Decide between panasonic TH-P42G10D, Sony 40EX500, Samsung LA40B530P7R

Miany

Please help me decide among the 3.

I know that the first one is a plasma and the other 2 are LCDs. Forget about the price and power consumption.

Which one should be the best buy?

My use is 80% DTH and 20% HD clips and BD Rips.

For DTH use, is there a significant advantage in LCD over plasma? And how is the DTH performance of G10D compared to others??

how about seeing 1080p videos and BluRay?? I am hoping that in another one year or so, we should be having enough HD channels available to make my decision based on this..

what do u guys say?

1080p transmission is not available even in US. So chances of Full HD videos from DTH / cable is a very distant possibility.

One of the most important things is a TV is the handling of motion. Irrespective of the speed of an LCD, I think a Plasma beats it hollow. Even with a 2 second response time and 50,000:1 ratio, I have seen motion blurs on LCD. There are absolutely no blurs in a Plasma.

For 42 inches and above, I think a plasma is still a better option.

Cheers

Last edited:
1080p transmission in the USA won't happen until 5 years from now,while one can watch in blu ray or via downloads.
anyway 2 are lcds while the third is a plasma,both have their pros and cons.

PS don't want to start plasma vs lcd debate.
i feel the EX500 is overall a better tv .you can also wait for the new C6xx lcds from samsung to hit the streets.

Last edited:
okay.. 1080p transimission may be a distant possibility. .. but how about the HD channels that sundirect HD is providing.. i am hearing more HD channels will be available there in future...

Also, one major question.. how about the burn-in issues that earlier plasmas used to have?? Is it still there on models like G10D???

Also, is there someone owning this particular plasma model? It will be really helpful if they can comment

Also, one major question.. how about the burn-in issues that earlier plasmas used to have?? Is it still there on models like G10D???

Also, is there someone owning this particular plasma model? It will be really helpful if they can comment
burn-in panasonic is possible.one can get it if one displays static images for a really long time,like some in the US forums who have reported burn in in their g10.

That is not correct. 1080p has been available in the US via DTH atleast for a year now. Both, 'DirecTV' & 'Dish Network' show movies on Pay Per View in 1080p.

well didn't know that,thanks for letting us know.

I am also planning to buy 40 LCD but in my thread i put ex500 and samsung b650.
You have put b530 in your title, i think its not equivalent to EX500. B650 is the model that match with ex500.

G10 any day if you have a dim lit room!

Among the LCD's both the Samsung and Sony are not that good in SD performance. HD is descent, but the EX500 and below series of sony from what ive seen has really bad contrast and blacks compared to the Samsung 6 series.

hey guys,
I bought G10 in oct last year. I saw a lot of other lcd models like that of sony, samsung and lg but liked G10 the best...I don't have DTH even -- the picture is pretty good in local cable

For G10, if burn-in is possible, then how about the labels of tata sky or Sundirect on screen??? i think those images will be resident even with normal use after some months, right??

Can some G10 owner who is having a DTH comment on this one???

I am worried about this :(.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back