Denon 1910 + Dali Concept 6

oracle1974

Hi

I intend to buy a 5.1 system; my usage is 80% movies and 20% music.

My budget is not to exceed 1.25 lakhs

I intend to go for the following:

AVR - Denon 1910

Floor standers, centre and sub-woofer - Dali Concept 6

Surround - Diamond DFS

Is there anything other combination I should look at? I was not too impressed with Wharfedale Diamond.

Morduant Short Aviano series did sound good;

Any suggestions on the combination;

Thanks

usual suggestion. I used to get this when I was looking for the same. Go spend this budget on a better 2.0 or 2.1 system than a HT. At least get front two speakers of good quality.

Nope, Anant. When somebody's preference is 80% towards movies, it makes all the sense for a 5.1 HT. But I am no expert in that department. I hope somebody would help the TS (Oracle1974) soon with the speakers. The Denon 1910 is a decent and safe choice as I have read in this forum.

Regards.

Hi

I intend to buy a 5.1 system; my usage is 80% movies and 20% music.

My budget is not to exceed 1.25 lakhs

I intend to go for the following:

AVR - Denon 1910

Floor standers, centre and sub-woofer - Dali Concept 6

Surround - Diamond DFS

Is there anything other combination I should look at? I was not too impressed with Wharfedale Diamond.

Morduant Short Aviano series did sound good;

Any suggestions on the combination;

Thanks

denon 1910 = 36k
dali lector 6 = 47k
dali lector center = ??k
concept rear = 15k
sub later

denon 1910 = 36k
monitor audio rs6 = 55k
monitor audio center = 30k
wharfedele rear = 10k
sub later

denon 1910 = 36k
jamo C405= 33k
jamo center = ??k
jamo rear = ??k
sub -of ur choice

denon 1910 = 36k
mission m35i = 33k
mission center = 9k
mission rear = 10k
sub -of ur choice

there are plenty other combos that you can make..
but for that u will have to go through the various posts in this forum

that's what I thought too - that I want to watch movies more than the music. But I realize movie need too much time and attention and you can not watch as many as you thought when you planned for the system. But you can find time for music almost every day. Percentages of 80-20 movie-music may be imagination.

Nope, Anant. When somebody's preference is 80% towards movies, it makes all the sense for a 5.1 HT. But I am no expert in that department. I hope somebody would help the TS (Oracle1974) soon with the speakers. The Denon 1910 is a decent and safe choice as I have read in this forum.

Regards.

BTW - I am watching a movie right now, after a very long time. And I can't blast it on my speakers. But I am served well by my headphones!

Last edited:
Thanks.

I have not auditioned Mission and Jamo. I will do that.

One more question, my living room size is 18'x12' - with viewing distance of 15' or so. Should I be going for floorstanders of bookshelves? I found floorstanders much better so far.

Thanks.

I have not auditioned Mission and Jamo. I will do that.

One more question, my living room size is 18'x12' - with viewing distance of 15' or so. Should I be going for floorstanders of bookshelves? I found floorstanders much better so far.

It should be FS, unless it is a dedicated sound proof room such as basement, coz with a normal room with windows and basic noise level after 6-8 ft BS are not that efficient unless they are bigger powerful BS such as PSB or Quad

Hi jayad08
I audtioned Dali Concept 6, Lektor 6 and Ikon 6 and MA BR5

I liked Ikon 6, MA BR5 and Lektor 6 in that order;

I have been quoted the following prices for FS only:

Dali Ikon 6 71000
Dali Lekto 6 55000
MA BR5 50000

For Centre
Dali Ikon Vakal 1 21000
Dali Lekto Vakal 2 29000
MA LCR 18500

I want to audtion MA RS6 before I make my final choice.

I am planning to buy FS and Centre initially and they build entire 5.1 system.

Please let me know that the prices that have been quoted by you - are they prices in Mumbai?

Thanks
Regards

Hi jayad08
I audtioned Dali Concept 6, Lektor 6 and Ikon 6 and MA BR5

I liked Ikon 6, MA BR5 and Lektor 6 in that order;

I have been quoted the following prices for FS only:

Dali Ikon 6 71000
Dali Lekto 6 55000
MA BR5 50000

For Centre
Dali Ikon Vakal 1 21000
Dali Lekto Vakal 2 29000
MA LCR 18500

I want to audtion MA RS6 before I make my final choice.

I am planning to buy FS and Centre initially and they build entire 5.1 system.

Please let me know that the prices that have been quoted by you - are they prices in Mumbai?

Thanks
Regards

not sure about mumbai, but there shouldnt be much difference between delhi/mubai for prices..
the best way to find out the prices of these models is on this forum itself (use the search with google, it highlights the specific keywords in the posts) and then check with the retailer..
i remember being quoted 69k for Ikon6, which i found over the forums for 65k..
you can negotiate with the retailer once you know the lower bound..
dont remember Lector and never asker for BR5.. but when you can have RS6 for 55-58k, why go for BR5?
Contact The Audio People directly (get from google).. I have the cell no of Naina Mohammed from Audio People, if you want that send me a PM..
If RS6 is available and you decide for the same, let me the know the final quote first before you purchase..

Thanks once again.

The dealer did not have MA RS6 for demo hence had to listen to BR5;

Audio people are Chennai based while I am in Mumbai. So are they the right people for me to get in touch with?

I will keep the forum posted on the final choice and the prices quoted.

Oracle1974

Thanks once again.

Audio people are Chennai based while I am in Mumbai. So are they the right people for me to get in touch with?

Oracle1974

TAP are the distributers for monitor audio so they will know the availability for rs6
although the best discount can given by the dealer only but there is no harm in knowing what sort of discount the distributer can offer

Thanks once again.

Oracle1974

hi oracle,

mine choice is also de same..... denon 1910 + dali concept 6....
few days back auditioned denon 1910 with dali concept 6 @ boomrang (CST)and impressed with it..... why don't we ask for discount on buying 2 pieces?

Hi jedviper
It is a good idea. Not sure how boomarang will react.

I visited Boomarang last week - I was impressed by Ikon 6; MA BR5 it was good too. I want to audition MA RS6 - i have heard quite a lot of good things about it.

Would you also want to go for IKON 6 or MA RS6?

Thanks
Oracle1974

Hi
MA RX6 is still not available for auditioning.

I have been qoted a price of 1.35 L for IKON 6 FS + Vokal 2 Centre + Denon 1910 + cables + installation

what is your sense on the price quoted?

thanks

Last edited:
Y do people forget about the Good Great speakers...

Q Acoustics....1000 & 2000 Series...

Kindly audition the Q Acoustics in Mumbai :

Denon - 1910 - Rs.45,000

Q Acoustics :
2050 - Rs.42,000
2010 - Rs.13,000
2070s - Rs.24,000
2000c - Rs.13000
(The above are the new Q 2000 prices for Black / Walnut Matte Finishes)
(The Black / White Gloss Finishes are 10% higher)

QED :
Performance Subwoofer Cable - 5mtrs - Rs.2,500
Classic 79 Strands - 60mtrs - Rs.5,400

Alphason Cables : (From same company of QED)
HDMI - 3mtrs - Rs.3,000

Total MRP is approx : Rs.1,47,900

You can bargain in for discount...

I think it will be very near to your budget and full on your requirements...
And you will get probably a good setup...atleast much better than Dali Concept Series...

You can call Mr. Marc Joseph, the Sales Manager, for Armour India, on
+91 9821499236.

Demo the same and feel the difference...

Thanks Mridul.

I am going for the Dali Ikon 6 FS; dali concept 6 was my earlier choice - i am not going for it anymore. Would you still advice me to go QA instead of Ikon 6.

No Buddy...

Q Acoustics is better than Dali Concept Series...

But Dali - IKON series, beats the Q Acoustics...

Dali-Concept & Q Acoustics falls in the same range...where Q Acoustics takes the edge...

Dali-Ikon, falls in a superior range compared to quality and price...So will not compare the same with Q Acoustics...

In any case if you just wanna have a demo, than you can contact the above mentioned person...

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back