Denon X3700H@91k or Marantz SR6015@1L?

One more (unrelated) question:

Is there any way to get the Atmos demo disc content Dolby supplies to dealers? Looking at lossless versions only.

I would try to get a denon 3600h and use the saved money for something else. 3600h is future proof enough and is really high on value especially if you can get a used one. I picked up mine for 60k and it was 3 months old fee months back

I would try to get a denon 3600h and use the saved money for something else. 3600h is future proof enough and is really high on value especially if you can get a used one. I picked up mine for 60k and it was 3 months old fee months back
was it a new piece with bill and warrranty? even national distributor were not selling 3600h for 60k in clearance sale. From where did you got al that price?

The Denon 3500h was reviewed well by ASR, when they dissed even the Marantz 8015. No reason the 3600 will be any different.

Edit: they reviewed the 3600 too.

One more (unrelated) question:

Is there any way to get the Atmos demo disc content Dolby supplies to dealers? Looking at lossless versions only.
There are discs being sold on ebay..Buyer beware though..

Hello everyone. Due to a variety of factors, the availability of AVRs in the market has been a problem for the last couple of months. Dealer margins also seem to have shrunk.

I'm getting the two options mentioned above. My usage is mainly movies and TV shows, and hardly any music. Safe to assume that paying a 9k premium for the Marantz isn't worth it?

Also, do the prices look decent?
Hi.. Did you go ahead with your purchase? From where did you get these prices?

Sale is ON, do have a look -

The MRP of the Denon AVR x3700H is $1300/- and the MRP of the Marantz SR6015 is $1700.
You are just paying 2k more for the Marantz which is &400 more. So I believe its worth lot more than that what you pay for compared to the Denon.
Definitely the Marantz has superior components event though the basic architecture is same.
Go for the Marantz. My opinion.

The MRP of the Denon AVR x3700H is $1300/- and the MRP of the Marantz SR6015 is $1700.
You are just paying 2k more for the Marantz which is &400 more. So I believe its worth lot more than that what you pay for compared to the Denon.
Definitely the Marantz has superior components event though the basic architecture is same.
Go for the Marantz. My opinion.
Honestly marantz has worse engineering than denon in most of their avrs. Denon is objectivity well engineered. Marantz has tons of distortion which for many subjectively sounds better. But if you want to get closer to what the creators intended then denon is even better than amps like anthem , arcam and so on. X3700H is a no brainer. Even the 3600H is an excellent amp

But if you want to get closer to what the creators intended then denon is even better than amps like anthem , arcam and so on. X3700H is a no brainer. Even the 3600H is an excellent amp
I agree with what you mentioned about Marantz, its Hdam is hyped which to be honest is nothing but a gimmick.

But i disagree with what you are saying that Denon have better amps in them compare to Anthem & Arcam.
I have had avrs from all the brands you mentioned, yes Denon is good but its no comparison to Anthem & Arcam.

Denon/Maranntz is all about adding many channel/amps in a small chassis, they add 9-11 channels in chassis initially designed for 5 channel amps. One of the reason's they run so hot. They sacrifice quality of the amps for more numbers.

Anthem & Arcam concentrate more on quality then adding more channel/amps in their avrs.
You should demo the Anthem/Arcam avrs & then you will know what i am saying.

Cheers.

I agree with what you mentioned about Marantz, its Hdam is hyped which to be honest is nothing but a gimmick.

But i disagree with what you are saying that Denon have better amps in them compare to Anthem & Arcam.
I have had avrs from all the brands you mentioned, yes Denon is good but its no comparison to Anthem & Arcam.

Denon/Maranntz is all about adding many channel/amps in a small chassis, they add 9-11 channels in chassis initially designed for 5 channel amps. One of the reason's they run so hot. They sacrifice quality of the amps for more numbers.

Anthem & Arcam concentrate more on quality then adding more channel/amps in their avrs.

Cheers.

I never had the opportunity to demo/listen to either Anthem or Arcam, curious to know from a movie perspective what actually changes with the either of these two in comparison with Denon ?

Cheers.
But asr measurements, says anthems arcams and denons are in the same league and in some cases denons are better. Except for power outputs I see no advantage going higher tiers.

At shows I have listened to anthems tied to very high end speakers and they sounded good. But then I have never listened the same speakers with a denon. And if I go to a showroom none of the demo rooms have a switch to switch between these two to judge them correctly. Unless I have the luxury of having both connected to the same set of speakers and listen at exactly the same loudness level, it's hard to judge.

But asr measurements, says anthems arcams and denons are in the same league and in some cases denons are better. Except for power outputs I see no advantage going higher tiers.

At shows I have listened to anthems tied to very high end speakers and they sounded good. But then I have never listened the same speakers with a denon. And if I go to a showroom none of the demo rooms have a switch to switch between these two to judge them correctly. Unless I have the luxury of having both connected to the same set of speakers and listen at exactly the same loudness level, it's hard to judge.
In this case I agree, how does one compare AVR's subjectively, while listening to a movie sounds, especially a movie that has a lot of special effects, which is what most demo's showcase. Did any one hear a "grenade explode" in real life to understand whether Rcvr. "A" is better than Rcvr"B" in reproducing that sound? Or a car crash? or a laser weapon? or even one guy kick another guy? These are all foley (or fooley as I would call them) effects which is just BS not the real thing. So best way to compare AVR's is by objective measurements from sites like ASR (I even doubt that site because the owner who is a dealer for JBL/Revel etc always finds those products superior to every other product in the similar price range - but at-least he does some measurement).
Ok, if one wants to use an AVR for music listening, then an entirely different set of subjective parameters come into play like human voice or musical instruments, but for strictly movie watching this is not an important factor imo and it is better to rely on measured specs.
Cheers,
Sid

Actually asr measures the implementation in the Digital domain and in most cases these distortion is not in the audible range. Further there is no doubt that the anthem arcam etc use better components (you can compare the receivers side by side). As far as sound goes it is of course subjective and one may take a call based on the sound which has to be experienced.

audition both with ur favourite movie and audio track and decide ,do not worry too much about reviews

In this case I agree, how does one compare AVR's subjectively, while listening to a movie sounds, especially a movie that has a lot of special effects, which is what most demo's showcase. Did any one hear a "grenade explode" in real life to understand whether Rcvr. "A" is better than Rcvr"B" in reproducing that sound? Or a car crash? or a laser weapon? or even one guy kick another guy? These are all foley (or fooley as I would call them) effects which is just BS not the real thing. So best way to compare AVR's is by objective measurements from sites like ASR (I even doubt that site because the owner who is a dealer for JBL/Revel etc always finds those products superior to every other product in the similar price range - but at-least he does some measurement).
Ok, if one wants to use an AVR for music listening, then an entirely different set of subjective parameters come into play like human voice or musical instruments, but for strictly movie watching this is not an important factor imo and it is better to rely on measured specs.
Cheers,
Sid
Yeah.. slight bias is sure.. but he has complains for the synthesis processor for example.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back