Grand AV Expo 2015 - Chennai

aoopnath

Hello Chennaites,

Anyone planning to attend the Grand AV Expo in Chennai next month.

As per the website after 8 years an expo of this magnitude has been planned exclusively for AV. Not sure how much of a success it will be. However sharing the details in case anyone is interested. :)

AV EXPO 2015 CHENNAI, INDIA

Prepare your visit :
Official Show Time: 18 - 20, September 2015 - 10:00 am to 07:30pm
Venue: "Convention Centre, Chennai Trade Centre, Nandambakkam, Chennai"

Sure.. Me in.. AV Expo never happened in chennai...

Thanks. Have put the dates in the diary.

I recall something like that at the Trade Centre a couple of years ago. Not very big, not very much.

I'm a bit of a sucker for those Trade-Centre shows (Engineering and hand tools are among my favourites!) and will drop in there on Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

In general, shows at that place vary between moderate and awful. They have been getting worse in recent years. last year's camera show was reasonable; I missed it this year.

Anybody is welcome to say hello, of course. I may not post here these days, but still have warm regards for the people I met through HFV, and I'm sure there are many more great music lovers out there in the city.

Those who have not come across me before: the white guy in kurta/vesti will probably be me. :cool:

Most of those expos at Chennai Trade Centre, you just fill in the form at the door. Otherwise, the entrance fee is nominal, like 40 or 50 Rs. Sometimes you have to put on a show of being associated with the trade --- I have a "business" card with a title that could mean absolutely anything!

Pre-registering on line saves some time.

Thanks for the Information.Entry Free would pull in more crowd which include the people who consider the event as the Holiday \picnic spot too that's the worrying part.

It shall not be expensive but 50-100 is very nominal entry fee which filters crowd and see only few Music lovers and interested crowd and not everybody who stays near by and like to spend their weekend.

Hello Thameem,

I tried the free registration but I didnt get any attachment as pass. It was an image which is part of the email and hence getting a print out was getting difficult. Could you let me know if you got the pass as separate attachment with the email?:)

Also guys,

I cant deny the fact that 99% of all the exhibitions I have attended at the Chennai Trade Centre were mere waste of time & money. But I am pinning my hopes on this one since this is an AV exhibition. I just hope it rocks and gives ample demos for us to explore. Also I do hope they give good offers during the time since I am taking my first plunge for a good surround speaker now. :)

Also guys,

I cant deny the fact that 99% of all the exhibitions I have attended at the Chennai Trade Centre were mere waste of time & money. But I am pinning my hopes on this one since this is an AV exhibition. ... ...

For us guys, that could make it all the more disapointing. Or the stereo people might find it's all booming HT demos Or....

Hey, it hasn't happened yet: I'll lock up the pessimism, but, as a regular, I entirely agree with aoopnath about CTC. My wife visits that area every weekend. If there is an expo on, I give her a lift, so it is no trouble to go there. Alone, because Mrs G gave up on those retail/household/building/etc expos a long time ago! :sad:

I might not be able to visit. But, my friends are putting up a stall on SO audio and Brian amplifiers (stall #33). If you happen to visit, do check their demo car.

I am looking to spend the whole of Saturday at the venue and report on it here. I will cover as many stalls as I can and will focus on new products and offers. If anyone is interested in anything in particular, do holler.

Cheers

If you see anyone screaming and running out the building, it will be having heard Hotel California for the third time. After a such a long period, I think I might be able to stand it twice.

:lol:

i am planning a visit today afternoon.

A car audio installer (Speedfreaks) is demoing a 4-way active full digital setup with the DAC conversion taking place at the amp.

I'll go tomorrow, mid-afternoon.

My wife is worried that I will spend money! She should just be happy that I decided against the Schiit DAC I auditioned recently :lol:.

I have to admit that high-end hifi has rather lost its attraction for me these days, although it would be a lie if I said I didn't still have a wish list with some expensive items on it. :eek: :eek:

I have to admit that high-end hifi has rather lost its attraction for me these days, although it would be a lie if I said I didn't still have a wish list with some expensive items on it.

Yeah ! If she dragged you away from the 'thoughts' you'd come away screaming ! :D
You can stand by the way side and watch all the glorious sparkling goodies with tongue hanging out (!) but you can't walk away from them for good ! The permanent virus runs in the blood ! :D

Paying for your sins from the past life ! :)
If not, you would have been able to shut shop long ago !;)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back