DIY Raspberry pi 4 + DAC + Android = Tidal, Spotify & Apple Music

I have allo digione i2s hat on rasperberry pi, I want to install lineage os and use i2s with spdif out . I have audiolab 6000a integrated amp with internal DAC. I will use tv as display from hdmi on raspberry pi. Will this work? My worry is hdmi will have sound out instead of sound from i2s to spdif.?
I want to know detail about I2S SPDIF Hat. Which one you use, did you get I2S output?

Hi, anyone has built a PI streamer with Infrared remote support
I am using the ehome usb IR and rc6 remote with lirc (attached image of the IR receiver below). You just have to install lirc

After that modified /etc/lircd.conf.d/devinput.lircd.conf
and created /home/pi/.lircrc file to map buttons on the remote to pause, play, volume up, volume down etc
The file can be seen here https://github.com/mbhangui/pistop/blob/master/example_config/client/home/pi/.lircrc

I have built my own distribution over 64 bit Rasbian for raspberry PI devices, allo usbridge, debian 9 32 bit for sparky, 32 bit Ubuntu for Banana PIs, Fedora and openSUSE tumbleweed on x86_64 intel/amd systems. The remote control helps me to pause, play, change main volume, change subwoofer volume (using allo's Piano 2.1 sound card). Every song I play, the play time, play counts are recorded. I also rate the songs using the 0 - 9 buttons on the remote. If I hear a song multiple times in a short interval of time, I increase the song's Karma. If I skip a song, I decrease it's karma. Over a period of 4 years I have built a database and now my raspberry pi, banana pi's player auto generate playlists of songs that I love to listen. I have open sourced the software to do this here

The mpdev daemon also scrobbles my tracks to last.fm and libre.fm as can be seen here https://www.last.fm/user/mbhangui

and rest of the stuff that deals with maintaining and controlling all my players here

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
He means I2C and not I2S. https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/raspberry-pi-spi-and-i2c-tutorial/all. Allo digione card uses I2c and gives SPDIF out through bnc and coaxial connectors
I was wrong about this. Apparently digone also uses I2S.
Allo representative Iaon B. introduces the DigiOne’s circuit thusly: “It uses a completely different layout and components” to Allo’s USBridge HAT. “Basically DigiOne is a I2S to S/PDIF stream…then an isolator…then a re-clocker with buffered outputs.”

Via email, Iaon B. elaborates: “We took a Raspberry Pi I2S signal, we made a S/PDIF stream, we then pass it through a galvanic isolator IC and on the other side we re-clock the S/PDIF stream with a very clean clock. In the end, we arrived at an output of less than 1ps of jitter and noise under 10uV….”. – the latter specification considerably less than the 50uV reported by the DigiOne’s product page.

Yes, this will work.
Before getting the raspberry pi display, I was using the my temporary TV as the display, controlling it with Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. You will need something similar to replace the touch.
Linage OS has a option in its settings to change audio output like this:
View attachment 61901

What you can also do is temporary use a spare micro SD card to test instead of using the main one in raspberry
Hi Amrut,
I have completed and got the apple music running, but unfortunately there is no option to select Allo digione as audio output. Only Hifiberry dac's are available for selection.
How you got IQ dac to work, which is not listed in dac list.
I could use some help here. Thanks.

Hi Amrut,
I have completed and got the apple music running, but unfortunately there is no option to select Allo digione as audio output. Only Hifiberry dac's are available for selection.
How you got IQ dac to work, which is not listed in dac list.
I could use some help here. Thanks.

You need to select the Hifiberry DAC option and from adp shell install the IQ DAC.
There's a line under 'Audio DAC' section in /boot/config.txt that you need to modify to load the driver for your audio DAC if you're using something other than Hifiberry DAC+.

There's a script you need to run to change the audio device and enable the driver for DAC.
Code:
su
rpi4-audio-dac.sh

Then you still need to manually edit the line in /boot/config.txt to change hifiberry-dacplus -> allo-boss-dac-pcm512x-audio or IQ audio dac which is supported on kernal.

If you have trouble after this check 'dmesg' output that the driver for DAC is loaded you can see it listed as ALSA device.

Well the newer builds are much easier and have x64 support.

Install OS on SD card,
Install google packages,
Change config txt to DAC you use.

Done, I just updated to x64 yesterday. Took less than half an hour.

Sure other OSes are better at setting up, but once this is setup is very competent.

Hi Amrut, (and all - this is my first post)

I am about to try Lineage 18.1 with a Raspberry p4 and an external USB DAC stream apple music, could you please clarify for me post 32, as it seems to show how to change bit rate from 44.1 to 48?
I understood that we dont want Lineage to change anything, rather just bit perfect output of the source file, which now with apple music is 24/192?

Back