Elac Debut 2 B6.2

mayukh80

Hello FM’s,

I am looking forward to gift one of my family members a nice pair of bookshelf considering his love for classic rock, bare vocal music and instrumental.
Considering my budget of 40k and the good reviews of Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2, i am banking upon your inputs to proceed.

to simply your advice, he is currently using Schiit Modi 2 DAC with his laptop. Has CA640A amp and listens in a room of 15x 15 ft (approx).

Hello FM’s,

I am looking forward to gift one of my family members a nice pair of bookshelf considering his love for classic rock, bare vocal music and instrumental.
Considering my budget of 40k and the good reviews of Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2, i am banking upon your inputs to proceed.

to simply your advice, he is currently using Schiit Modi 2 DAC with his laptop. Has CA640A amp and listens in a room of 15x 15 ft (approx).
Elac debut is a good choice.
You can also consider JBL stage speakers.

Hello FM’s,

With that amp, I wouldn't pair the elac. As suggested above look at more efficient speakers from QA, Dali or Polk. Polk rti A3 are quite good overall.

MaSh

Hello FM’s,

With that amp, I wouldn't pair the elac. As suggested above look at more efficient speakers from QA, Dali or Polk. Polk rti A3 are quite good overall.

MaSh
Would you please help me understand what are the limitations!
Is it the amp or the speakers?

Would you please help me understand what are the limitations!
Is it the amp or the speakers?
Those are excellent speakers but would really shine with a beefier amp. Not that they will sound bad, just not to their potential in my opinion.

MaSh

Yes, Elac Debut B6.2 are good speakers but need as an amp with lots of drive as @MaSh has mentioned. With CA 640, QAcoustics 3030i or KEF Q150 or JBL Stage A130 or PSB Alpha P5 might be some options for consideration.

Yes, Elac Debut B6.2 are good speakers but need as an amp with lots of drive as @MaSh has mentioned. With CA 640, QAcoustics 3030i or KEF Q150 or JBL Stage A130 or PSB Alpha P5 might be some options for consideration.
would 100 W/ 8 ohm RMS be sufficient to drive them?

Hello FM’s,

Also consider the Mission QX2. They are available for a steal of a deal at 27k on hifimart

I have a pair of them in my gaming / video system. They are quite nice and balanced sounding speakers. Very high VFM. I am surprised at the quality of sound at that price level. Need good stands though. I agree that it needs power. I am driving them with a 1509 avr and I realize that with some movies, I have to turn the volume to 75 % to fill a medium size room. A stereo amp with good power supply design and 60 to 70 watts per channel is needed.

I have a pair of them in my gaming / video system. They are quite nice and balanced sounding speakers. Very high VFM. I am surprised at the quality of sound at that price level. Need good stands though. I agree that it needs power. I am driving them with a 1509 avr and I realize that with some movies, I have to turn the volume to 75 % to fill a medium size room. A stereo amp with good power supply design and 60 to 70 watts per channel is needed.

Mission or elac?

I have RN803. It is a real VFM stereo receiver with good musicality and ample power. But don't buy it if you plan to use Tone Controls (onboard DSP) or YPAO room correction. Apparently Yamaha (by their own admission) used a poor quality ADC and DSP chips for the receiver. But that should not affect sound quality if you use it in Pure Direct mode. I always keep it in PureDirect mode and never had any reason to use the onboard DSP. The Streamer, DAC and Amp sections are solid though.

I haven't heard Elac's with Yamaha but I think it would be a good match. RN803 is probably the most musical and powerful integrated stereo amp with builtin streamer you can buy at this price. Models from other established players like Marantz may be more musical but you won't get more than 30 or 40 watts in the same price range, which may not be enough for Elacs.

Other option could be a Class A/B multi channel AV Receiver from Pioneer Elite. The Elite VSX-LX302/303/304 are not far behind the Yamaha in terms of musicality. And they have lot more grunt than a typical 100RMS stereo receiver as they have much more headroom due to them being multichannel receivers with bigger power supply. Even LX504 is a Class A/B design. One thing about Pioneer receiver that impressed me the most is their ability to create excellent soundstage and imaging which the Yamaha can't match.

Both Yamaha and Pioneer Elite support DLNA/UPnP. That makes streaming Spotify/Tidal/Qobuz from your mobile to receiver an easy affair.

Last edited:
Though the Elac Debut series speakers can play better with high power amps, it is not designed to be played with expensive or high power amps, considering its price range.
I heard the Elac Debut 1 speakers and loved it for vocals. Most of the reviewers say that the Debut v-2 is even more balanced and has better high against the rolled off highs of the debut-1 and the bass is little less compared to the Debut1. Over all, I would consider the Debu-2 speakers among the others in this price range.
But, Taste vary so audition all the above speakers if possible.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back