grey market Vs original

anup_sel

I m planning 2 buy a audio system 4 my wagonr n my budget is around 12k..many people told me that buying a grey market HU wont affect the sound quality..but shud have a reputed speaker system like JBL,ground 0..IS that true..plz help me..:):sos:

There is nothing guaranteed in electronics, my Pioneer grey market one works fine for 4 yrs now but my friends went kaput in 3 months, another one bought with bill and his Pio died in 13th month so no warranty.

It also boils down to your luck. But all said and done, in today CD player maturity, I wouldnt really bothered and will take the risk in HU. But be ready for the consequence of the following:

1. Without bill, u cant be sure of originality
2. Possible used product being sold with the panel alone changed
3. possibility of internal components being altered or selling a returned product

End of the day, its u r call mate and u r risk for appetite, there is not yes or no to this. :)

I got my pioneer+JBL basic system from Local,but semy grey market.
Price was marginally less than actual Grey market.I also got basic warrenty from saler of 6moths as he was confident abt the product.
He was right & no problem.

If need costly product,you shld know if product can be serviced by paying regular fees.

if you know the guy in gray market it is profitable ...
in cd player and speakers you will save 3k+ ... i am good at it

i gave my friend a pioneer car cdp 2year gone still doing very good..

if you know the guy in gray market it is profitable ...
in cd player and speakers you will save 3k+ ... i am good at it

i gave my friend a pioneer car cdp 2year gone still doing very good..

The DIY King is right. Catch a good recommended grey dealer. I bought a pioneer hu + pioneer speakers 5.5 years ago from grey and its still going strong (yeah !!) My 2 friends bought 2 sony hu and they died in 12 months. They bought grey pioneers after that and are using it for the last 3 years.

In last 2 years everything is changing.
Esp Pio and Kenwood strated distributing in a big way. Sony was there.
In speakers JBL is king but some US brands like Powerbass and Earthqueke alos showing presence.
Just take best quote from official and grey if difference is more than 20% then only think of grey.
also in last 4-5 years quality and duabality is eroding very fast..

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back