Good Tablet around 7K ?

rohitmusic

Hello Friends,

Need suggestions from you regarding a good tablet around 7K for basic use.

Usage: Mostly will be used by my family

1. Mostly for Watching videos: Youtube - nursery rhymes, etc
2. Internet browsing
3. Mostly will be used at home - WIFI so calling may not be must.

Basically looking for something which I can gift to family members for basic use.

Also, if any forum member has a tab at disposal in good condition, then also please kindly let me know. You can PM me.

Thanks in Advance!

Thanks and Kind Regards,
Rohit

Last edited:
Any idea how are brands like Micromax, they have the Funbook series? They seem to have some decent tabs out in the market.

Also I see a lot of other brands out there in the budget segment.

(I see that Google nexus/Samsung Tab 311 are in 12k range. But since the usage is basic and may be rough use so avoiding these for now :) )

Thanks,
Rohit

Any idea how are brands like Micromax, they have the Funbook series? They seem to have some decent tabs out in the market.

Also I see a lot of other brands out there in the budget segment.

(I see that Google nexus/Samsung Tab 311 are in 12k range. But since the usage is basic and may be rough use so avoiding these for now :) )

Thanks,
Rohit

Yes there are lot of brands and models at various prices.
Now a small comparison for Micromax Funbook (various models) and Asus.
Here:

Internal Storage 8GB [Asus], max 2GB apprx [Micromax] (both expandable upto 32GB for external)
Battery: 4270[Asus], 3000 [Micromax]

There are other areas to be compared. You can find out more.

Last edited:
for low cost tabs the main problem is battery backup, costlier onces usually have greater battery backup. I bought Veedee tab last year, battery lasts for 1 to 1:15 hrs max at full charge with moderate continuous browsing, video playback shortens that further.

I bought Veedee tab last year, battery lasts for 1 to 1:15 hrs max at full charge with moderate continuous browsing, video playback shortens that further.
5.gif

I will suggest Samy tab2 with wifi . Shall cost around 8k to 9k. I am usingbthe same with call + 3g. Decent batery and really good performer. Try it and you,ll like it for sure. (In fact I am now typing this message on the tab only).

I am using Samsung Galaxy Tab2(3G+Wifi) and liked it. Battery life is good.
You can check the Wifi only model which used to be less than 9K in flipkart.

Model : Tab2 P3110 ( Wifi )

Pl note that Veedee refuses the 1 yr warranty towards end of tenure. I had touchscreen issues at 11th month. The issues are not major - only affecting the bottom row and sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't.

Yes, battery backup lasts under 2 hrs if on wifi. Under 4 hrs with non-wifi gaming.

As a general rule avoid tablets that have a Chinese label.
Hardware issues are well known to us, hence "Chinese junk"! Most Indian sellers/resellers go for the cheapest without any quality checks. If it is a famous Chinese brand make sure it is not a FAKE.

You need to look at the chipset, Mediatek have some compatibility issues with some apps.
Also Micromax and others do not open source their code so there is no support at XDA.

They are unlikely to fix any problems when they occur (in software). At least for brand name tablets, there is always support from enthusiasts in other countries.

In anycase Micromax most likely puts a label on some chinese product from a company like Marvel.

Many people also forget to check connectors and slots (SD, USB, HDMI) limiting the tab's utility.

I have got 2 months old Nexus 7 (2012 model) with the latest 4.3 android update and accessories.

I have not taken a final call yet, but I could consider selling it for Rs.9K plus shipping.

I have got 2 months old Nexus 7 (2012 model) with the latest 4.3 android update and accessories.

I have not taken a final call yet, but I could consider selling it for Rs.9K plus shipping.

9K? - Thats a great deal!!!! If I didnt have one already I would snap it up!
Note that it does not have a SD slot. But at this price I can live with it! I dont know how it works with 4.3, I downgraded back to 4.1.2 and have blocked updates (have to root). use SyncToy (on windows) and keep your data backed up and you will not feel the need for a SD card. Has a fast locking GPS too! Has other small cons but the pros are enough for me to recommend the Nexus 7.
Is it 8GB or 16 GB or 32GB?

As a general rule avoid tablets that have a Chinese label.
Hardware issues are well known to us, hence "Chinese junk"! Most Indian sellers/resellers go for the cheapest without any quality checks. If it is a famous Chinese brand make sure it is not a FAKE.

That's a very generic statement, there are very good chinese products which most of them are not aware.

7 inch you can check Ainol or Ramos both are very good and realiable manufacturers of tablets and are know for quality. They are any given day better than all the Indian imports from China.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back