Floor standing speakers- Need suggestions

i run the m35i off a CA 640a v2 and the CA dv99 as a source.find the combo to be great to my ears.many feel that the said amp lacks drive,but i think given the high sensitivity of the m35i/wattage rating of max 150w,it is a relatively easy load to drive and hence the great sound.dont seem to lack anything in drive/dynamics.surprises me just how hard hitting the bass is at times.of course all this IMHO :eek:hyeah:.and in no way am i an expert reviewer!!cheers

HI

Mission 34i and 35i is a big bet for its price. The mid extension is superb with any electronics. But the 300series of Yamaha would be underpowered. You will not get the desired low freq or in short you will not use the actual capabalities of the speaker. You try with the 400 series and if you get even the old model like RXV 459 and not bothered about the HDMI etc, you will do good pairing with them. 34i has even sand filling option to it. Even though the speaker does not have much of baffel resonence unlike Wharfedale 9 series. Looks good too.

GOOD LUCK

HI

Mission 34i and 35i is a big bet for its price. The mid extension is superb with any electronics. But the 300series of Yamaha would be underpowered. You will not get the desired low freq or in short you will not use the actual capabalities of the speaker. You try with the 400 series and if you get even the old model like RXV 459 and not bothered about the HDMI etc, you will do good pairing with them. 34i has even sand filling option to it. Even though the speaker does not have much of baffel resonence unlike Wharfedale 9 series. Looks good too.

GOOD LUCK

Shyam and Suprateep,
The 300 series Yamaha which I have is 90W rms per channel (similar to 400 series but only difference is mine is 5 channel against the 6channels in 400 series.) Definetely true that I may not be able to utilise the Mission 34/35i fully but still should be sufficient to drive the speakers enough to get very decent sound (I am only bothered abt the low freq side :sad:)

I have few questions for our ethusiasists to answer!
=======================================

1) What is the difference in the quality of bass between M34i and M35i considering the fact that M35i doesnt have the chamber to fill up the sand (Not sure what is silver sand!) ? Does M35i score well over M34i (in terms of tight base and not the quantity of boomy base)?

2) Is there a significant difference in mid range & highs also? (I never had a chance to audition 35i but had for 34i and 33i)

3)Now tell me if M35i (for 20K) or M34i for 16K - which one to go for.

Folks give me ur views before we conclude this thread :)

Shyam and Suprateep,
The 300 series Yamaha which I have is 90W rms per channel (similar to 400 series but only difference is mine is 5 channel against the 6channels in 400 series.) Definetely true that I may not be able to utilise the Mission 34/35i fully but still should be sufficient to drive the speakers enough to get very decent sound (I am only bothered abt the low freq side :sad:)

I have few questions for our ethusiasists to answer!
=======================================

1) What is the difference in the quality of bass between M34i and M35i considering the fact that M35i doesnt have the chamber to fill up the sand (Not sure what is silver sand!) ? Does M35i score well over M34i (in terms of tight base and not the quantity of boomy base)?

2) Is there a significant difference in mid range & highs also? (I never had a chance to audition 35i but had for 34i and 33i)

3)Now tell me if M35i (for 20K) or M34i for 16K - which one to go for.

Folks give me ur views before we conclude this thread :)

m34 is better if you have a dedicated sub......i have a sub but i prefer the m35 without a sub. Bass gets tighter with sand in m34, bass gets tighter with time with the m35.

Midrange is the selling point of the missions - typical british speakers. Soft treble and tight bass.

Tell me where did you find the mission m35 for 20k - its 24-25k here in pune and m34 is around 18k.

BTW if you come across the m3C2i (center speaker in bangalore - can you get the prices?)

m34 is better if you have a dedicated sub......i have a sub but i prefer the m35 without a sub. Bass gets tighter with sand in m34, bass gets tighter with time with the m35.

Midrange is the selling point of the missions - typical british speakers. Soft treble and tight bass.

Tell me where did you find the mission m35 for 20k - its 24-25k here in pune and m34 is around 18k.

BTW if you come across the m3C2i (center speaker in bangalore - can you get the prices?)

Suprateep, It may be true for m34 and 35, but with my m33s thats not the case. Once again, it may be because I am using it with an onkyo 506 avr or maybe because the speakers are still new. Besides that, I am very happy with the performance! And few can beat it at that price point!

Suprateep, It may be true for m34 and 35, but with my m33s thats not the case. Once again, it may be because I am using it with an onkyo 506 avr or maybe because the speakers are still new. Besides that, I am very happy with the performance! And few can beat it at that price point!

give the speakers (m33) some time to break in. Use good audio cables - I was using the default wires of the onkyo 5.1 speakers to connect the m35 - they seemed puny and absolutely crap. Only when I changed it to DAC 14 AWG i felt suddenly the speakers come alive. With m35 the bass becomes a placement issue - big size make it imperative that the speakers are positioned correctly - with the m33 it should not be the case. Also use some silver sand and put it the cavity at the back - the bass will so much be better.

I had auditioned the m33 with yamaha, CA 540 and found it great for its value.

Here are the prices I got from Mumbai:
Model Clr MRP
m33i Black Rs. 11,000/-
m34i Cherry, Beach Rs. 16,000/-
m35i Beach Rs. 20,000/-
U can get in touch with:
.S. Bhatty
J.S. Enterprises
205, Rizvi Chambers 1,
2nd Floor, 'A' Wing,
Hill Road, Bandra,
Mumbai 400050.
Tel No. 022-26407317
May be u can check the centre speaker price there and let us know too!
I once checked the mission centre speaker price in bangalore and it was 11K (not sure abt the exact model)

Model Clr MRP
m33i Black Rs. 11,000/-
m35i Beach Rs. 20,000/-
U can get in touch with:
.S. Bhatty
J.S. Enterprises
205, Rizvi Chambers 1,
2nd Floor, 'A' Wing,
Hill Road, Bandra,
Mumbai 400050.
Tel No. 022-26407317
I once checked the mission centre speaker price in bangalore and it was 11K (not sure abt the exact model)

oh man i feel cheated now - i paid 24k for my missions m35 some 3 months back. I dunno prices dropped by that margin or I was just duped by the sales guy.

give the speakers (m33) some time to break in. Use good audio cables - I was using the default wires of the onkyo 5.1 speakers to connect the m35 - they seemed puny and absolutely crap. Only when I changed it to DAC 14 AWG i felt suddenly the speakers come alive. With m35 the bass becomes a placement issue - big size make it imperative that the speakers are positioned correctly - with the m33 it should not be the case. Also use some silver sand and put it the cavity at the back - the bass will so much be better.

I had auditioned the m33 with yamaha, CA 540 and found it great for its value.

Supra, I am very happy with the bass to be honest and I am using 16 awg speaker wires from Eagle, Rs168/meter. But later on, I may try out filling the sand cabinet. But where to get this silver sand and what is its cost?
I guess the missions need time and maybe a stereo amp to iron out the mid range! Nevertheless I am still lovin it:eek:hyeah:

Wow the new prices quoted seem so low! m33 is just 11k, m34 16k and m35 for 20k!
You shouldnt feel bad Supra, wouldnt you gladly pay 4k for the good 3 months of music that you got because you bought it earlier? :)
I dont think the sales guy duped you.
And I hear the mission distribution might change hands, that might be the reason for the price drop.

Last edited:
Supra, I am very happy with the bass to be honest and I am using 16 awg speaker wires from Eagle, Rs168/meter. But later on, I may try out filling the sand cabinet. But where to get this silver sand and what is its cost?
I guess the missions need time and maybe a stereo amp to iron out the mid range! Nevertheless I am still lovin it:eek:hyeah:

Wow the new prices quoted seem so low! m33 is just 11k, m34 16k and m35 for 20k!
You shouldnt feel bad Supra, wouldnt you gladly pay 4k for the good 3 months of music that you got because you bought it earlier? :)
I dont think the sales guy duped you.
And I hear the mission distribution might change hands, that might be the reason for the price drop.

what i have hear is that mission does not have any distributor in India - yamaha gusy were doign it but were not distributors - often they used to sell old/new stuff collected from variosu shows etc.

Anyway there is a guy in chennai listed as the mission distributor on the website. Lets see if he responds to my queries.

Two things you should never do (but most ppl inevitably end up doing) aftera purchase is:
1. ask for reviews
2. check the prices

Two things you should never do (but most ppl inevitably end up doing) aftera purchase is:
1. ask for reviews
2. check the prices

I always console myself :sad: saying that atleast I have been able to enjoy the product I bought for all this while!

oh man i feel cheated now - i paid 24k for my missions m35 some 3 months back. I dunno prices dropped by that margin or I was just duped by the sales guy.

I remember one of our forum member getting m35i for 30K in the last week.

Mission doesn't have dealers in India[they are sold by Yamaha] and what i hear is they are trying to clear the stocks. So this is the time to bargain and the future of missions in India is not sure..

Even then Total sound, B'lore quoted 39K for M35i last week and i was smiling hearing the price.

Thanks,
Prakash.

Supra- Dont worry abt this..Rather be proud..It is very common right from cell phones to cars! I still believe that 24K is a good deal 3 months back. Even now I could see quotes as high as 32K (5 weeks back ) in a shop from bangalore.. I had 25K quote for the M34i itself from the chennai distributor!

Here are some more tips!!!
===================
1. Dont compare ur speakers after buying; if at all make sure u compare with a low end :lol:
2. Dont re-check specifications :sad:
3. Dont check the price:mad:
4. Dont check out for upgraded versions!! :rolleyes:

By the way, what i quotted for the mission series is the Mumbai price. To ship the speakers to any other place, they need to be packed well and couriered. So u need to add 2K extra for this..!!!
Hope this sounds good!

So Supra- what do u suggest M35i or M34i with sand ?(construction sand works?)

1. ask for reviews
2. check the prices

To add to this ..
3. Do not Hear any more equipment :D

OT: With a 30 K budget I would rather buy good bookshelves as good floorstanders are hard to come by at this price range

Model Clr MRP
m33i Black Rs. 11,000/-
m35i Beach Rs. 20,000/-
U can get in touch with:
.S. Bhatty
J.S. Enterprises
205, Rizvi Chambers 1,
2nd Floor, 'A' Wing,
Hill Road, Bandra,
Mumbai 400050.
Tel No. 022-26407317

I gave a ring to J.S. Enterprises and he gave me a quote of 31700/- for M35i :sad: and said they are the distrbutors and its the dealers which pass on the margins to customers. And dealers for mission in mumbai are Vijay Sales..?????
will give Robert of vijay sales a ring....??

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back