frankmehta wants a new 32" LCD Television: Please help.

frankmehta

I am in the process of doing up my house, and I have already bought a Panasonic V20 50 Inch Plasma for my hall.

Read about it here:
http://www.hifivision.com/televisio...roblems-impressions-questions.html#post159536

Anyways, I do need another 32" LCD for my bedroom (to be mounted on a cupboard door and hooked up to Tata Sky HD connection), hence I will need a decent lightweight slim LCD (no need for FULL HD) with 100hz scanning.
A larger warranty is welcome.
The budget is not too generous and I would want to spend southwards of Rs. 32000.
I have a PS3 and will be picking an Xtreamer up. SO not worried too much about USB input etc.

PS: LED (so called LED) TVs are an utter waste according to me. A good LCD will do. But the fact is, I will be doing SD watching, and sometimes movie watching on this TV. SO please suggest accordingly.

Samsung C4xx fits your bill perfectly.A good 100hz tvs from samsung and sony is out of your budget even if you consider the grey market.

We have a Samsung Series 4 (450) at home. Very happy with it. By far, the best SD I have seen.
Trouble is, it's a very old model now (2 years old) and I wanted something a little more cutting edge.
I was offered a brand new Panasonic S10 from my dealer for less than 35 k. Is that a good deal?

We have a Samsung Series 4 (450) at home. Very happy with it. By far, the best SD I have seen.
Trouble is, it's a very old model now (2 years old) and I wanted something a little more cutting edge.
I was offered a brand new Panasonic S10 from my dealer for less than 35 k. Is that a good deal?

Well if its 2 years old i guess the model you have is the A4xx the one i am talking about is C4xx.
Well at 35k you can also get the C530 which is a better tv compared to panasonic S10.

Hi

Check out the VU Hollywood series 32' s avbl at Croma Price around 25K. If you bargain u may get it closer to 21-22K. One of my relative just bought Sony latest model 32' (not the monolith) for 29K from grey market.

Aslo how much did 50'V20 cost u.

Last edited:
Hi

Check out the VU Hollywood series 32' s avbl at Croma Price around 25K. If you bargain u may get it closer to 21-22K. One of my relative just bought Sony latest model 32' (not the monolith) for 29K from grey market.

Aslo how much did 50'V20 cost u.

avoid VU at any cost.. latest Sony from grey market is better option IMO..

I have known people using VU from over 2 years without any problems. As a layman I checked it out at croma along with brands like LG, Sammy, Onida, VDOcon. It appeared to either match or was better than those brands.

I have known people using VU from over 2 years without any problems. As a layman I checked it out at croma along with brands like LG, Sammy, Onida, VDOcon. It appeared to either match or was better than those brands.

you can compare VU against Onida, Videocon..
you may find it either match or better than these brands..

Sony, Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Phillips are in different league altogether..

I want maximum warranty, and NO Sony for many reasons.
I would prefer a Samsung, Panasonic or an LG at the worst.
Also, I was offered a Samsung B530 from last year's range for about 31k.
Is that a good price? Only thing lacking is a functional USB port for movies.
Whatsay

I want maximum warranty, and NO Sony for many reasons.
I would prefer a Samsung, Panasonic or an LG at the worst.
Also, I was offered a Samsung B530 from last year's range for about 31k.
Is that a good price? Only thing lacking is a functional USB port for movies.
Whatsay

in local news papers here in cochin, i see an several ads for panasonic 32c8d for 18990,this is with ips panel, check it out at your place

Can you provide shop name and contact number is it demo piece.

it was in yesterdays news paper(malayala manorama).i dont think it is a demo, may be an offer.some local electronic shop. i dont have the paper with me now to see the shops name, anyway i see your location is not cochin so not much use knowing the name isnt it?

it was in yesterdays news paper(malayala manorama).i dont think it is a demo, may be an offer.some local electronic shop. i dont have the paper with me now to see the shops name, anyway i see your location is not cochin so not much use knowing the name isnt it?

raju

same price in a NEXT ad as well so you can check in a NEXt store nearby

The Panasonic 32C8D does not have even a single HDMI port. But still at this price you can't complain. It actually costs less than some 26 inchers out there.

Guys, a couple of days to go. Please start suggesting. I am going to buy the Samsung B530/C530 if nothing else worthwhile comes up. Cheers!

Guys, a couple of offers have come up.

eBay India: 32" PANASONIC TH-L32X22 - HD Ready, Free Shipping (item 290467160633 end time 01-Sep-2010 08:00:00 IST)

eBay India: 32" TOSHIBA REGZA 32AV700 HD LCD USB, PC CONNECTION. (item 290467167331 end time 01-Sep-2010 08:30:00 IST)

eBay India: 32" SHARP LCD TV 32L400M HD1080/24 - Free Shipping (item 290467167329 end time 01-Sep-2010 08:30:00 IST)

eBay India: Sony 32inch LCD TV BX300 with 1 year Dealer warranty (item 250686725454 end time 01-Sep-2010 08:30:00 IST)

WHich one of the 4 do you recommend??? I don't want the Sony since it's from Chennai and a grey market piece.
I am thinking, the Toshiba looks decent. It's got 4 HDMI inputs and a decent warranty.
The Sharp has got a Japan panel and so has the Panasonic.
The Panasonic has an IPS panel but has ONLY ONE HDMI input.

I am stuck guys. Since I won't be using an AV receiver with this TV, one HDMI input would be abysmal.
Please suggest the BEST panel with respect to picture quality.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back