Gold plated RCA splitter

GeorgeO

Folks

I seem/thought I posted this earlier but cant find it, so am reposting. Does anyone knpw if MX offers these? I need to split a line level signal from my line in socket and take a subwoofer signal to my plate amp. If not MX any local source,otherwise I can get it from overseas.

Thanks

How are you planning to connect with the RCA splitter to the subwoofer plate amplifier? I mean do you take out the both the L/R of the preamp and connect to the sub amplifier or just any one L or R is sufficient. Curious to know as I also wanted to try this method in my stereo setup.

Folks

Does anyone knpw if MX offers these? I need to split a line level signal from my line in socket and take a subwoofer signal to my plate amp.
Thanks

Yes MX has it. Go to the MX store on SP road . One input , two outputs. Of course two required for stereo.
You get your choice of male or female at each end. They have all combinations !

You could also look at Chetan moulded cables. RCA or XLR's and even computer cables. New range. I was put off by the 'smell' of their cables ! It appears they use something to extrude the plastic sheath that you don't find in imported cables. Someone once told me that is done when you use inferior plastics ! Is that true ?

I bought some Chetan single core shielded wire. A grey one at Rs 25/- per m and a thicker black one at Rs 35/- per meter. My LCR meter shows capacitance as over 240pF per meter for both !!!! Twice that of a typical imported balanced mic cable.

Better to buy at the shop as you can actually check it out. I'd prefer to buy the chromed connector rather than the 'gold plated' ones. Gold is supposed to be tarnish proof. However the 'gold plated ' items that MX sells do get tarnished in India. I have one speaker connector that even has some greenish deposit that developed on it with time. The others in that batch are OK. However all the chrome plated ones from even more than 15 years ago are still shiny !
But it's your call. Do whatever makes you feel happy. ;)

Manniraj

I have one pair of these for one input((SB), wanted a second one for TV input. Since I have a pair for input and my plate amp has two RCAs on line input side I use two.

Manniraj

I have one pair of these for one input((SB), wanted a second one for TV input. Since I have a pair for input and my plate amp has two RCAs on line input side I use two.

Thanks George, but does my statement of usage of the splitter from preamp to subwoofer plate amplifier hold good.

Ok I did the tweak by getting couple of gold plated RCA splitters and a 3 mtr RCA cable for the subwoofer. I connected the splitters to the L/R of the preamp out (DCB1) and connected the sub and also the power amp. Set the cut-off on the sub at 60Hz and it does sound nice combination even though I have a basic Jamo 200 sub being using for HT purpose so far. The base punch was there and pairing well with my Frugal Horn speakers. I think I will retain the combination as of now and try to listen for some more days. The total damage for the tweak was 150/- for the splitters and RCA cable was around 250/-.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back