FALD Tv price/quote thread

I used to think the same. But it does make a good difference.
Will you choose a sony x950G over Q80R which has better contrast,color gamut,color volume,wide viewing angles,lower input lag,better reflection handling.Just because sony has Dolby vision.which is choppy in the first place?

Dolby vision can provide better PQ if all the other factors are equal.Also It has the potential but it is constrained due to current limitations of tv.So may be in future when we will have 12 bits tv with 10000Nits peak brightness then we can see a substantial difference.

check the video below.

Will you choose a sony x950G over Q80R which has better contrast,color gamut,color volume,wide viewing angles,lower input lag,better reflection handling.Just because sony has Dolby vision.which is choppy in the first place?

Dolby vision can provide better PQ if all the other factors are equal.Also It has the potential but it is constrained due to current limitations of tv.So may be in future when we will have 12 bits tv with 10000Nits peak brightness then we can see a substantial difference.

check the video below.

I did see that video, but still I was not able to convince myself to spend that much on a TV and then not having the second most popular (and getting more and more content every month) HDR format. Which is why I went for C9 even tough I was getting Q80R for much cheaper than C9.

I don't regret my decision even one bit.

check the video below.

Q80r is a good tv and better than x950g in some areas but the price difference of 70k for 65 inch between x95g nd q80r is just too much to ignore at the moment.If one can wait then X950h is worth the wait as it is better than q80r and equivalent to 90t and would cost lessor than both. Better colour gamut, equivalent if not better black levels, better sound system and minimalistic design on that wide stand makes it worth to keep it atleast as an option before buying. Also support for dolby vision and well known sonys motion handling makes it a good contender. If one has to buy at this moment, x950g is a better vfm. If one is leaping towards q80r then put some extra money and get q90t which has exceptional contrast/ local dimming and is actually bright enough for HDR, probably best led tv of 2020.

Last edited:
I did see that video, but still I was not able to convince myself to spend that much on a TV and then not having the second most popular (and getting more and more content every month) HDR format. Which is why I went for C9 even tough I was getting Q80R for much cheaper than C9.

I don't regret my decision even one bit.
Well why will you regret.C9 is the best tv IMO.what was the price difference you were getting between C9 and Q80R.I thought both are similarly priced with10-15K difference.

Dolby Vision Certification has no meaning.Any tv can get it for 3 dollars.A 40,000 Nokia tv with 1200 contrast and 400Nits brightness is dolby vision certified. Will it going to perform better than something like Frame tv surely no.

Q80r is a good tv and better than x950g in some areas but the price difference of 70k for 65 inch between x95g nd q80r is just too much to ignore at the moment
Well I was making a limited point about Dolby Vision that it should not be the ultimate deciding factor.some user mentioned that he is getting both X950G and Q80R are for the same price and i have mentioned that you should not discard Q80R because it does not have Dolby vision.

I agree with you sony is better deal now.No one should pay premium for q80r.as both tvs are similar.

Q80r is a good tv and better than x950g in some areas but the price difference of 70k for 65 inch between x95g nd q80r is just too much to ignore at the moment.If one can wait then X950h is worth the wait as it is better than q80r and equivalent to 90t and would cost lessor than both. Better colour gamut, equivalent if not better black levels, better sound system and minimalistic design on that wide stand makes it worth to keep it atleast as an option before buying. Also support for dolby vision and well known sonys motion handling makes it a good contender. If one has to buy at this moment, x950g is a better vfm. If one is leaping towards q80r then put some extra money and get q90t which has exceptional contrast/ local dimming and is actually bright enough for HDR, probably best led tv of 2020.
X950H checks most of the boxes for best TV watching experience. Not having HDMI 2.1 is a bummer though.
It's safe to say that x950H gonna be a better choice in india over q80t or q95T considering the Samsung pricing.
But still sony should rethink on pricing their LEDs against LG OLEDs.. it should be atleast 30k cheaper.
But sony is one stubborn and cocky company.

Well why will you regret.C9 is the best tv IMO.what was the price difference you were getting between C9 and Q80R.I thought both are similarly priced with10-15K difference.

Dolby Vision Certification has no meaning.Any tv can get it for 3 dollars.A 40,000 Nokia tv with 1200 contrast and 400Nits brightness is dolby vision certified. Will it going to perform better than something like Frame tv surely no.

Well I was making a limited point about Dolby Vision that it should not be the ultimate deciding factor.some user mentioned that he is getting both X950G and Q80R are for the same price and i have mentioned that you should not discard Q80R because it does not have Dolby vision.

I agree with you sony is better deal now.No one should pay premium for q80r.as both tvs are similar.
I was not worried about dolby vision certification. But even with the TV being more than capable of playing DV content, if it is not able to play it due to some stupid decision making of the manufacturer, then I would rather go with a tv which CAN do that.i was getting 65Q80R For around 1.7k via some corporate deal.

X950H checks most of the boxes for best TV watching experience. Not having HDMI 2.1 is a bummer though.
It's safe to say that x950H gonna be a better choice in india over q80t or q95T considering the Samsung pricing.
But still sony should rethink on pricing their LEDs against LG OLEDs.. it should be atleast 30k cheaper.
But sony is one stubborn and cocky company.
Talking about pricing. 2018 model 55X9000F is being retailed at 1.17 lacs . I understand Cloudtail is the retailer, but still ridiculous pricing considering this TV won't be available offline.

I am pretty confused between X9500G and X9000H. At the moment, I am leaning towards X9500G. My consumption will be 50% gaming and 50% Netflix/Prime, so I hit a couple of stores in Bangalore and not a single store is ready to budge below 1,11,590/- for X9500G. They aren't even offering any discounts/offer on this TV. Do you think the stocks for X9500G might last till Diwali?

I am pretty confused between X9500G and X9000H. At the moment, I am leaning towards X9500G. My consumption will be 50% gaming and 50% Netflix/Prime, so I hit a couple of stores in Bangalore and not a single store is ready to budge below 1,11,590/- for X9500G. They aren't even offering any discounts/offer on this TV. Do you think the stocks for X9500G might last till Diwali?
It will last becoz Sony is still manufacturing these, any quote for 65"?

On PC or console? If playing on PC or esports is a usecase go for x900h. Otherwise I doubt any non competitive game is going to target 120fps 4k. If you are not getting discount for x950g wait for diwali, you should atleast get card cashbacks, if x950g is out of stock you should atleast get x900h below 1 lakh. But if you are kinda ok with the price of 1.1lakhs call around multiple sony centers and show readiness in buying, might drop down a couple of grands.

wait till diwali.If x950G is out of stock then you will get X950H which will be around 1.15-1.2.with cashback and other offers.X950H is a better TV than 950G.

wait till diwali.If x950G is out of stock then you will get X950H which will be around 1.15-1.2.with cashback and other offers.X950H is a better TV than 950G.
That's in spitting distance of the expected price for CX / BX.
Why not just get that at that point?

That's in spitting distance of the expected price for CX / BX.
Why not just get that at that point?

I have always wanted to buy CX but yesterday the store guy quoted 1.59L for the same. This is the first time I am spending such a large amount of money on electronics hence I am scared about the burn-in issue plus it is way over the budget. I would want the TV to last at least 5-6 years

It will last becoz Sony is still manufacturing these, any quote for 65"?

It was 1.5XL for the 65 Inch. This quote was from Phoenix mall, Whitefield.

Considering a 55" TV around 1L (final price, not MRP) - to be bought during the upcoming festive season. Is Sony X8500G the best option or does a Samsung TU8570 compete well with X8500G? Any other models in this range - Samsung Q70T/Q80T - are they in this price range?

I would prefer having eARC, not worried about the gaming features. Would like to buy either Sony or Samsung pls. Thanks for your help.

Considering a 55" TV around 1L (final price, not MRP) - to be bought during the upcoming festive season. Is Sony X8500G the best option or does a Samsung TU8570 compete well with X8500G? Any other models in this range - Samsung Q70T/Q80T - are they in this price range?

I would prefer having eARC, not worried about the gaming features. Would like to buy either Sony or Samsung pls. Thanks for your help.

You can get the 9500G for around 1 lac. If not possible, Q80R is also available for 1.1 lac.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back