Hathway goes HD in Bangalore??

Its about HD box with Dolby surround sound activation for Rs. 2000 and 29 HD channels for Rs. 150 per month. I was guessing that it might be related to the PVR but there isnt a clear indication about it.

HD box will cost Rs2000/- and monthly fee for about 28-29 HD channels is Rs150/- month. You need to pay separately for SD channels based on the package you select.

You can ask your cable operator to buy a box for you.

My LCO quoted Rs 2200 for the HD STB and the HD subscription of Rs 175 ...... It is contradictory to what is on their website....

prices quoted include taxes or no

My LCO informed that the STB can be picked up at the Hathway office @ Halasuru Bangalore.

Can anyone clarify on the pricing.

It is Rs2000 for the box and Rs150/month for the package. If he is charging anything extra, it will go to him.

If you pick up the box from Ulsoor office, you will get the box for Rs2000. They will also activate HD package for you for Rs150/month. Take the LCO code from your LCO, ID proof and address proof document when you go to Ulsoor office.

HD box will cost Rs2000/- and monthly fee for about 28-29 HD channels is Rs150/- month. You need to pay separately for SD channels based on the package you select.

You can ask your cable operator to buy a box for you.

Thanks for this info Gopichand. My cable guy quoted 4,900/- for this!!

Ill have a re-chat with him now with the prices you shared with me.

Cheers

Thank you gopichand

My LCO has no clue of HD , the interaction with him does not convince me of good service like power back up , he says there are no HD subscribers in my locality of the total 1200 connections.

Currently, activation of HD packages is not with LCO. But, you can pay your LCO and he has to pay hathway office. So, if you go for a HD connection, go for 6 months or 1 year plan so that you don't have to ask your LCO to renew your HD package every month. If your LCO delays, you may be without HD channels for a day or two.

To everyone planning to get a new HD STB:

In case you weren't aware, Hathway has launched a HD PVR recently. You may want to go in for that if you are newly getting into Hathway's HD services. The details are posted by Gopi a few pages earlier.

They have 'cleaned-up' many channel names in the EPG which were incorrect or the old names. But they seem to have made many basic errors, like renaming to Discovery World HD.

I'm facing another strange issue which I'm unable to resolve. It is apart from the frequent distortion/pixellation which has returned over the past 10 days or so.

The problem is: quite often when watching any channel, the signal appears to drop-off and the message "Technical problem. STB unable to receive signal" appears. However, when changing the channel, the signal returns immediately!!

I'm fairly certain that it isn't a coincidence that the signal returns the moment I change the channel. Please let me know if anyone else has noticed this.

Could it be due to an issue with my STB or signal strength or something else? One of my neighbor was saying that the load on Hathway's network has increased drastically and hence all the issues.

I used to get that issue when some appliance/lights are switched on/off in other parts of the house. I am not seeing it these days. May be an issue with the junction box from where the line is drawn to your place?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back