening sheets and all the those wiring would be costing you more. Wires like finolex are used at home electricals, for the car they have some special cables like OFC etc with different brands. Check out with them for the right guidance.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back