frankmehta wants a new 32" LCD Television: Please help.

I have the samsung b530 and after calibration the picture looks pretty good, Blacks are the good, colors vibrant enough. I was satisfied with the performance.

Stick with the samsung C530.

I am now actively looking at the Samsung C530, the Toshiba AV700 AND a new entrant, the UA32C5000 LED from Samsung. I am getting a price of about 42-43k on it. Might bite the bullet if all goes well.

I have the samsung b530 and after calibration the picture looks pretty good, Blacks are the good, colors vibrant enough. I was satisfied with the performance.

The B530 was available for 29500 without bargaining today, which in itself is a great buy.

Frank - why do you talk of yourself in the third person? :)

The answer for this lies here
Let me google that for you

Well, Frank, it does not really answer my question as to reiterate the point again :).

I guess that is your habit.

No mate. It's an easy way to recall all my threads on various forums. The LMGTFY thing was just to show how there is really only one frankmehta on a lot of forums, and how easy it is for me to find my own threads for future reference ;-)

Oh, I thought you were trying to be like The Rock, who also refers to himself in the third person. If you can smell what the frankmehta is cooking:):):)

No mate. It's an easy way to recall all my threads on various forums. The LMGTFY thing was just to show how there is really only one frankmehta on a lot of forums, and how easy it is for me to find my own threads for future reference ;-)

Slightly off topic; but how did you do that google thing that you gave a link to? That was very interesting :).

The Toshiba AV700 is really tempting me. The only disadvantage is that it's not an IPS display.
Is the Samsung 530 an IPS display? And can someone actually tell me the ACTUAL specs to be seen when comparing tv's when it comes to PQ?
I know Contrast Ratio is all bull and crap.
I know for a fact the Brightness (nits, cd/m3) is a better factor for comparison.
I don't care much about FULL HD.
I also feel the refresh rate (hz) is also quite a factor (for me) for comparing tvs. I saw a 100hz tv with the share market tickers (which I don't care about, I am a doctor, LOL, but it's a good way to compare motion in TVs) and I didn't feel like watching anything else.
I am getting a 100hz LX15 from panasonic for 32k. With bill and warranty. Whatsay?

AV700/Samsung 530/Panasonic LX15/ Samsung LED??? Or otherwise?????

Please help guys. Today or maximum tomorrow, I need to bite the bullet. My house is ready and Dad is slowly pulling back the budget. Help, guys.

The Toshiba AV700 is really tempting me. The only disadvantage is that it's not an IPS display.
Is the Samsung 530 an IPS display? And can someone actually tell me the ACTUAL specs to be seen when comparing tv's when it comes to PQ?
I know Contrast Ratio is all bull and crap.
I know for a fact the Brightness (nits, cd/m3) is a better factor for comparison.
I don't care much about FULL HD.
I also feel the refresh rate (hz) is also quite a factor (for me) for comparing tvs. I saw a 100hz tv with the share market tickers (which I don't care about, I am a doctor, LOL, but it's a good way to compare motion in TVs) and I didn't feel like watching anything else.
I am getting a 100hz LX15 from panasonic for 32k. With bill and warranty. Whatsay?

AV700/Samsung 530/Panasonic LX15/ Samsung LED??? Or otherwise?????

Please help guys. Today or maximum tomorrow, I need to bite the bullet. My house is ready and Dad is slowly pulling back the budget. Help, guys.

When you are so much in love with the panasonic v20 plasma, why don't you just go ahead and pick up the 42 incher for your bedroom. You can't go wrong with that. This way, you'll also avoid the urge to watch your television on the 50" one and this bedroom unit won't go waste. If you compromise on the bedroom tv then I am sure that you'll never want to switch on the tv in the bedroom since you'll always miss the panasonic. Just my two cents.

space is a problem. That's the only issue. I need more space to mount the tv. I just checked. a 37" might just fit but not a 40" one. Still willl stick to 32" only
Please help guys!

I just checked the v20 panel at the panasonic brand showroom in noida. Nothing comes close to it. This was in a well lit showroom with the default settings. Boy, I am impressed. Probably, I will get the 50 incher for my living room.

125k for the 50". With discounts, should cost somewhere around 120k for the 50". The V20 3D will be available for 210k and will be in stocks by the 2nd week of September. This was at the Panasonic showroom in the Great India Place.

Need a new 32" LCD Television as well: Please help!!

hi guys,

first post here and i'm glad that i found this forum! nothing like a local forum!!

btw, have the EXACT same dilemma as frankmehta. therefore sought to seek help in the ongoing thread rather than starting a new one. i'm getting a 42V20 for the living room (room ain't big enough to justify the 50" one) and need a 32" lcd for the bedroom. while i know everything abt plasmas, my knowledge abt the current lcd lot and their performance is zilch!

the tv is for 90% sd viewing (tata sky) in 4:3 mode and the occasional movie. don't want to go over 35K for the tv though. can u guys suggest the best option for sd viewing? did go out to check the lcds out at a nearby store and just couldn't make up my mind!

any and all help is greatly appreciated :) !!!

thanx!

Have a look at Panasonic 32X15D. Has 100 Hz refresh rate and a good viewing angle. U can get a good picuture quality even from the sides.
It is now going less than 34000. In my opinion it is the best at this price range.
Manoj

True it is not full hd. But for tv less than 42 inch our eyes cannot make out the difference between HD and HD ready. I had read this here -http://www.squidoo.com/Full_HD_Ready_HDTV
Best is you check it out yourself; I did so and really did not find out the difference. (So why pay the premium for this feature)

To me the USP for Panasonic 32X15D is the 100 Hz technology. The picture is much smoother and you feel less drag when you watch fast moving action in sports or scrolling text. Again check it out yourself and compare with the other panels (which have 50Hz refresh rate) and you will see the difference. This technology is in high end Sony models costing more than 45000.

Manoj

The Panasonic X15 is a good model. But it's from last year. If given a choice, I would look at the Pana D25 (led: this year's series), Samsung 530 and the Samsung LED (series 4/5).
These are the only options in mind. Dropped the Toshiba since I just can't find anything about the AV700 series on the internet.

Pana D25 is no doubt a very good tv with lots of hi-end features, but then so is the price. If u want to do gaming etc.. go for it. But for normal TV viewing
Pana X15 is a good value for money.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back