Group Buy Sony OLEDs A80J/A90J 55"/65" (Bangalore 2021)

guessmewho

Last edited:
Please add A80J/A90J buyers in subject so that it becomes more inclusive. I am waiting for A90J launch here. As per Croma ppl, It is going to happen early October.

Hi Nikhil,
Completely agree with you. I will step back on leading the 'Group Buy' part. Request someone with more experience to take over. We can still keep this thread to share any common discounts and offers. Thanks

Officially sony on its website is now announcing Diwali offers. However the website now shows the prices which actually were the existing actual prices in retail outlets before the diwali offers. Earlier the website showed MRP which was always inflated vs actual retail prices. So proportionately if website prices have reduced the actual prices in retail should further reduce now much more

Ok.. So the 30% discount on MRP remains.
1+1 warranty is now increased to 1+2
10k cashback is now increased to 15k (on no cost EMI purchases only.. Upto 18 months)

So the additional 5k cashback is what Pai was calling about.

Not sure how much they can better Unilets 2.55Lakhs. Will try finding this weekend.

A90J should have launched by now its high time before Diwali offer. Any idea anyone where is this legend for India

I wish it was here.. no news actually... dont think they will launch it this year... here in India.. unfortunately. A80J was launched only this year.

I wish it was here.. no news actually... dont think they will launch it this year... here in India.. unfortunately. A80J was launched only this year.
I too have the same feeling that they may not launch A90J here at least for now, if they have not added it in time for Diwali offers.

Ok.. So the 30% discount on MRP remains.
1+1 warranty is now increased to 1+2
10k cashback is now increased to 15k (on no cost EMI purchases only.. Upto 18 months)

So the additional 5k cashback is what Pai was calling about.

Not sure how much they can better Unilets 2.55Lakhs. Will try finding this weekend.
I had a chat with Sony Center, so the 15k cash back is with credit cards for the Sony 65 A80J.
The thing is when i read the pdf of the Emi details earlier in the morning, it was mentioned first emi will be cash back but the Sony Center said you will get 15k cash back if you go for the 65" A80J, very confusing indeed, also they saying it will be zero interest emi, could you find out from the dealer there if the cash back is 15k or it's the first emi refund for the 65 A80J?

Thanks.

Sony A90J n X95 will not be coming to India, I spoke with few of the Sony dealers so it is either A80J if OLED or X90J if FALD.

I spend an hour checking out both of them n based on my observations the A80J looked much more sharper , cleaner n clearer (upscaling) than my LG CX , it also was more colourful ( Live Colour Medium) n brighter (Peak Brightness on high)Standard Mode/ Advanced Contrast Enhancer on Medium).

Similarly X90J had better upscaling n better blacks( VA panel) than my QN90A ( refer to the QN90A owners thread ). My experiences with both the Koreans TV makers have been pretty underwhelming sadly n costly :p

Lastly XR processor is indeed legit !!!

Sony A90J n X95 will not be coming to India, I spoke with few of the Sony dealers so it is either A80J if OLED or X90J if FALD.

I spend an hour checking out both of them n based on my observations the A80J looked much more sharper , cleaner n clearer (upscaling) than my LG CX , it also was more colourful ( Live Colour Medium) n brighter (Peak Brightness on high)Standard Mode/ Advanced Contrast Enhancer on Medium).

Similarly X90J had better upscaling n better blacks( VA panel) than my QN90A ( refer to the QN90A owners thread ). My experiences with both the Koreans TV makers have been pretty underwhelming sadly n costly :p

Lastly XR processor is indeed legit !!!
A80J uses the EVO panel which has overall better characteristics on a hardware level as well. Not really fair comparing it to CX as it costs more than the G1. LG still does better as a gaming TV or monitor.

Samsung fucked over the QN90A by launching the IPS version in India. You can add all dimming zones to IPS, but text like subtitles will still bloom badly.

+1 (except for the language). FALD on IPS is a LG Nano quintessential hype that will not hold water.

A80J uses the EVO panel which has overall better characteristics on a hardware level as well. Not really fair comparing it to CX as it costs more than the G1. LG still does better as a gaming TV or monitor.

Samsung fucked over the QN90A by launching the IPS version in India. You can add all dimming zones to IPS, but text like subtitles will still bloom badly.
A80J 77 inch is said to use the EVO panel ( not officially confirmed)... But the 55 and 65 inches don't use the EVO.

Not really fair comparing it to CX as it costs more than the G1. LG still does better as a gaming TV or monitor.

The A80J is cheaper then the G1 at least by the dealers i got the offers from.

I agree Samsung should have launched the Qn95a here too like they did in Europe, guess they will learn this mistake by bad sales from the Qn90a over here.

The A80J is cheaper then the G1 at least by the dealers i got the offers from.

I agree Samsung should have launched the Qn95a here too like they did in Europe, guess they will learn this mistake by bad sales from the Qn90a over here.
G1 was available for 2.2L after factoring in cashback of 14k last I checked 2 weeks back(prices ex-showroom Delhi). Now, the cashback is 20K i believe.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back