Guidance with protecting my gears

So, you have solved your problem.
A review will be helpful .
Well now I do have a peace of mind while watching movies as the vertex is providing stable voltage. Previously I connected my gears to a vgaurd which was fluctuating in voltage even though I had stable voltage at my place. One of my friend had his marantz 6012 connected to vgaurd and it got fried due to voltage fluctuations. With the vertex I am getting stable 230v. It has inbuilt surge suppressor and em/rfi filter as well. Luckily due to good power supply my gears lasted with vgaurd but I was always paranoid while watching movies now I am relaxed

Well now I do have a peace of mind while watching movies as the vertex is providing stable voltage. Previously I connected my gears to a vgaurd which was fluctuating in voltage even though I had stable voltage at my place. One of my friend had his marantz 6012 connected to vgaurd and it got fried due to voltage fluctuations. With the vertex I am getting stable 230v. It has inbuilt surge suppressor and em/rfi filter as well. Luckily due to good power supply my gears lasted with vgaurd but I was always paranoid while watching movies now I am relaxed

Totally agree wih Navin. Vguard Digi 200 ( I have one) is not really meant for Hifi equipment considering how much it fluctuates besides it is not capable of connecting a lot of equipments. Their stabilisers for refrigerators are fine but certainly not for HT.
Vertex or Krykard servo stabilisers are good especially Vertex is better VFM since it provides the EMI & RFI filters for almost the same price of Krykard. For Krykard you have to pay almost Rs. 5000/- extra for the filters.

1 kva -12500
2 kva-13500
3 kva-14500
4 kva-15500
5 kva-16500

There is nothing wrong in sharing the prices of the gears. This is the standard price. Not sure about discount. I hardly get discounts on these.
Yeah I have shared prices but he sent me a pm as well. The 2kv model should be sufficient. 5kv is not at all required. With all my gears connected it always shows load as 0%

Totally agree wih Navin. Vguard Digi 200 ( I have one) is not really meant for Hifi equipment considering how much it fluctuates besides it is not capable of connecting a lot of equipments. Their stabilisers for refrigerators are fine but certainly not for HT.
Vertex or Krykard servo stabilisers are good especially Vertex is better VFM since it provides the EMI & RFI filters for almost the same price of Krykard. For Krykard you have to pay almost Rs. 5000/- extra for the filters.

Yeah priced very well and also have spike arrestor along with the filters. Vgaurd is ok for connecting Tv, Blu-ray players and the standard Sony,lg etc HTIB

Last edited:
1 kva -12500
2 kva-13500
3 kva-14500
4 kva-15500
5 kva-16500

There is nothing wrong in sharing the prices of the gears. This is the standard price. Not sure about discount. I hardly get discounts on these.
Hi Navin, how are the sound levels of Vertex, are they silent or make noise. Have you kept it in the same room as your setup or outdoor.

Hi Navin, how are the sound levels of Vertex, are they silent or make noise. Have you kept it in the same room as your setup or outdoor.

It’s even more silent then the v gaurd. Only when u start up it produces a thud sound and beeps for 5-6 seconds which is a safety precaution. During the 6 seconds it calculates the voltage and start if it’s safe as per the pre-set values else it will shut down.During operations it is dead silent. Even the vgaurd keeps making a clicking noise. As u can see I have placed it close to my av rack. I sit just 7-8 feet from the stab and can assure you 100% you will not hear any noise. I have also checked placing my ears on the stab and it’s silent.

Attachments

• F5FE6BA2-D2C5-428C-B185-C8945CE2608F.jpeg
    F5FE6BA2-D2C5-428C-B185-C8945CE2608F.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 175
1 kva -12500
2 kva-13500
3 kva-14500
4 kva-15500
5 kva-16500

Any reason why vertex is better than online ups ? I got the suggestion from fm that online ups and isolation transformer combination would be the best option .

Any reason why vertex is better than online ups ? I got the suggestion from fm that online ups and isolation transformer combination would be the best option .
Vertex and online ups are both used for different purposes. Vertex for stable voltage and online ups is for power back up. Isolation transformer is a good choice when it comes to protecting your gears. They isolate the equipment’s from the power source to protect against DC and surges. I am not sure if you can use online ups for HT purpose.

Last edited:
Vertex and online ups are both used for different purposes. Vertex for stable voltage and online ups is for power back up. Isolation transformer is a good choice when it comes to protecting your gears. They isolate the equipment’s from the power source to protect against DC and surges. I am not sure if you can use online ups for HT purpose.
Isn’t the online one to give the stable power without any noise or fluctuations unlike normal offline ups ?
As long as that voltage output is consistent because it is generated from the battery source that would be better right

Isn’t the online one to give the stable power without any noise or fluctuations unlike normal offline ups ?
As long as that voltage output is consistent because it is generated from the battery source that would be better right
Online ups more then 1kva rating is costly. Few models operate with inbuilt batteries and some With 2-4 external batteries. It’s better to go for an inverter which will cost you more or less the same amount. Except Volumate in Chennai no other dealers I checked with advised for online ups. I actually finalised and went to purchase an online ups but the seller also advised to go for offline for HT purpose and advised against the online ups. Actual facts I also don’t know. Safe bet is a servo stabilizer along with a good surge protector.

Online ups more then 1kva rating is costly. Few models operate with inbuilt batteries and some With 2-4 external batteries. It’s better to go for an inverter which will cost you more or less the same amount. Except Volumate in Chennai no other dealers I checked with advised for online ups. I actually finalised and went to purchase an online ups but the seller also advised to go for offline for HT purpose and advised against the online ups. Actual facts I also don’t know. Safe bet is a servo stabilizer along with a good surge protector.
How can I get this vertex Stabilizer ? Online purchase ? I’m staying in coimbatore

Inverter is very similar to Offline UPS. When the power goes, the system switches to battery with in a few mini seconds. The lower transfer time is better. Online inverter on the other hand always supplies from battery and therefore there's no transfer time at all and no disturbance to the connected load if there's a power loss. In theory Online UPS is better and I have seen studios using it. From what I know, some servo stabilisers, are a bit slow to respond to the sudden power demands put by an amplifier as servos are mechanical. CVTs need optimum load and might not be efficient with less than optimum or no load. I think, Online Ups is the best bet.

How can I get this vertex Stabilizer ? Online purchase ? I’m staying in coimbatore
You need to contact them and transfer the money through NEFT,IMPS or Gpay. Within 2-3 days they will deliver the product. This is the contact number for coimbatore +91 - 98420 11833 which i got from their site. @sriram_shol is from Coimbatore who is using the vertex. May be he can guide you

At my place - voltage reaches upto 260+ Volts in the night. Finally got a 3KVA Vertex Servo Stabilizer - it's been few weeks - running flawless. Can neatly set the required output voltage.

Here is a short video I made of first set-up/power up:

At my place - voltage reaches upto 260+ Volts in the night. Finally got a 3KVA Vertex Servo Stabilizer - it's been few weeks - running flawless. Can neatly set the required output voltage.

Here is a short video I made of first set-up/power up:
Nice you could have also mentioned about the components as in which part is the Em/rfi filters, spike arrestor etc

Back