Hathway goes HD in Bangalore??

Now that you mention it, the problem seems to occur more during the evenings and nights, when the lights and other stuff are on. Could be related to it. Thanks for the tip!

Does the HD box priced @ 2K ( not the PVR) support recording, my LCO says it supports and he showed me a picture of the HD box with USB port in the front panel( also on hathway website I see a USB port) . Can anyone confirm this?

Also LCO is quoting 2.7K for the HD box with 3 month HD subscription which I feel he is quoting higher than what Hathway is selling it for

Thanks Gopichand Pai and Nags. Any idea when they are going to enable USB recording feature?

Last edited:
I really doubt if they will ever enable it.

Right, 3yrs back when I bought HD box, they promised to push an updated that would enable USB recording, but it never happened. Now that they introduced a separate PVR mdel, it is very unlikely for this to happen. If they left the USB port even in the latest model, then it is likely to make some servicing easier.

I am wondering if anyone who has the newer HD box model HDS6300 also had the experience with the older models. My 3yr old HD box died, so I gave it for service and I was told that it is not repairable and that I should just get a new box. Interesting part is that I got a temporary SD box and the interface on this is much snappier than on the older HD box. I was always irritated by how it took one to two seconds on the old HD box before it reacted to my press on remote buttons, and wondering if they might have improved it on the new HD box model.

Are you able to view the channel? It shows please call cable operator to subscribe to this channel error. Since my cable connection is provided by secodary LCO, Hathway has an add on called Vajra cricket english for LCOs instead of Vajra package. It is equivalent to Vajra package. Colors infinity is supposedly added to Vajra pack but hathway forgot to make it part of Vajra cricke english add on. I raised this issue with LCO, connection provider who provides signal to LCO and Hathway nodal officer. But no one cares about the customers in Hathway. This issue is still not fixed.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back