Hathway goes HD in Bangalore??

Finally I got rid of stupid hathway connection and got videocon D2h HD with 1 year south diamond pack + 1 year of HD premium channels free. Quality is far far better than Hathway. Got 15% discount on ebay. Installation was done on next day of purchase. Installation guy was dumb and didn't knew how to configure set top box for full HD resolution. So had to do that manually and configure set top box resolution to 1080p@ 60Hz. By default TV resolution with set top box is set to Auto which defaults to 480p resolution and all HD channels looks like SD quality in that resolution.

Topic hand, how is the Hd PVR box working? Can we record to USB now? Is it two channels or three that can be recorded at the same time?

Topic hand, how is the Hd PVR box working? Can we record to USB now? Is it two channels or three that can be recorded at the same time?

HD PVR has been great so far. We can't record on USB as of now. We can record 2 channels at a time - The one you are watching and the one which can be recorded in the background.

Got the news that Bangalore HD channel count will be increased to 51 within couple of months. I hope they really do as many HD channels are missing in Hathway.

Fingers crossed! I stopped my HD subscription about a year back as there wasn't enough new content, either in terms of new channels or programming on the existing channels. Will have to re-think if plenty of new channels are added. Please post here with the details if/when it happens.

Sony ESPN SD has been added on Hathway in Bangalore at number 376. But the channel is still 'black' and unavailable for me. Is it the same for others?

hi guys,
just visited Hathway office to change the remote of stb, and enquired about Pvr.
guy mentioned it will cost 8000 rs for the Pvr & One Year Hd subscription.
He even mentioned that the count of Hd Channels will go upto 52 Channels from April.
The agreement have already been Finalized and just waiting for financial year ending to start new channels

I hope they add the HD channels soon. I was told that HD channels will be added by January end. Later it got changed to February end. Now April :)

The HD STB (HDS6300 ) has very slow response (upto 5 sec to switch to a HD channel) and other problems. Going to "diagnostics" (from MENU), I see that the firmware is from 2014. Hathway Bangalore gave me a "new" STB with this 2 year old software pre-installed. Is it possible to update the firmware without Hathway's help e.g. by using the USB port in STB to connect to a PC on Internet? Or can we get latest firmware from Skyworth?

Hathway's firmware gets updated automatically. You don't have to update it manually. If you want to try manual update, you try this
1) Turn off the STB by removing the power plug.
2) Turn the STB on
3) When you see the message "Please wait Initializing" then press back button twice and press 2 4 6 5. This will start software download.
4) If point number 3 doesn't work, When you see the message "Please wait Initializing" then press back button four times and press 2 4 8 5. This will start software download.

We can't use the USB port in the STB for anything. May be service centre can use it but not the customers.

I can't quite understand what the financial year has to do with new channel additions. It's not like Hathway or other operators wait till this time to add channels. Anyway, this isn't the first time we've heard such BS and I'm sure it won't be the last.

In other news, have the Bangalore subscribers noticed that the News9 channel (#426) has gone blank for the past few days? Even its Kannada version, TV9 Kannada is blank. I'm guessing it must be some payment dispute, but kindly post if any reasons are known. It's one of the few channels we often watch and perhaps the only reason I stuck with Hathway cable.

Thanks, Mr.Pai, for your prompt response.
I followed your instructions. Point 3 did not work but point 4 brought on the display :
Downloading software... STB waits for signal but the progress bar never moved beyond 0%.
Was I expected to type anything more? I waited for more than 10 minutes and switched off.

You started by saying that firmware is updated automatically but surely the latest is not 2014, as indicated in "Diagnosis"? Is there some way of ascertaining what is the date of last
Update (a) as installed on STB, and (b) as offered by Skyworth?

Thanks again for your help.

If it is not going beyond 0%, you have the latest firmware.

Even the HD PVR box that I have shows few entries from 2014 in diagnostics. Only way to know if we have the latest is by asking service center which is in Ulsoor or asking the fellow forum members who are using the same box.

Actually, the progress bar being s tuck at 0% indicated inability to download! I found this out when I tried again. This time, instead of giving up after10 minutes, I let it run its course. After about 20 minutes, a brief message flashed on the TV screen saying : unable to download ... try again later...

In those 20 minutes the only thing that changed on the screen was the number on top left.
It started as 00-1024-0000-40 and the first 2 digits kept increasing by 1 every 15 to 20 seconds till it reached about 6F (hexadecimal). The second group of digits changed sometimes to 108E or reverted to 1024 and the last group changed sometimes to 30 or 32 or reverted to 40. I don't know if it means anything but you may. Is your PVR STB also from Skyworth?

Can anyone share the contact number/email of Hathway service center in Ulsoor? Or name.

P.S. Since this thread does not appear to interest anybody other than Mr. Pai, he is welcome to send his helpful comments direct to me at [email protected]

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back