Fans of Television Series

Currently, after my entire family being tested positive for Covid-19, there has been no motivation to watch anything. But since being quarantined with your 11 year old means to watch something that he can just glance and watch, I started with Meat Eater (NF) and Deadliest Catch (Discovery). Both hunting reality shows, one being on the ground and the other in the most treacherous Bering Sea. Deadliest Catch has me hooked. So much so, that I am "saving" a few seasons to watch later and savor it.

I hope you all are okay. Please be safe. Get medical help the moment you think you are not well. Hoping that it doesn't happen to you (Kuch nahi hota mereko) may worsen it further. Early detection is the key. Virus does not discriminate. All those you are well, Thank the Lord, wear masks, sanitize, and maintain social distancing.

Peace -|- v

Currently, after my entire family being tested positive for Covid-19, there has been no motivation to watch anything. But since being quarantined with your 11 year old means to watch something that he can just glance and watch, I started with Meat Eater (NF) and Deadliest Catch (Discovery). Both hunting reality shows, one being on the ground and the other in the most treacherous Bering Sea. Deadliest Catch has me hooked. So much so, that I am "saving" a few seasons to watch later and savor it.

I hope you all are okay. Please be safe. Get medical help the moment you think you are not well. Hoping that it doesn't happen to you (Kuch nahi hota mereko) may worsen it further. Early detection is the key. Virus does not discriminate. All those you are well, Thank the Lord, wear masks, sanitize, and maintain social distancing.

Peace -|- v
Sorry to hear that. Hope you and family recover soon.
I got my second Covaxin dose last week after a 3 hour wait, still I wear a mask everywhere except when with closest family. Hope the vaccine works. Stay home, stay safe all FMs

I got my second Covaxin dose last week after a 3 hour wait, still I wear a mask everywhere except when with closest family. Hope the vaccine works. Stay home, stay safe all FMs
The vaccination will not prevent you from getting COVID. It can only prevent possibly from getting any severe complications. So wearing mask and hand sanitising continues to be a pre-requisite. So please don’t stop wearing a mask as you may contract and pass it on to others. Stay safe and healthy .

The vaccination will not prevent you from getting COVID. It can only prevent possibly from getting any severe complications. So wearing mask and hand sanitising continues to be a pre-requisite. So please don’t stop wearing a mask as you may contract and pass it on to others. Stay safe and healthy .
Exactly. I do both - wear mask interacting with outsiders, maintain social distancing and 'hand sanitise' every time I touch something others could have touched. Better safe than sorry. Let us all beat this.

Exactly. I do both - wear mask interacting with outsiders, maintain social distancing and 'hand sanitise' every time I touch something others could have touched. Better safe than sorry. Let us all beat this.
The problem is like a- No matter how safe and good a driver you are, you don't know how the other person drives. And in India, so far, its the same thing - I have taken the vaccine, so no masks, no social distancing and no personal hygiene (sanitization), that's the thought. I have seen folks who do not show the symptoms, roaming as if they are immune, not respecting personal boundaries, not understanding the severity, not disclosing their symptoms honestly - phew! . They have no regards to their, others' safety and no respect for rules and regulations. And this is the reason we are where we are today. I am from a medical family and I have seen people ready to do *WHATEVER* they can for the medicines and an O2 bed. I have seen first hand many Covid deaths, I have been a witness to doctors unwillingly playing 'gods', break down mentally, physcially and emotionally when they see people dying like a horror movie, medicines being black marketed and what not.

I.Am.Scared :(:(

Thanks Ravi. Appreciate it. We all need all the best wishes and prayers that we all can offer for each other. Its a time we all need to fight together.

Stories by Rabindranath Tagore ( Netflix) I'm sure most of you would’ve watched this series which started in 2015.
The reason why I'm posting this now is that it's available on Netflix only till this month-end.
Hope some of you will find this useful.
Brilliant direction by Anurag Basu and team, superb casting, camera work, etc.

Bitter Daisies S2 (NF) - Picks up from where it left off. A police officer Eva, reaches a remote Galician town (Argentina? Spain??) to investigate the disappearance of a teenage girl. She soon realizes that it is linked to her own tragic loss. She uncovers a deep, dark, horrifying secret of this town along with a local cop. Things end with the guilty punished and with a revelation that a even larger conspiracy is yet to be revealed. Season 2 kicks off with Eva, investigating this larger conspiracy and ends in solving that as well. I am sure there is a third season knowing how the second ended. The series is woven tight in bits and pieces, sometimes letting the viewer guess things for themselves. Don't expect Hollywood level treatment. No skin, hour-glass shaped beauties, no extravagant chases, in fact Eva looks like a simple girl-next-door with average looks, sometimes lost and rumpled appearance, but yet heady and strong. Its one of those which you either like to watch both seasons or just stop watching after first few hours.

Night Stalker - Limited Series (NF) - While we, the fans of true crime genre, have seen documentaries on Ted Bundy, Gacy, Jack The Ripper, The Zodiac, Manson, etc, there is a very little or nothing made on Richard Ramirez. I have watched a lot of True Crime documentaries on serial killers(the concept of Mindhunter), but this is the first I saw on Ramirez, a prolific serial killer in LA, CA. He was one of the most notorious and fear-inducing guy for whom only sex, whether it is with 80 yr old women, or 6 year old children - boys included - and killings mattered. Knife, Guns, Clubs etc. anything goes as long as it tortures and kills. The series takes a deep dive in these torturous killings and how the cops Frank Salerno and Gil Carillo relentlessly did all they could, to catch him. Richard, for me, is one of the few killers who scares me. Picture this - he kidnaps a 6 year old girl Anastasia Hronas from her bedroom, zips her into a duffel bag and only lets her out to repeatedly sexually assault her. Hronas says “I remember saying: ‘Stop, this hurts.’ Something in the way that he would look at me, it was almost like: ‘I’m sorry that I’m doing this to you. But I’m not sorry, ’cause I’m not gonna stop.’” 6 year old!!! Richard escaped being caught couple of times purely due to luck and police's inter-departmental egos and incompetency. Thankfully, caught later and dead now, this is a must watch if you like True Crime.

Why Did You Kill Me? - Limited Series (NF) - Having read something positive about this series, I and the Mrs gave it a go. Its nothing spectacular. Its about the relentless efforts of a sister and a mother to bring the killers of Crystal Theobald to justice. Which they finally do. I liked the presentation and it brings forth the dangers faced by a drug laden neighborhood. Okay to watch.

Ed Gein- The Real Psycho (Discovery) - Well, Psycho, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Bates Motel, Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, are few movies and serials based on this guy -Ed Gein along with a lot more. This particular series is mixed with some paranormal investigation, but it gives a glimpse of what a monster this man was! Gein was caught as he was the POI in a local hardware dealer's murder, as he was the last person seen with her. When police visited his farm, they found her body. She had been fatally shot and decapitated. Searches of his home and property showed that he had systematically robbed graves and collected body parts, which he used to make household items, clothing, and masks. If you watch this, keep an open mind as a lot of paranormal stuff reveals the exact motivation behind his killings. I, personally, could not find it in me to believe the paranormal stuff. Watch it and let me know :)

The Grim Sleeper (Discovery) - Did not kill for 14 years and started again - hence the "Sleeper". But I am not sure if this is true. Lonnie Franklin Jr, is the guy. A car mechanic, killed officially more than 25 women over 20 years and dumped them in the alleys and bylanes. That's the official number. Unofficially it could be more. The surprising thing is that this guy evaded arrest for a such a long time. And even after knowing an easily identifiable car he drove (An Orange Ford Pinto with racing stripes) he was never caught the "usual" way. There was one survivor too. His friends saw things but never suspected. But its the 80's and the overworked law enforcement couldn't catch him. It took one novel DNA procedure to catch him finally. What bugs me is that he never said anything about the killings - the whens, whys, hows. He's dead now, but the magnitude of his killings and the number and most importantly the reason will never been known.

The Green River Killer (Discovery) - Damn these killers! 71 confessed, 49 confirmed. Gary Ridgway agreed to cooperate with the cops if he was spared the death penalty. Throughout the investigation, he is so courteous and cordial with the investigators, always saying, please, thankyou, good mornings, how are yous etc. And the matter-of-fact way he describes, takes police to the spots, kills women in the bed he sleeps - is just chilling. He was ill. Mentally. He fantasized about killing his mother, started by stabbing a kid with a knife, and killed the women by strangling them with his bare hands. He admits that he wanted to become America's most famous(infamous) serial killer and just wanted to up the numbers. He lived in a decent neighbourhood and killed women in his bedroom. He married and made love to his wife in the same bed. Wow! Repentant and religious now, he showed shades of emotion during his trial and that begs the question, did his childhood abuse play an important role in making him the second most prolific killers of America?

For All Mankind on Apple TV+: What if the Russians had got to the moon first? Missus and I really enjoyed watching this. Decent storyline and a brilliant cast. While the focus of the series is still on the human element, there's plenty of instances of jaw-dropping visuals.

Fantastic audio mix, also. Some of the imaging is uncannily realistic. A couple of the isolated overhead Atmos effects are sure to bring a grin to the faces of those who wonder occasionally about the usefulness of reasonably capable ceiling speakers. And that one sequence in Season 2...

Highly recommended!

Netflix
This small tv series nicely plotted and well scripted , very good acting. It starts with very simple plot where Mat brats with some guys in party and accidentally kills somebody. Where story keeps you gripped , it also unfolds the bigger scam behind it and how Mat gets sidelined from story. :) No more spoiler . Please give it try. Recommended!!
Just finished it last night. You beat me to the review :) It was more of Candance/Olivia for me than of Mat, till the last few seconds. Loved this version more than the book. Won't have any interest in watching the English version though :)

My Next Watch

• Who Killed Sara, Remaining Episodes of Blacklist, Behind Her Eyes, Lupin, Dark Desire, Shadow and Bone, This is Robbery- NF
  • Mare of Easttown, Nomadland, The Tattoo Murders, Out of Love(S2)- Hotstar
  • The Handmaids Tale (S4), Minari, Without Remorse, Tenet, Mumbai Saga, Them, The Salento Murders, Mr. Holmes - APV
  • Discovery of Witches, Maharani, Coyote - Sony Liv
  • 13 Mussorie, Liar, Walker- Voot

Not an exhaustive list, and not necessarily in that order :D

Watched this one on NetFlix, as one of the genre mentioned, was as Mystery..A small tv series which tells story of a Family, David as husband and Adele as wife and Louise as David's secretary. Plot is simple and plain where Husband having extra-martial affair with Louise.Typical Family drama , It takes almost 4 and half episodes out of 6 to build story and some mystery builds up at the end of 5th episode. 6th Episode has a lot to digest and process.
I felt this series was OK-ish for me, did not impress me at least.
Mystery element is there but predictable.
Watch this on your mood and risk.

Next on my list : Who Killed Sara.
Thanks for the review. Reading this, I might put this on the shelf for sometime. I am on the last 2 episodes of WKS. So far, things are just getting revealed. It took me some time to understand whos who? It moves at a rapid pace for the first few episodes. I may finish this today and hopefully share my thoughts.

Will wait for your review if it's any good.
Who Killed Sara(Netflix) : Oh Sara, Sara!! Lol. What a ride! :) The season opens with a few friends going on a boat ride. Drinking, enjoying and having fun. One of them suggests they should parasail. The owner (Rodolfo) volunteers to go first, his house-help (Elroy) dissuades him saying his mother told them not to do as she was scared. Sara volunteers. The parachute is strapped to her and up she goes!! Soon she realizes that something is not right. Amidst her, her brother's (Alex) screams from the boat below, others' laughter and the sudden speed of the boat, the straps snap and down comes Sara!! Panic stricken, parents worried, Sara is taken to the hospital but she dies. Alex, her brother is forced to take the blame in return of his ailing mother's treatment and is jailed. Nothing promised to him is given and he feels betrayed and thus plots his revenge.

Its a fast paced story, with each layer coming off episode after episode. You realize, there is more to what is being shown, a family with horrible secrets, friends with past, others playing their part too. In all this, we still don't know Who Killed Sara?

There's a second season starting Wednesday. Looking at the trailer, I am sure there are more secrets waiting to be revealed. A good watch :)

A Wilderness of Error (Disney-Hotstar): U.S. Army surgeon Captain Jeffrey MacDonald is found not guilty by an Army Court in 1970. His father-in-law, Freddie Kassab, is his staunch supporter claiming he is innocent and that the army and other law enforcement agencies messed up.

Fast Forward to 1974, a grand jury was convened. MacDonald, now a civilian, was indicted for murder the following year. He was tried, found guilty, and sentenced to three consecutive life sentences in 1979. His nemesis - His Father-In-Law, Freddie Kassab! His crime - stabbing his pregnant wife Colette along with her two daughters, 5-year-old Kristen and 2-year-old, Kimberly. At a horrific, bloodied, grisly crime scene, he was found lying face down with one arm on his wife. Stabbed superficially, he was the only person alive. Kimberly was bludgeoned and stabbed. Kristen suffered a more brutal death with 33 stab wounds and 15 ice pick wounds. He is still in prison, his new-found love and wife Kathryn MacDonald fighting relentlessly for 2 decades to get him free, still believes that he is innocent.

Of all the true crime incidents I have read, occasionally followed, watched, there are a very few that I feel need to be reinvestigated. They baffle me. I feel somewhere, someone knows the truth which may never come out and justice will be denied to the victim. One was Arushi Murder Case, the second was Elisa Lam Case ( Cecil Hotel on Netflix, my current watch) and now this! Some evidence suggests MacDonald is guilty, some do not. But its evident that Judge Dupree is biased and we get this feeling that MacDonald was not given a fair trial.

Who was the woman in the floppy hat? Once established that she's Helena Stoeckley, why wasn't her testimony considered? She claimed to be at the crime scene and said MacDonald is innocent, why wasn't that considered? As Helena claimed there were 3 people in the house, one of whom also "confesses" to the crime ( as per the documentary), why wasn't that lead followed? How and why is that everyone who put a question mark on the prosecution's theory are discredited? If MacDonald is innocent, how did DNA evidence find him guilty when the hairs did not match anyone in the MacDonald family? Why are his appeals for a retrial still denied? And the million dollar question - what is the motive?

If anyone watches this and have their theory, please let me know. It's a gripping watch for all true crime viewers.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back