Cowon C2 doubt

Hi,
Myself mounarshi, a newbie.I wish to buy a pmp within 7/8K INR which will sound fantastic and will have an expandable memory option and will play FLAC.Video is not a priority. have been doing a little bit of research off late and I think since I have a bit apprehensive about good audio quality, I will go with a Cowon PMP.As,from what I get thorugh my bits and pieces of research,the sound reproduction quality of Cowon is unmatched owing to the BBE+ and JetEffects. I think the Cowon C2 fits my needs suitably(I think I will manage the UI! ). I am finding it at INFIBEAM @6600 INR.

However the fact that Cowon doesn't have a service centre near Kolkata,where I stay is giving me a headache. And as posted in the various forums,Cowon's Customer Care/Support Center is practically non existant. So I am really apprehensive as to what would I do in case the product malfunctions.

Please correct me if I am wrong.Also,please suggest some suitable alternatives/devices that come close to it,if any. Thanks.

The player alone is not going to produce stellar sound. You need capable headphones/earphones at the end of the day. :)
If you do have that, well and good, go for the cowon C2. I used to have the D2 and in this day and age, the resistive touch screen is not exactly a pleasure to use, one being accustomed to smooth response of contemporary capacitive touch screen phones.

Cowons are known for low frequency roll off, the Sansa clip supposedly has a flat frequency response and a very low output impedance.

Hey,

thanks for the info. Actually i did a bit of research in around Jan this year and then finally purchased a Jays a-jays one which probably, is one of the better iems in the sub 2K range as far as the reviews go. I would have gone for the a-jays two but then flipkart gave me a handsome discount (I think I got it for 1590) and I chose the a-jays one. I think its really good.The sound is balanced,the bass is not overpowering unlike the sony x-bass ones and the soundstage is decent. Prior to this, I was focussed on buying the meelectronics me 6 but then read in various forums tht its treble is a bit harsh and hence bought this one. :)

My only apprehensions about the cowon players is their warranty. I live in Kolkata and in case anything falters, I dunno what to do.

I owned a Cowon C2 previously and liked the sound quality but due to the touchscreen issues I returned it to Amazon. I seriously think this guy has has some stability issues.
Currently I am using a Rockboxed iPod 5th Video generation and I am loving it!

My A2 has been on trains and plains with me since 2003. No problems with touch screens, this half-brick of a player pre-dates them.

Sounds nice :)

Op,Thad, Even the D2 sounded good. It had loads of power and best of all, amazing battery life. But now I have settled with the Sansa Clip Plus/Clip Zip. Only wish it had better battery life. I dont mind the small display. It sounds pretty good too.

Thanks all.
Alternatively,I am thinking about the Nationite Nanite N2.Learnt about it from here,heard its got BBE+ too. And I get a sd card slot too at around 3 bucks which is cool since video priority. Is it better/at par with Cowon iAudio E2? More importantly,what about the stability issues?

thanks esantosh. I am getting a sansa clip zip @3650 at ebay. I have read about its greatness.Can anyone tell me if the SQ of the default/rockboxed one equal to or greater than players with BBE+ i.e iaudio e2,nanite n2?

I am using Cowon S9 for last 4 years.Along with senheiser PX100.the combination gives incredible sound quality.So for no issues. Not even a scratch on OLED screen:). I listened to Apple's all players (nano ,shuffle,touch) and this player beats all in sound quality and DSP.Many of my friends who owns Apple also admitted this.

The only but insignificant issue is this player looks flimsy.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back