Diy speakers

krishtrinity

I am thinking of building a DIY speaker by my own,planning to get all the parts from diyaudio cart.I want a loud detailed sound that is good for both HT use and for music.Already owns a subwoofer so the only needs to go down as low as 90hz.Please post your DIY speakers with info about the drivers and crossovers,i am new to DIY speakers so any help is appreciated

hi,

I want a loud detailed sound that is good for both HT use and for music.

Go for this its all peerless drivers from diyaudiocart..done by one of our member amitpandey his link as below,even i am building the same for my HT,it covers the entire range of frequency from 80hrz and above,

For crossover and boxes diy or for custom made you can contact Mr. bijin and bibin of diyaudiocart,the only problem in diy xover is making inductors.??

http://www.hifivision.com/diy/59106-home-made-5-1-channel-speakers.html

Already owns a subwoofer so the only needs to go down as low as 90hz

your point is not clear,just clearify once again....since you have a subwoofer which can go low below 90/80 hrz,you have to aim to build speakers which covers freq above that.

thanks
r/s

Since this is your first DIY, suggest you build two subs rather than speakers first. Subs are the easiest to build! Once you build a sub then you can step up the game to floorstanders.

2 subs are usually better than one sub. Instead of spending money on that sub that you purchased recently, you should have explored going DIY subs instead. It is pretty darn easy and cheap to build in India. You can simply hire a carpenter and painter to do the work for you.

hi,

Go for this its all peerless drivers from diyaudiocart..done by one of our member amitpandey his link as below,even i am building the same for my HT,it covers the entire range of frequency from 80hrz and above,

For crossover and boxes diy or for custom made you can contact Mr. bijin and bibin of diyaudiocart,the only problem in diy xover is making inductors.??

http://www.hifivision.com/diy/59106-home-made-5-1-channel-speakers.html

your point is not clear,just clearify once again....since you have a subwoofer which can go low below 90/80 hrz,you have to aim to build speakers which covers freq above that.

thanks
r/s
From my experience,i have found that its better to leave everything below 80hz to the subwoofer,correct me if I am wrong.Crossover I am buying ready made from diyaudio cart.Thank you for the detailed information and the link,as for the box I will contact the people at diyaudiocart

Since this is your first DIY, suggest you build two subs rather than speakers first. Subs are the easiest to build! Once you build a sub then you can step up the game to floorstanders.

2 subs are usually better than one sub. Instead of spending money on that sub that you purchased recently, you should have explored going DIY subs instead. It is pretty darn easy and cheap to build in India. You can simply hire a carpenter and painter to do the work for you.
Will definitely love to build a DIY subwoofer.Building a powered subwoofer is easier than a passive speaker?the plate amps are also way overpriced last time i checked.Can you send the links of the parts from where you purchased?..did you do a DIY subwoofer if so,can you the details of the sub?

Will definitely love to build a DIY subwoofer.Building a powered subwoofer is easier than a passive speaker?the plate amps are also way overpriced last time i checked.Can you send the links of the parts from where you purchased?..did you do a DIY subwoofer if so,can you the details of the sub?
I built three passive subs, using two and one is lying around. I used a Crown XLS 1500 to power them, it cost me around 25K. The drivers i used are Infinity 1260w which are no longer available.
1260w are basically car drivers, but they had been tried and tested and recommended for music, hence i went with them. Car drivers are usually a bad choice for home subs, this was a rare exception.
If you do go DIY, then dayton subwoofer drivers would be a great choice. Check out the forum here, recently someone built a dayton sub.

hi krishtrinity,

For subwoofer you can build one with peerless 12inch sub available with diyaudiocart price is much reasonable compared to dayton (rs. 3275/-),and the performance is outstanding,see my thread for the build i have done myself powered by matching 250W forti plate amplifier got it from varsha electronics mumbai for rs. 6500/-

link for subwoofer
Peerless Fabrikkerne (I) Ltd - 12" Sub-Woofer

many of our hifi members have done the above project here few links

http://www.hifivision.com/diy/22681-diy-sub-using-peerless-driver-available-locally-2.html#post317859

http://www.hifivision.com/diy/27432-group-diy-sub-build-peerless-driver-forte-200-watts-amp.html

thanks
r/s

hi,
One more thing never mix and match 2 subwoofers of different make,always both should be identical to get uniform low freq from all around the room or else there will be imbalance in low frequency.

When the subs are identical . the subs play the same frequencies at the same speed with the same output. so integration would be seamless.*

2 subs are always better than one no doubt,but if you are happy with your sub then why venture for another,the 2nd sub will only correct the room modes i.e (null and peak in the room),and the loudness will not exceed more then 3 db.

If you are not happy with your existing sub then discard it and go with the peerless sub which is meant for home and dont go for car sub they dont sound great in a room..

thanks
r/s

hi krishtrinity,

For subwoofer you can build one with peerless 12inch sub available with diyaudiocart price is much reasonable compared to dayton (rs. 3275/-),and the performance is outstanding,see my thread for the build i have done myself powered by matching 250W forti plate amplifier got it from varsha electronics mumbai for rs. 6500/-

link for subwoofer
Peerless Fabrikkerne (I) Ltd - 12" Sub-Woofer

many of our hifi members have done the above project here few links

http://www.hifivision.com/diy/22681-diy-sub-using-peerless-driver-available-locally-2.html#post317859

http://www.hifivision.com/diy/27432-group-diy-sub-build-peerless-driver-forte-200-watts-amp.html

thanks
r/s
How is the quality of the subwoofer you built,i am not looking for boomy bass but detailed punchy bass.Heard of that peerless woofer before,seems like the goto driver for budget DIY subwoofers.The plate amp from Varsha electronics,does it have good quality?Really looking forward to building this subwoofer,even if my current subwoofer is not a match with DIY sub I will use my sw10 with my PC so no worries.Thanks for all the info,you have given me enough confidence to build the sub on my own.Box measurements I am using the diagram given in one of the links you send.One more thing,plate amp you ordered is it available online,can you send the link?

Thanks

One more thing,saw that you used fiberglass wool in your subwoofer.Can you tell me what is the use of that and sorry in advance if it is a stupid question?

I am thinking of building a DIY speaker by my own,planning to get all the parts from diyaudio cart.I want a loud detailed sound that is good for both HT use and for music.Already owns a subwoofer so the only needs to go down as low as 90hz.Please post your DIY speakers with info about the drivers and crossovers,i am new to DIY speakers so any help is appreciated
If you are new and want to try something which is easy and quick then you can choose woofer and tweeter of same impedance with spl close to each other and get a readymade crossover. Measure volume of enclosure using winisd or isd online.

But if you are inclined to do some more study, research of what is available and how other diyers have made best use of available resources then you can ignore my suggestion.

NO better diy kit than this
for a beginner
major bang for buck - better most bookshelves in multiple budget ranges

X-LS Encore kit

there is one unsused kit with an FM
with the NO rez as well

How is the quality of the subwoofer you built,i am not looking for boomy bass but detailed punchy bass.Heard of that peerless woofer before,seems like the goto driver for budget DIY subwoofers.The plate amp from Varsha electronics,does it have good quality?Really looking forward to building this subwoofer,even if my current subwoofer is not a match with DIY sub I will use my sw10 with my PC so no worries.Thanks for all the info,you have given me enough confidence to build the sub on my own.Box measurements I am using the diagram given in one of the links you send.One more thing,plate amp you ordered is it available online,can you send the link?

Thanks

The quality of the sub is superb with this matching forti plate amp they are perfect match.

Punchy bass is all dependent on box design and port size/tunning and even bracing,ported box is the way to go for this driver for getting punchy bass..

The box measurement given by t.anthony in his thread suits room size of 12 to 15 feet max...whats your room size???/

Plate amplifier i am using since 1year no problem it has torodial transformer gives enough power for the sub,i use only half the vol... to drive them..

contact Mr. mayank of varsha electronics his contact number is 09821026522

thanks

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back