Floor standing speakers- Need suggestions

Supra- Dont worry abt this..Rather be proud..It is very common right from cell phones to cars! I still believe that 24K is a good deal 3 months back. Even now I could see quotes as high as 32K (5 weeks back ) in a shop from bangalore.. I had 25K quote for the M34i itself from the chennai distributor!

Here are some more tips!!!
===================
1. Dont compare ur speakers after buying; if at all make sure u compare with a low end :lol:
2. Dont re-check specifications :sad:
3. Dont check the price:mad:
4. Dont check out for upgraded versions!! :rolleyes:

I agree..........the speakers have opened up and am smitten by them. So would not mind paying 24k for them right away but still you would want a good deal provided you are a trusted customer. I thought i got the lowest rates and though I was quoted aroudn 10.5k for the m3c2i (11.8k quoted to others) - I still feel you can get good rates from certain dealers as mission may change management and get newer dealers.

FLAC + CMP + CPLAY + DAC 14AWG + (good amp) + m35 = good overall delivery.

Now the amp used is my AVR onkyo 606 - which is okay at high volumes but lat lower volumes has not range or details. How i wish i get that piece of the puzzle right.

Marantz (5/6 series), Denon (500AE), CA (uptp 540) has failed me.

I gave a ring to J.S. Enterprises and he gave me a quote of 31700/- for M35i :sad: and said they are the distrbutors and its the dealers which pass on the margins to customers. And dealers for mission in mumbai are Vijay Sales..?????
will give Robert of vijay sales a ring....??

I copied and pasted the details from my email.. Not sure how he gave u such high quote! check with him again and get formal quote through email.. Do let me know on this..

guys
ive posted this many a timebefore

for a 20k budget a decent bookshelf should sound much better (and at least in my ears it does)than any floorstander

However if the budget is 30k i can think of only 2 floorstanders that are good
the Jamo C405 and the MS 906i

Now the amp used is my AVR onkyo 606 - which is okay at high volumes but lat lower volumes has not range or details. How i wish i get that piece of the puzzle right.

This is not only with Onkyo 606. No amp will sound 'good' at low volumes. You need to be listening to music at around 40-50dB minimum to start hearing details and all frequencies. Even the low frequencies will sound tame at low volumes and start becoming better at some reasonable volume.

Cheers

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back