frankmehta wants a new 32" LCD Television: Please help.

what is the price for the d25? not to forget the d25 has viera cast as well... i have fmaily living in 3 different countries and skype video does sound very promising! btw, that was one of the reasons for choosing the 42V20... actually was going to buy it anyway, but that defintiely is an added bonus.

have narrowed it down to two pannys.. the 32x15 and the 32s10, but both last year's models. have two stores close by and one has the the x15 and the other has the s10, so couldn't compare them side by side. what are your recommendations out of the two... i could be wrong but the s10 did appear to have a better pq. and is not having 100hz on the s10 really that bad? can any owners vouch for the same? my main viewing would be star world, sony, axn and the music channels... no sports or scrolling tickers. am i nuts or the full hd models to seem a little more crisper?

really need to decide in a day or two... as before, any and all help is highly apprecitated :) !!

Planning to go in for the S10. Getting it @ 32k with a bill and warranty. Might try to get a lower rate, but this is the best I can get.
Paying tomorrow. Will pick it up immediately.

Sounds ok?

what is the price for the d25? not to forget the d25 has viera cast as well... i have fmaily living in 3 different countries and skype video does sound very promising! btw, that was one of the reasons for choosing the 42V20... actually was going to buy it anyway, but that defintiely is an added bonus.

have narrowed it down to two pannys.. the 32x15 and the 32s10, but both last year's models. have two stores close by and one has the the x15 and the other has the s10, so couldn't compare them side by side. what are your recommendations out of the two... i could be wrong but the s10 did appear to have a better pq. and is not having 100hz on the s10 really that bad? can any owners vouch for the same? my main viewing would be star world, sony, axn and the music channels... no sports or scrolling tickers. am i nuts or the full hd models to seem a little more crisper?

really need to decide in a day or two... as before, any and all help is highly apprecitated :) !!

You will find both the x15 & s10 models in a panasonic brand shop. The premium you pay for x15 is around 2K over the s10 model and in my opinion it is worth it. In Kolkata, x15 is coming with bill and warranty for 34K.

Last edited:
Hi all.just wanted to ask.ican't seem to give the x15 and the s10 a look together anywhere.which one of the two has better black levels and more real flesh tones

As far as colour tones and saturation is concerned I found both to be similar. Only when you put a video with some motion, u find the difference between X15 and S10, with the picture being much smoother and less of a drag on your eyes in X15.
Having said that I saw another panasonic model yesterday in the similar price bracket but with a 3 year warranty. (I forget the model no.) Maybe u could consider that if you have not already made the purchase.

Just saw VU 32 Full HD at croma the other day and compared with other models available. Somehow, I felt at Rs25K it appears to be a decent pick for the bedroom atleast.

One of my friend ordered Philips 5609 on ezone offer last week (27k)..
looked like a good VFM deal..

This TV was sold last year for about 34-35K..
The TV looks excellent and has very good PQ as well..

Hi guys! Bought the Panasonic TH-L32S10 today for 29 k with a bill and warranty.
The cheapest price I found anywhere.
The X15 is in scarce supply everywhere, and the place where I got my TV from didn't stock it. Hence, an A-B comparison was not possible. No way in hell was I going to buy another TV without comparing it to the model I liked BEST so far, so it was near impossible that I was getting the X15.
I did, however manage to find a dealer who had it in stock, but he didn't want to open it and display it (totally understand his problem). He asked for 32k for it.
So finally, a full HD 32 inch LCD tv from Panasonic with a bill and warranty of a year cost me Rs. 29k. Very happy with that.
Cheers guys.

We want a short review too. How is the picture quality? Does it play BD and DVD rips from pen drive? How is gaming on it? How about action movies? It doesn't have 100Hz. Does that have any effect?

Hii. Not installed it yet. Moving into the new house tomorrow. Will have it installed tomorrow itself. It is Panasonic's 2009 model, hence doesn't support BD and DVD rips. It has no 100hz, which means nothing actually, since we are not going to use this TV to watch a lot of movies etc. It's just for night viewing and casual viewing of tata sky HD and HD rips via an HTPC.

Just powered up the TV for five minutes since I just couldn't wait for the Panasonic guy to show up on Monday.
Connected Tata Sky HD and switched ALL video processing modes off from the TV menu.
Even colour was set to normal and temp to normal.
Let me tell you one thing. Of course, it doesn't hold a candle to the V20 Plasma in my hall, but yes, it's a SUPER product as compared to even the Samsung we own (and love it to bits) and has amazingly natural PQ. Flesh tones were neutral and natural, and the blacks were highly convincing.
Of note was the fact that the amount of detail exhibited by this panel showed the intricacies of the construction worker's face on NatGeoHD, which was almost always blurred in other TVs of this (and higher) range.
I will add lots of more stuff as I watch more sources. The TV is back in the box as of now, and will be mounted on Monday.
Cheers guys!

Just powered up the TV for five minutes since I just couldn't wait for the Panasonic guy to show up on Monday.
Connected Tata Sky HD and switched ALL video processing modes off from the TV menu.
Even colour was set to normal and temp to normal.
Let me tell you one thing. Of course, it doesn't hold a candle to the V20 Plasma in my hall, but yes, it's a SUPER product as compared to even the Samsung we own (and love it to bits) and has amazingly natural PQ. Flesh tones were neutral and natural, and the blacks were highly convincing.
Of note was the fact that the amount of detail exhibited by this panel showed the intricacies of the construction worker's face on NatGeoHD, which was almost always blurred in other TVs of this (and higher) range.
I will add lots of more stuff as I watch more sources. The TV is back in the box as of now, and will be mounted on Monday.
Cheers guys!

Ohhh thank you for this post. I had been waiting for it. Would love to hear a detailed review too. After hearing your short review, I suddenly consider this over samsung 32C530.

Congrats frank, that's a buy no one I know has gone wrong with. Where did you get it from 29K (since ezone is selling it for 30K+)?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back