Dubai HFV (Mini) Meet & Marantz CD 6003 vs. Emotiva ERC-1 CD Player Shootout

thekinge

Hi All,

In a first of sorts, we are going to have a (mini) HFV meet-up outside of India, in Dubai. Venkatcr & I will be meeting tomorrow and the main purpose of this meeting will be to compare the performance of two CD players - the established Marantz CD 6003 and the up & coming Emotiva ERC-1.

I look forward to meet Venkatcr in person and for the shootout:)

The results of the comparison will be posted in this thread.

-thekinge

Cool and nice
2 persons ..it cannot become smaller! ( apart from if someone having split personas ,then he can have meeting with himself!)

It should be called Micro Meet

Keep it up!

yes :clapping:!!!!!the meets are becomin um..'global' eh??!!that emotiva is a seriously sexy piece of electronics :licklips:.if the landed cost in india hadnt been so prohibitive,would have definitely got one for a dedicated cdp.have a blast guys!!cheers

It should be called Micro Meet

Keep it up!

That makes it sound tooooo small, hence the choice of mini;)

yes :clapping:!!!!!the meets are becomin um..'global' eh??!!that emotiva is a seriously sexy piece of electronics :licklips:.if the landed cost in india hadnt been so prohibitive,would have definitely got one for a dedicated cdp.have a blast guys!!cheers

Thanks rallynut. If you got an estimate for shipping the Emotiva ERC-1 to India, can you please share the estimated landed cost with me?

good luck in finding differences, I hope it will be a very tough job :)

So whatever is given up is equally good .... :D

Am I reading your mind a little too well? Are you feeling exposed and naked? ;)

Cheers

That makes it sound tooooo small, hence the choice of mini;)

Thanks rallynut. If you got an estimate for shipping the Emotiva ERC-1 to India, can you please share the estimated landed cost with me?

thekinge,remember getting a quote from emotiva for the cd player and their upa2,deleted the same a while ago,hence dont recall.best is to mail them direct.very prompt response with actuals.cheers

Hi All,

In a first of sorts, we are going to have a (mini) HFV meet-up outside of India, in Dubai. Venkatcr & I will be meeting tomorrow and the main purpose of this meeting will be to compare the performance of two CD players - the established Marantz CD 6003 and the up & coming Emotiva ERC-1.

I look forward to meet Venkatcr in person and for the shootout:)

The results of the comparison will be posted in this thread.

-thekinge

the meeting will start in a few hours from now - happy listening!

and god speed with the posting!:)

WOW! First international HFV Meet. All the best with the review and enjoy. :)
What If both CD players get equal review ?
Will there be different kind of "shootout" ?
callofjuarez6_1433513c.jpg

Guys,

The meeting is moved tomorrow due to scheduling issues. It will happen for sure tomorrow.

-thekinge

thekinge, enjoy the session, would also like to see if there is any huge diff between these two and any dvd player.

do you guys have an SPL meter? i wonder if venkat is carrying his. Level matching would be very important in a shootout like this.

I was thinking of the same, but then I am new to this hobby and do not have an SPL meter. Will check with Venkatcr if has has carried it to Dubai.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back