DIY speaker

MAYHEM_METAL

Hi

I planning a new 3 way speaker with 12" woofer, Dome Mids & Dome Tweeters all purchased from the US that includes a matching crossover suggested by a technician. :cool:
Now I require a good sturdy enclosure for the same.

I have heard that at Saki Naka Andheri there is someone who specialize in speaker enclosure. Its seems most of the other speakers manufactures orders from him as he is extremely good.

Any one of you guys can assist

Thanks

I have heard that at Saki Naka Andheri there is someone who specialize in speaker enclosure. Its seems most of the other speakers manufactures orders from him as he is extremely good.

If you want to manufactrure bulk contact the Mistrys at Telecabs in Kandivil West.
About - TELECAB INDUSTRIES

otherwise speaker box building is not really rocket science. If you use good materials - 19mm MDF is an absolute minimum and brace it well any carpenter should be able to build one.

Hi

I planning a new 3 way speaker with 12" woofer, Dome Mids & Dome Tweeters all purchased from the US that includes a matching crossover suggested by a technician. :cool:
Now I require a good sturdy enclosure for the same.

Any one of you guys can assist

Thanks

Building good quality speakers is more than putting the driver in the box and attaching an over the shelf cross-over. It takes years of research, testing and skills to get it right. I seriously doubt if you do not have the skills to do that right it will seldom sound good. The first step will be get the right skills and work over it. If you require help then PM me.

Cheers,

Building good quality speakers is more than putting the driver in the box and attaching an over the shelf cross-over. It takes years of research, testing and skills to get it right. I seriously doubt if you do not have the skills to do that right it will seldom sound good. The first step will be get the right skills and work over it. If you require help then PM me.

Cheers,
Hi

Yes I totally agree. My dad designed and made his own speaker cabinet for Home Audio and Live band. In fact I saw his work since a child and believe me no carpenters come close to the perfectionist my DAD.:) Unfortunately my dad is not in a condition to make these speaker cabinets :sad:but guide me to select the right drivers and the crossover. The enclosure is what worries me. I have the details but a carpenter has no idea how a speaker enclosure are made. Probably have to settle for a carpenter but someone who is already an expert in making speaker enclosure is always preferable.

Thanks

good show. i see no bracing there, thats a pretty large cabinet to not have any bracing. is the mid is in its own enclosure.

Here the Bass Guitar Full range Goodman speaker. Man I tested the speaker with my HiFi Amp and man the bass was unbelievable real like my bass guitar. No Speaker can ever come close to that.

Unfortunately cant compare to the clarity of my newly made HiFi speaker or my friends also newly made HiFi speaker. The HiFi speaker the bass is clear and detailed maybe not overpowering. Sound stage what can I say

Well you cant have everything :sad:

Well its Quality over Quantity ??

Last edited:
good show. i see no bracing there, thats a pretty large cabinet to not have any bracing. is the mid is in its own enclosure.

There is bracing the camera angle you cannot make out. And of course the Glass-wool has covered everything neatly. Its a Dome Mid by Dayton, Peerless Tweeter & Goldwood Woofer

Last edited:
Here the Bass Guitar Full range Goodman speaker. ??

Its a 18" driver 250 to 300W RMS. My Dad payed on for 7 year and I played on it for a another 8 year. The enclosure was in pretty bad condition due to up down.
Hence a new enclosure with a addition P Audio Bullet super tweeter in case I want to use as a PA system for a party :yahoo:

More Pic you can clearly see the bracing. The Glass wool Sheet is 25mm thick that's the reason it covers everything including the bracing. Malhotra makes only Speaker enclosure for PA system and home use. His work is good. 18mm plus double for the front.

Here pic of the drivers too

Last edited:
Nice job man. Hope it sounds as good as it looks. I am sure you will have a smile when you listen to the speakers made by you. Enjoy!!

Hi Clayton,

Neat job... could you tell me how much did the enclosures cost you ? the reason i am asking you is i am looking for some one who can build the subwoofer cabinet for me in mumbai... and possibly if we find him to be a good option / cabinet builder then may be other mumbai forum members can also think of getting the speaker cabinets built by him that we all are getting from the US in next few weeks under a group buy...

Any help from you for this will be great..

Regards,
Naren

More Pic you can clearly see the bracing. The Glass wool Sheet is 25mm thick that's the reason it covers everything including the bracing. Malhotra makes only Speaker enclosure for PA system and home use. His work is good. 18mm plus double for the front.

Here pic of the drivers too

Last edited:
Hi Hari Iyer,

Neat job... could you tell me how much did the enclosures cost you ? the reason i am asking you is i am looking for some one who can build the subwoofer cabinet for me in mumbai... and possibly if we find him to be a good option / cabinet builder then may be other mumbai forum members can also think of getting the speaker cabinets built by him that we all are getting from the US in next few weeks under a group buy...

Any help from you for this will be helpful..

Regards,
Naren

Yes anytime my friends. Yes I can give you his number go visit his factory at Asalfa. Trust me you guys will not regrets but one thing he is a bit expensive but he delivers. I am planning a SUB in the future with Peerless 12" and Dayton 250 w amp plate and the box from MALHOTRA. He only make speaker enclosure. There are few private guys who design their own speakers but they order the enclosure from here only. Trust me few of you guys visit the place and you can take my name as I told him I will put his name on the forum. PM me if you want the number. He is the best :clapping:
By the way its Clayton not Hari ;)

Thanks Clayton,

I sent you a PM... also i edited my earlier post to correct your name :)

Regards,
Naren

Yes anytime my friends. Yes I can give you his number go visit his factory at Asalfa. Trust me you guys will not regrets but one thing he is a bit expensive but he delivers. I am planning a SUB in the future with Peerless 12" and Dayton 250 w amp plate and the box from MALHOTRA. He only make speaker enclosure. There are few private guys who design their own speakers but they order the enclosure from here only. Trust me few of you guys visit the place and you can take my name as I told him I will put his name on the forum. PM me if you want the number. He is the best :clapping:
By the way its Clayton not Hari ;)

Nice job man. Hope it sounds as good as it looks. I am sure you will have a smile when you listen to the speakers made by you. Enjoy!!

Actually no speaker can really make me 100% happy. Having played in a live band, somehow all the speaker fail to what I want. I checked a lots of branded speakers bookshelves & towers and finally decided to make one.

Well Clear & smooth sound from Highs to mids to bass. Highs no complain, the Dayton Mids are a bit overpowering for vocals but man the vocalist has never sounded so clear before so I was wondering maybe I need to install a L-Pad to cut the vocals a bit. The bass is just opening up as the Goldwood driver is still stiff. This speaker has still time to break in as its still a baby.

The 18" Goodman speaker cone is so smooth like a well oiled engine thats the reason the bass is awesome.

In short it nice :indifferent14: but I hope it improves. The experts my Dad and Parts Express Technician Chris who guided me told me to be a bit patience and sound will Sound better after a month for using.

My friend too got a simliar speaker made. 42" in hight his tower (12" Peerless driver, one mid and 2 peerless tweeters) but first few days the sound was clear but too shrill. But now few months gone the sound is so well balance and Man WOW. A friend of mine Sandeep Devasthali made the same

Here the link
SMD AUDIO

Sandeep really makes auosome speakers. I didnt make from him as he was expensive but finally DIY I paid the same price. :eek: sorry Sandeep I didnt make it from you

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back