Decent 4k under 86k according living room space.

Yoman!

Hey, pardon for any errors since this is my first post(anywhere).
1) along with the attached living room overview... Do i require an IPS panel or will a VA panel do?. I am not sure of how to get the viewing angle. There is an indian sitting on the side where people may sit occasionally.
2) the viewing distance is close to 11ft(i know rtings says 75 inches but that way out of my budget) in this situation which is better i) 65 inch low end big 3 or high end budget ii) mid range 55inch.
3) room is moderately to well light(french window) but day viewing will be limited.
4) usage is primarily ott content,ps4/ps5,music,usb. Not planning a set up box..maybe a firestick in the future. Home theatre on the cards but thats a different post.
5) I really had an eye for sony x8000h at around 82k at croma. Other suggestions are welcome.. refrained from samsung since VA.
6) since i am buying other electronics in bulk (3 acs,1 microwave) can i expect a greater discount on tv...oh i wish i can get x9500g at 85k price point...also cant wait till diwali as i need to buy them now and there would a tradeoff between bulk discount vs diwali discount on a single product. Where would i find a better deal..local retailers(mumbai) or big retailers.
7) models in mind sony x8000h, lg sm8600,lg sm8100, nokia 65, moto 65. But open to other suggestions as well, Chinese too but with a heavy heart.
P.s: changed the sofa in 3d, hifi gurus please don't let your stomach churn at the speaker placement...have changed that.Screenshot_20200806-200612.png
Sorry for the long post!view 1.JPG

Looks like your living room needs a 65 inch. Sony x950g or Samsung q70r are the best options if u go for 55inch. For 65 u need to increase Ur budget to 1.5L. but have to compromise on viewing angles. Lg c9 gives u best viewing angle but at higher price.
Or if u want the best in your budget go for hisnense u7qf 65 inch well within your budget

Looks like your living room needs a 65 inch. Sony x950g or Samsung q70r are the best options if u go for 55inch. For 65 u need to increase Ur budget to 1.5L. but have to compromise on viewing angles. Lg c9 gives u best viewing angle but at higher price.
Or if u want the best in your budget go for hisnense u7qf 65 inch well within your budget
Cool! Thanks for your input!about point 6, since I don't think Sony has launched x9500h in 55' so I don't expect x9500g to fall drastically...still is expecting it for 85k too optimistic? Especially with the other things I would buy along with it...and also will the local retailers give a better deal?

85k for 950G, I’d say is too optimistic. There is no harm in trying. It’s a VA panel too. I know people say VA equals to poor viewing angles. I feel the newer tech VA panels aren’t that bad as they used to be. Go to a showroom and see it for yourself if the viewing angle is a problem.

You have a beautiful home there. Drawing doesn’t do justice to the nice decor you got. I’ll definitely suggest you to have a look at Samsung Frame.

I got a call from Sony center here in Bangalore Kalyan Nagar about X800H - they had it on display and at offer. You may want to check Sony centre’s too.

VU, TCL, Kodak, Panasonic, Moto, etc have very much the same performance and cost. 55in with them will cost around 35k compared to 85k at premium brands. Which one to pick depends on three parameters 1.Are you a videophile and look for perfect picture? 2. How long do you keep your TVs for? And 3. Are you brand and social status conscious person?

I am looking for 75in and I had my eye on TCL and VU TVs for what they offer. But essentially I am looking at Sony now. I am still considering tcl c815 but not sure.

85k for 950G, I’d say is too optimistic. There is no harm in trying. It’s a VA panel too. I know people say VA equals to poor viewing angles. I feel the newer tech VA panels aren’t that bad as they used to be. Go to a showroom and see it for yourself if the viewing angle is a problem.

You have a beautiful home there. Drawing doesn’t do justice to the nice decor you got. I’ll definitely suggest you to have a look at Samsung Frame.

I got a call from Sony center here in Bangalore Kalyan Nagar about X800H - they had it on display and at offer. You may want to check Sony centre’s too.

VU, TCL, Kodak, Panasonic, Moto, etc have very much the same performance and cost. 55in with them will cost around 35k compared to 85k at premium brands. Which one to pick depends on three parameters 1.Are you a videophile and look for perfect picture? 2. How long do you keep your TVs for? And 3. Are you brand and social status conscious person?

I am looking for 75in and I had my eye on TCL and VU TVs for what they offer. But essentially I am looking at Sony now. I am still considering tcl c815 but not sure.
Hmmm not a videophile as such since I currently have a 2010 lg jazz but if I am shelling out 85k I would want the best picture quality at that price point. I had read about frame but chose to not go for it since it's basically a lower end samsung with the additional frame feature(I guess), so would rather see Samsung TV around 65-75k rather than the frame at 84k Unless you are telling me it's a significant upgrade.
Not brand conscious as such but a bit weary about after sales support from the budget brands. Do you think VA will suit my home? Considering I mentioned it's well lit most of the day and also the viewing from that window sitting?

Hmmm not a videophile as such since I currently have a 2010 lg jazz but if I am shelling out 85k I would want the best picture quality at that price point. I had read about frame but chose to not go for it since it's basically a lower end samsung with the additional frame feature(I guess), so would rather see Samsung TV around 65-75k rather than the frame at 84k Unless you are telling me it's a significant upgrade.
Not brand conscious as such but a bit weary about after sales support from the budget brands. Do you think VA will suit my home? Considering I mentioned it's well lit most of the day and also the viewing from that window sitting?
But durability and after sales support is a big factor. Need the tv for at least 5-7 years...the lg didn't give a single problem for 10 years and is still working fine

But durability and after sales support is a big factor. Need the tv for at least 5-7 years...the lg didn't give a single problem for 10 years and is still working fine
I can think of any good IPS tv.If you can stretch your budget by 20K.you may get LG B9 specially you are going to buy so many items together.Dont buy VA its useless for your setup

basically a lower end samsung with the additional frame feature(I guess), so would rather see Samsung TV around 65-75k rather than the frame at 84k Unless you are telling me it's a significant upgrade.

From the quality perspective, this Frame is comparable to Q70 series and is considered slightly above. PQI from Samsung is a marketing gimmick, however, keeping its consistency, Frame stands as a very good set. Around 75k for 55in, it does justice to the cost.

Whether VA will work or not, visit a showroom and see QLED TVs for yourself and compare. To me, I have been fairly happy with newer VAs in terms of viewing angle. You can also see x800h, which is almost the same cost of frame and compare.

From the quality perspective, this Frame is comparable to Q70 series and is considered slightly above. PQI from Samsung is a marketing gimmick, however, keeping its consistency, Frame stands as a very good set. Around 75k for 55in, it does justice to the cost.

Whether VA will work or not, visit a showroom and see QLED TVs for yourself and compare. To me, I have been fairly happy with newer VAs in terms of viewing angle. You can also see x800h, which is almost the same cost of frame and compare.
Frame is a much better tv than x800h check the screenshot.left is sony x800h and right is frame 2020Screenshot 2020-08-07 at 6.53.34 PM.png.Also only 1lac+ TVs have additional layer which helps with wide angle.

Frame is a much better tv than x800h check the screenshot.left is sony x800h and right is frame 2020View attachment 48250.Also only 1lac+ TVs have additional layer which helps with wide angle.
Yes i know...! Guess will choose between frame,x8000h,hisense h8g or any higher end like q70,x9500g,c8,b9 if I get a great deal.Any inputs regarding after sales support between Sony,samsung,lg? Or are all crap?

Cool! Thanks for your input!about point 6, since I don't think Sony has launched x9500h in 55' so I don't expect x9500g to fall drastically...still is expecting it for 85k too optimistic? Especially with the other things I would buy along with it...and also will the local retailers give a better deal?

1 lakh is a realistic price to bargain, for the x9500g. Don’t think thr 55” x9500h will be launched this year if they get the x9000h. Either of these will be priced well above 1 lakh when they are launched.

Sony’s below the x9500g will be in a similar range of picture quality, which may not be the best compared to the x9500g. So keep in mind, even though you are spending 86k, you may not get the best picture quality within the brand.

Oleds are another level. Get the B9/C9 if you can stretch. C9 was available for 1.17 after all discounts and cash backs when I last enquired a couple of months back.

1 lakh is a realistic price to bargain, for the x9500g. Don’t think thr 55” x9500h will be launched this year if they get the x9000h. Either of these will be priced well above 1 lakh when they are launched.

Sony’s below the x9500g will be in a similar range of picture quality, which may not be the best compared to the x9500g. So keep in mind, even though you are spending 86k, you may not get the best picture quality within the brand.

Oleds are another level. Get the B9/C9 if you can stretch. C9 was available for 1.17 after all discounts and cash backs when I last enquired a couple of months back.
Nope unfortunately can't stretch beyond that. Yes I get that I won't get the best picture quality but like I said as best as I can get for 85k..I'd be happy!

You wouldn't suggest any of vu,phillips,panasonic,TCL? What about hisense h8g? Cuurently I'm thinking between frame,hisense h8g,sony x8000h

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back