Confused between LG CX and Samsung Q95T

Burn-in nothing but uneven aging.
Black bars are not lit but every other area is lit up so the black bars should be comparatively ageing less and be brighter. In full screen picture, you should be able to see them ideally.
Oh ok gotcha.

I have never seen a burn in myself but admittedly iam not a gamer. But I see a ton of content with black bars and in fact content without the black bar is fairly limited. But there is no black bar burn in my tv after 3 years even if I look for it. If I dont look for it, the pq is as amazing as the first day of the tv.
I personally think it is blown out of proportion by the samsung lot to justify the pitiful existence of their over priced qleds.
If anyone in the forum has a burn in please post. I haven't seen a single complaint that my tv is unusable due to burn in. If it is not a problem for a whole enthusiast forum, I say dont even consider it as a problem.

I dont game on my OLED but some burn-in has occured not sure due to what. But its a C7 and apparently this was the last model which had higher chances of burn-in within first few years and later models would not have this issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201006-122253_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201006-122253_Gallery.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 40
Samsung Display are stopping LCD production this year & will start Oled & Mini Led production.

This doesn't mean Samsung is exiting Qleds which is discussion here. They're stopping supplies for low margin lcd panels which Chinese firms have cornered the market like TCL, AUO etc

I dont game on my OLED but some burn-in has occured not sure due to what. But its a C7 and apparently this was the last model which had higher chances of burn-in within first few years and later models would not have this issue.

This seems to be the start of general degradation due to aging. Faces usually come in the center, and they use red pixel a lot, so that causes the center to age faster.

How many hours have hit as of yet?

2018 panels increased the red subpixel by 25% and then 2019 did that again, along with aperture ratio improvements that weren't used for increasing peak brightness. So newer panels will last quite a lot longer than your C7.

Oh ok , thankfully its not very apparent for most of the backgrounds (more prominent on pink/orange backgrounds). The usage is about 3500 hours right now. I hope remains like this for atleast a year or more , will then go for the newer series.

My Samsung QLED also chose a similar time to go bad, has aN end to end line artefact at the top. Apparently a common issue on googling.
The service center also has been very non responsive (raised a complaint 2 weeks back, a service engineer visited and post that no updates) , i tried arguing about their 10 year burn-in warranty and they got confused and have not gotten back at all. Was expecting Samsung to last atleast 4 years but really dissapointed as this is the first ever occurence of such (our previous 40 inch Samsung LCD lasted for 10 + years).

Oh ok , thankfully its not very apparent for most of the backgrounds (more prominent on pink/orange backgrounds). The usage is about 3500 hours right now. I hope remains like this for atleast a year or more , will then go for the newer series.

My Samsung QLED also chose a similar time to go bad, has aN end to end line artefact at the top. Apparently a common issue on googling.
The service center also has been very non responsive (raised a complaint 2 weeks back, a service engineer visited and post that no updates) , i tried arguing about their 10 year burn-in warranty and they got confused and have not gotten back at all. Was expecting Samsung to last atleast 4 years but really dissapointed as this is the first ever occurence of such (our previous 40 inch Samsung LCD lasted for 10 + years).

Compensation cycles will correct it a bit as you have life left in the panel. You can do a long one manually right now to help it.

It will last you 2000-3000 hours more before it becomes darker and noticeable in all content.

Don't buy a new TV. Contact LG after 6-7 months. They have been doing one-time courtesy replacement for burn-in outside, and you should use that to get them to replace yours too.

They replaced my C9's panel for uniformity. I just had to be after them and show them it's a problem.

Actually, if you have warranty left, the additional one year warranty that they gave on panel, use it now only then. The newer panel will last you quite a lot longer. 10000+ hours easily, if not 15-20k.

Unfortunately did not purchase the additional one year warranty. So will need to rely on their 1 time courtesy replacement they did outside

Unfortunately did not purchase the additional one year warranty. So will need to rely on their 1 time courtesy replacement they did outside

They used to offer it by default, at least from late 2018. Not sure if it was there when you got your set. No worries. You can totally use the precedent they have set outside to get them to do it. Shame them on Twitter with images if they refuse. That will get them going. You can also raise a voice of customer complaint after calling them a few times and getting a negative response.

This doesn't mean Samsung is exiting Qleds which is discussion here. They're stopping supplies for low margin lcd panels which Chinese firms have cornered the market like TCL, AUO etc
Where did i say they are exiting Qleds? I just said they are going to start Oled & Mini Led production.

Where did i say they are exiting Qleds? I just said they are going to start Oled & Mini Led production.
Samsung Display and Samsung Electronics are two different companies with different goals. So, it does not make any sense to post that on this thread, comes across as unfounded fear mongering.

Samsung Electronics will keep sourcing their LCD panels from other sources.

Compensation cycles will correct it a bit as you have life left in the panel. You can do a long one manually right now to help it.

It will last you 2000-3000 hours more before it becomes darker and noticeable in all content.

Don't buy a new TV. Contact LG after 6-7 months. They have been doing one-time courtesy replacement for burn-in outside, and you should use that to get them to replace yours too.

They replaced my C9's panel for uniformity. I just had to be after them and show them it's a probso

Actually, if you have warranty left, the additional one year warranty that they gave on panel, use it now only then. The newer panel will last you quite a lot longer. 10000+ hours easily, if not 15-20k.
Warranty on LG OLED panel ?? Bro how to get that.. kindly share the info & price thanx

Warranty on LG OLED panel ?? Bro how to get that.. kindly share the info & price thanx
LG gives one year warranty plus one year additional on panel, or they have been since the past year and a half. Last year near Diwali they gave an offer of additional 3 years comprehensive warranty for free. Only labor charges extra when you claim warranty, so not exactly free, but reliable insurance nonetheless.

Maybe they'll launch it again this year...

yes now tht OLED has been confirmed with thanx to your inputs suggestions and experience...
Hopefully this last time I am asking ..CX or C9
Now I am confused abt those...some say they removed something from CX which was great in C9
While other half say it's alright not tht much of and issue..

LG gives one year warranty plus one year additional on panel, or they have been since the past year and a half. Last year near Diwali they gave an offer of additional 3 years comprehensive warranty for free. Only labor charges extra when you claim warranty, so not exactly free, but reliable insurance nonetheless.

Maybe they'll launch it again this year...
So all burn in or any other issues can be taken care in this warranty ?? I am just preparing for worst case scenario...(pessimistic much lol)..
Labour thing is not an issue it's just if something happen panel like burn in or other thing..I don't want to spend another 100k for panel within 1-2 year...thanx for quick reply.

So all burn in or any other issues can be taken care in this warranty ?? I am just preparing for worst case scenario...(pessimistic much lol)..
Labour thing is not an issue it's just if something happen panel like burn in or other thing..I don't want to spend another 100k for panel within 1-2 year...thanx for quick reply.

What's your usage like? On 2017 models, permanent burn-in happened after 3,000 hours or so. Now 2019 and 2020 ones will survive for 6,000-7,000 hours easily of a static image, if not more. Are you going to cross that much time on a static image within 2 years or 4 years?

Let's say you watch DTH for 4 hours everyday. That's about 1,500 hours each year. 4 years or so before the DTH logo gets burnt in permanently on your TV, assuming the logo stays on screen all the time.

Calculate it based like that.

LG officially doesn't replace panel for burn-in, but they have replaced literally thousands, for which you have proof in forums. Anyway, I say don't even count on that. Calculate based on above hours and make your peace with that.

If you watch 6 hours of DTH everyday, then you might as well skip OLED for now. If you watch 3-4 hours, are you fine with replacing it after 4 years? If you watch for 2 hours only do DTH everyday, and rest streaming or gaming, definitely go OLED.

yes now tht OLED has been confirmed with thanx to your inputs suggestions and experience...
Hopefully this last time I am asking ..CX or C9
Now I am confused abt those...some say they removed something from CX which was great in C9
While other half say it's alright not tht much of and issue..

DTS audio codec support is removed from CX. The HDMI 2.1 bandwidth is cut from 48 Gbps to 40, but that's not really something you'll miss. CX does add usable black frame insertion support though. The panel is mostly the same in both of them. I don't know of any substantial change.

Anyway, now there will hardly any new C9s left, and there's a good chance you'll get a display piece. Last year diwali offer started 3-4 weeks before Diwali. Wait for 3-4 weeks. You'll get details about offers on CX.

I'll suggest going for CX only now.

What's your usage like? On 2017 models, permanent burn-in happened after 3,000 hours or so. Now 2019 and 2020 ones will survive for 6,000-7,000 hours easily of a static image, if not more. Are you going to cross that much time on a static image within 2 years or 4 years?

Let's say you watch DTH for 4 hours everyday. That's about 1,500 hours each year. 4 years or so before the DTH logo gets burnt in permanently on your TV, assuming the logo stays on screen all the time.

LG officially doesn't replace panel for burn-in, but they have replaced literally thousands, for which you have proof in forums. Anyway, I say don't even count on that. Calculate based on above hours and make your peace with that.

If you watch 6 hours of DTH everyday, then you might as well skip OLED for now. If you watch 3-4 hours, are you fine with replacing it after 4 years? If you watch for 2 hours only do DTH everyday, and rest streaming or gaming, definitely go OLE

If you watch 6 hours of DTH everyday, then you might as well skip OLED for now. If you watch 3-4 hours, are you fine with replacing it after 4 years? If you watch for 2 hours only do DTH everyday, and rest streaming or gaming, definitely go OLED.
Hmmm that's some insight I must say bro..

DTH don't have that.. removed after new weird TRAI rules.

Mostly OTT & Games (Netflix, Amazon-prime, Hotstar and Sony LIV for Sports, sometime zee5, viki rakutan well for u know korean and Chinese drama for (Bully's).

than my gaming time cod if good team 4 hrs max.. than some solo games like Ghost of tsushima, God of war and other which will release in coming months)
Hour wise I'd say 250 - 300 hr a month.( Thts combine ott and gaming hrs)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back