Database: Streaming services in India (2021)

k-pad

Hi all,
Trying to make a database for services available in India. Starting for a few I have subscribed to, please feel free to add for whatever you have. Am sure it would be useful for future subscribers.
Regards
--
Format:
Service, Plan, peak video capability, peak audio capability.

Netflix: 899 plan, 4K, Dolby Vision, 5.1, up to Dolby Atomos
Prime: Bundled @ 999 with annual Prime, 4k, 4.1
Hotstar: Premium 999 (going up next year?) , 1080P?, 5.1
SonyLiv: (599) Premium, Undisclosed, Undisclosed.
Voot: (299) Premium, Undisclosed, Undisclosed.
Zee5: (999) Premium, undisclosed (though it looks to be 1080p), undisclosed (yet to see a 5.1 claim for any content)
Please do add for other services you have experienced too...
Sunnxt:
Lionsgate standalone:
Mubi:
Criterion, if available in India via VPN:
Please add as many streaming services as possible, including Hindi, Telugu, Bengali, and others. Will be useful for FMs across the board.

And also music:
Far as I know, all services in India are limited to non-Hi-Fi?
Tidal via VPN in economical countries are the best?
Regards

PS: Once enough inputs are there, happy to collate in a table and publish at the end of the thread.

Hi all,
Trying to make a database for services available in India. Starting for a few I have subscribed to, please feel free to add for whatever you have. Am sure it would be useful for future subscribers.
Regards
--
Format:

Zee5: (999) Premium, undisclosed (though it looks to be 1080p), undisclosed (yet to see a 5.1 claim for any content)
Sunnxt:
Lionsgate standalone:
Mubi:
Please add as many streaming services as possible, including Hindi, Telugu, Bengali, and others. Will be useful for FMs across the board.

And also music:
Regards

PS: Once enough inputs are there, happy to collate in a table and publish at the end of the thread.
Disney + Hotstar Premium is Rs. 1499 for 4K plan with 5.1

Hi all,
Regards
--
Format:

Sunnxt:
Lionsgate standalone:
Mubi:

And also music:
Regards

looks like you are settling down to enjoy all the entertainment available in India with complete HT system, all the best :)

Hi all,
Regards
--
Format:

Sunnxt:
Lionsgate standalone:
Mubi:

And also music:
Regards

Sunnxt: (499) Annual premium, 1080p, 5.1
Apple+: (99) monthly premium, 4K, Atmos

Hoichoi - For Bengali movies and web series. Available on Android devices, Apple devices, Roku, LG WebOS, Samsung Tizen, and Fire TV. Content quality unknown.

Epic on - movies, documentaries, and web series in many Indian languages. Available on Android, Apple, and Fire stick. Content quality unknown.

This is a basic summary I could compile of some services.
#OriginalWith
Amazon
Screen
Eros Now
399​
299​
1​
Discovery+
399​
299​
4​
LionsGate
699​
699​
3​
Docu Bay
999​
499​
2​
Shorts TV
499​
299​
Mubi
3598​
1999​
2​
Disney Hotstar
1499​
4​
SonyLiv
999​
2​
Voot
299​
4​
Zee5
499​
3​
Netflix
899​
4​
Prime
999​
3​
Shemaroo
749​
4​

Please do note Netflix rates are p.m. while all other rates are p.a.

#OriginalWith
Amazon
Screen
Eros Now
399​
299​
1​
Discovery+
399​
299​
4​
LionsGate
699​
699​
3​
Docu Bay
999​
499​
2​
Shorts TV
499​
299​
Mubi
3598​
1999​
2​
Disney Hotstar
1499​
4​
SonyLiv
999​
2​
Voot
299​
4​
Zee5
499​
3​
Netflix
899​
4​
Prime
999​
3​
Shemaroo
749​
4​
It is nicely summarized. The basic plan for Netflix starts from Rs.499, and the 4K costs Rs.799. Probably, we can make another row to break down the pricing based on streaming quality.

#OriginalWith
Amazon
Screen
Eros Now
399​
299​
1​
Discovery+
399​
299​
4​
LionsGate
699​
699​
3​
Docu Bay
999​
499​
2​
Shorts TV
499​
299​
Mubi
3598​
1999​
2​
Disney Hotstar
1499​
4​
SonyLiv
999​
2​
Voot
299​
4​
Zee5
499​
3​
Netflix
899​
4​
Prime
999​
3​
Shemaroo
749​
4​
Thank you, Yogesh bhai!

#OriginalWith
Amazon
Screen
Eros Now
399​
299​
1​
Discovery+
399​
299​
4​
LionsGate
699​
699​
3​
Docu Bay
999​
499​
2​
Shorts TV
499​
299​
Mubi
3598​
1999​
2​
Disney Hotstar
1499​
4​
SonyLiv
999​
2​
Voot
299​
4​
Zee5
499​
3​
Netflix
9588 899
4​
Prime
999​
3​
Shemaroo
749​
4​
Please note that Netflix rates in this table are per month whereas all others seem to be annual rates. This makes Mubi and hotstar look expensive. Also, Mubi is currently available for 1999 even on Mubi website. And Netflix rate is 799, not 899, which translates to 9588 per year.

Please note that Netflix rates in this table are per month whereas all others seem to be annual rates. This makes Mubi and hotstar look expensive. Also, Mubi is currently available for 1999 even on Mubi website. And Netflix rate is 799, not 899, which translates to 9588 per year.
Fair point. But I think Yogesh did mention at the bottom that NF is monthly while the rest are annual.
Yogesh bhai, you have already done a great service by setting the ball rolling. If you can save it as an editable file with access to a couple of us, we will be happy to share the responsibility of updation with you.
Let us know if possible.
Regards

Last edited:
Fair point.
Yogesh bhai, you have already done a great service by setting the ball rolling. If you can save it as an editable file with access to a couple of us, we will be happy to share the responsibility of updation with you.
Let us know if possible.
Regards
Also, if this goes forward, would be nice if FMs can share more details.
Would like to add Sunnxt, bolly apps like the times one and balaji's, Apple TV, Hoichoi, Rakuten (if available in India), Nature/History/Culinary/sports streams, etc, etc.

You might have mistyped; Prime supports 4K, 5.1/ATMOS (handful title available).
Correct, sir.
Did mean 5.1! (More than a handful of titles I'd say actually.)
And now that they have tie-ins with Lionsgate, Mubi, etc, it's become even more awesome.
But as someone linked above, prices are drastically going up all across the competition.
Providers have tested price hikes, and from what I hear they like the numbers they have seen so far. Expect things to cost more in 22-23.
Cheers.

Sony Bravia core streaming service will be starting shortly . We will be able to stream high quality videos requiring min of 80 Mbps speed of internet. That is 3 times of existing netflixalso consuming 3 times data.
It has numerous imax enhanced videos.
Initially it will be available only for new sony Bravia XR series models all J series.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back