Final 5.2.4 HT setup - Suggestions welcome! Budget details inside

If separates, many hi-end enthusiasts swear by Marantz. Supposedly when it comes to electronics Japanese Marantz is a trusted/proven lieutenant. For Amp, you can look for suitable partner.

I think you’re worrying on Screen a lil too much. Unless there’s significant improvement (20% +), you can go via DIY route as well. Unless you can’t get same gain, ambient light rejection feature in local procurement, then go with best brand (not 5Lac one surely).

I got mine (material) from pro-cinema installer in Mumbai. Gives more flexibility to aesthetics (design panels, back wall etc the way you want).

Good luck!

Alright thanks! I will keep this thread updated with my decisions.

Forgot an imp thing about screen - get it auditioned (more so if it’s expensive one). Also with expensive screen, most brands also sell “screen patch” to test at minimal cost. Get a base screen (material, paint etc), Add the patch & compare. If it performs well in your opinion, you may order (SOP in US/UK).

That said, I have auditioned few fancy sounding ones, but found their performance/price ration abysmal.

Forgot an imp thing about screen - get it auditioned (more so if it’s expensive one). Also with expensive screen, most brands also sell “screen patch” to test at minimal cost. Get a base screen (material, paint etc), Add the patch & compare. If it performs well in your opinion, you may order (SOP in US/UK).

That said, I have auditioned few fancy sounding ones, but found their performance/price ration abysmal.

Good to know! Thanks. :D

Ok so forgot another point lol.

Two imp questions:

1. Ru in Del/Mum? If Mumbai, you can surely consult The Shop @ Juhu. Extremely cordial person & doesn’t try to push products down customer’s throat. (Jignesh: 9820654522). They have Dali & Paradigm etc, may audition. Also authorised Anthem Seller. Per his suggestion, am moving from Marantz 7011 to Anthem MRX 720.

2. Is this is your maiden venture into HT? It seems you’ve made up your mind on JVC. Without an iota of doubt JVC has sublime reputation in PJ market. But why native 4K when there’s hardly much content out there? Extending the logic, why not 8k TV/PJ - Cus Content is acutely limited. And by the time there be decent quantity of 4K on market, your PJ would be obsolete. To add, from seating distance of say 15 feet, on 110-120 inch screen, none would be able to differentiate any diff between faux/true/native 4K PJ. At CES 2019, many new True4K Projectors been announced & already started hitting market. Between 2-3lac you’ll get a top performer. PS: Don’t pull trigger in haste.

By the way, did you sort/select Blu-ray player?

Ok so forgot another point lol.

Two imp questions:

1. Ru in Del/Mum? If Mumbai, you can surely consult The Shop @ Juhu. Extremely cordial person & doesn’t try to push products down customer’s throat. (Jignesh: 9820654522). They have Dali & Paradigm etc, may audition. Also authorised Anthem Seller. Per his suggestion, am moving from Marantz 7011 to Anthem MRX 720.

2. Is this is your maiden venture into HT? It seems you’ve made up your mind on JVC. Without an iota of doubt JVC has sublime reputation in PJ market. But why native 4K when there’s hardly much content out there? Extending the logic, why not 8k TV/PJ - Cus Content is acutely limited. And by the time there be decent quantity of 4K on market, your PJ would be obsolete. To add, from seating distance of say 15 feet, on 110-120 inch screen, none would be able to differentiate any diff between faux/true/native 4K PJ. At CES 2019, many new True4K Projectors been announced & already started hitting market. Between 2-3lac you’ll get a top performer. PS: Don’t pull trigger in haste.

By the way, did you sort/select Blu-ray player?

1. Yes I am from Mumbai. I will surely demo the Dali speakers there, thanks.

2. This is the first time I am making an HT. For pj I went native 4k because I do have a lot of content already bought (movies and stuff) that I wanted to check out on a native 4k projector itself. The JVC selected was launched in March this year, so its relatively new. I have done quite a bit of research and am sure that for a native 4k experience, it is the best at the price point, maybe a bit expensive but it works for me. You are free to suggest options, if any cost saving can be done though. I feel there is a decent amount of 4k content, but extremely less 8k content, hence never even thought of 8k.

3. Have not selected a blu ray player, I do have a PS4 Pro with me so that should work in the short run :p

Really thanks for all the help!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back