Guidance with protecting my gears

Love4sound

Dear Fm’s

I need your guidance with protecting my gears. So far I have connected my xtz sub directly to a belkin surge protector from the mains and my Denon avr, PA to vguard digi smart 200 and the blu ray player, shield, TV to a v guard crystal.Voltage is always stable at 230 and some times at 245-250. The vguard keeps reducing the voltage and also fluctuates in voltage. I don’t think it’s the right product for HT and don’t think it will protect the gears during surge. Vertex is bulky so I am thinking to risk it by adding just the rontek power conditioner without any voltage Stabilizer. Please find the product details below. And also is there any similar product that has similar features to the rontek along with voltage regulator. Kindly advise.

C6100387-A0A3-419F-84E3-574538E5345D.jpegCCB3BA58-E95E-485B-87FF-BA1EBDDACABA.jpeg8F61F540-949A-42E3-BDC4-68770B3EBC11.jpeg45E2378A-C4A6-49A1-84C9-C88BAE82D7CB.jpeg

i would suggest just using an online ups than a power conditioner as it an overkill for you setup.
and backup is very essential for memory and software based devices like the denon or the shield.

i would suggest just using an online ups than a power conditioner as it an overkill for you setup.
and backup is very essential for memory and software based devices like the denon or the shield.
But many advise against the use of online ups for HT. And what do you mean by overkill for my set up? For what type of setups people use power conditioner then ?

But many advise against the use of online ups for HT. And what do you mean by overkill for my set up? For what type of setups people use power conditioner then ?
over kill in terms of budget i mean.
Ht has issues with online systems ?
no idea will dig on it

I guess the second model from top should be the bare minimum you consider.

MaSh

over kill in terms of budget i mean.
Ht has issues with online systems ?
no idea will dig on it
I myself don’t know for sure. It’s just that one dealer advised to go for online ups so I went to purchase and when the vendor asked the purpose he advised me to not go for online but offline for HT and music systems. Checked with another dealer he also advised to not go for offline ups. Coming to budget i think if it will provide proper protection and can handle the loa19k is a fair amount

I guess the second model from top should be the bare minimum you consider.

MaSh

Yes i was also looking at the 2nd model. Checked with the FM who suggested this models and they come with 5A plug. I am surprised cause for a rating of 2.5kv and max current 30A i am little surprised. Normally with such high ratings wont similar devices come at 16A plug?

Yes i was also looking at the 2nd model. Checked with the FM who suggested this models and they come with 5A plug. I am surprised cause for a rating of 2.5kv and max current 30A i am little surprised. Normally with such high ratings wont similar devices come at 16A plug?

Do any of your components come with a 16A plug?

MaSh

Well, then it doesn't matter, right? If you feel you need it, get it and do let us know how it is.

MaSh
Sure. I am looking at all options available. One of my friend marantz 6012 got his board fried due to some voltage issue even though he had it connected to vgaurd. Currently I am also using v gaurd and after doing some research I also feel it’s totally useless and not the right product for home theatre. Even the v gaurd technician advised me looking at my set up to not use it.

Interesting, even I would like to buy if it helps. Please keep us informed on the pricing and performance.
Also don't mind buying together if it helps in getting discount

Regards,
Ramesh

I have heard that a CVT is usually the best solution for home theatre systems, but would be glad to stand corrected. I personally have s 2KV CVT for my HTS. Seems to have served the purpose. Pana Plasma TV - 380w, Denon AVR - 380w, Oppo player - 35w?, spare on the tap for future expansions like sub etc. Once in a while I connect a cassette Deck, record player etc to it.

@Love4sound: I hope you do not mind if I ask a question related to a different form of protection of gear - if you feel it will divert from the right power source issue, I will delete it.

We live in Chennai - a coastal area prone to salty winds that cause rust/corrosion/coating of unused ports. I was in ritchie street, looking for dust caps/plugs of soft silicone/rubber material - all advised to use tape to cover the ports - this would be messy and not ideal for intermittent use of ports. I got some silicone plugs for my laptop ports from amazon, but did not find anything like 10-12 hdmi dust caps, 6 or so usb caps for avr/tv etc. Only place I saw something that may suit my need is in aliexpress. The shipping times are so long - ideally I would like to procure and install in the next week or two. Appreciate any help in local / online procurement.

Interesting, even I would like to buy if it helps. Please keep us informed on the pricing and performance.
Also don't mind buying together if it helps in getting discount

Regards,
Ramesh

I am just researching and once I get a definite solution will update. Pricing is shared in the image and may get 10% discounts
I have heard that a CVT is usually the best solution for home theatre systems, but would be glad to stand corrected. I personally have s 2KV CVT for my HTS. Seems to have served the purpose. Pana Plasma TV - 380w, Denon AVR - 380w, Oppo player - 35w?, spare on the tap for future expansions like sub etc. Once in a while I connect a cassette Deck, record player etc to it.
I am not sure on what we need to use cause all have a different opinion and solution. Some say a servo stabilizer, power conditioner or both. And also for back up some say online ups and some say it’s not advised and should go for offline. One major factor is how clean the voltage supply is at each locations. For example I have been using HT for 6 years with a v gaurd and it’s going strong but my friends 6012 got fried.
@Love4sound: I hope you do not mind if I ask a question related to a different form of protection of gear - if you feel it will divert from the right power source issue, I will delete it.

We live in Chennai - a coastal area prone to salty winds that cause rust/corrosion/coating of unused ports. I was in ritchie street, looking for dust caps/plugs of soft silicone/rubber material - all advised to use tape to cover the ports - this would be messy and not ideal for intermittent use of ports. I got some silicone plugs for my laptop ports from amazon, but did not find anything like 10-12 hdmi dust caps, 6 or so usb caps for avr/tv etc. Only place I saw something that may suit my need is in aliexpress. The shipping times are so long - ideally I would like to procure and install in the next week or two. Appreciate any help in local / online procurement.

You are correct. I moved to Tambaram in 2014 and till 2014 I lived next to city centre which is close to beach just 5-10 minutes walk. There very frequently I had electronics failure with my tv,fridge,ac etc. every service engineer will say the same thing sir due to coastal area the circuit board failed due to accumulation of moisture and we get same complaints from all the houses nearby . In Tambaram I have been living for 6 years and not once any of my electronics failed cause it’s quite far from sea shore

Well after a lot of research I couldn’t conclude anything. Since the FM’s that I know personally use vertex I went for it.

Vertex is our strong suggestion for Chennai folks. Everybody is happy with it and so far none had any issues. Mine is 3 years old still running great.
Yeah that’s why I just went with it. The fms I know have been using it and have never had problem with their gears so just went for it. Now Peace of mind also noticeable improvements in the sound stage

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back