HD Networked Media Tank (NMT)

WD TV will be available in Mumbai this weekend. Price around 8k.
Only drawback (for me) is that it does not play from external DVD ROM. Otherwise it's a good deal & reviews are good.

Last edited:
8k , is a very high price for the same, just checked couple of online stores in US, u can order the same online for 110$ there

I am aware of that. In fact you get it for $99 at some places. It is always cheaper in US for such items. But you should have someone who can get it for you. And then warranty becomes tricky. If you manage to order online to ship to India then shipping & customs will add to another 3k. That's about 8k.
And again warranty is an issue.

Considering all this 8K is fine in India. You should get at least 1 year warranty, though I am not sure as yet. Will get to know exact price & warranty on Fri.

WD TV will be available in Mumbai this weekend. Price around 8k.
Only drawback (for me) is that it does not play from external DVD ROM. Otherwise it's a good deal & reviews are good.

Where will it be in Mumbai?

It is available on ebay India

"http://cgi.ebay.in/WESTERN-DIGITAL...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:1|65:1|39:1|240:1318"

and here

"http://cgi.ebay.in/Western-Digital...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:1|65:1|39:1|240:1318"

Prices 8950 and 7950. Can some one confirm if these are same products what is being discussed?

They are the same. But these ebay items are most like imported in grey. WD TV is officially launched in India last month at a price of Rs 6500. But it is not yet available in most retailers. I spent the weekend all around Chennai looking for this. It may be available in a couple of weeks time.

That news is not very accurate. It says you can buy from WD online store for Rs. 6500. But actually this is only for US customers @ USD 130. They have simply used ROE of Rs. 50/USD = Rs. 6500. This price will not be possible for now.

It should be available here between 7.5 to 8k. Shall let you know exact price/ warranty by Friday.

Not yet available through them. It may take some time. This is Lamington Road price. So it will could be about Rs. 500-1000 more expensive through such retail.

Thanks for the reply Phantom...
Did you get the warranty for this?
Any idea on the local availability?

I was told it is covered under a 1 year "Dealer warranty" by the eBay seller.

Regarding local availability, I have checked in many places, nobody seems to be aware of this product. So I lost patience and bought it off eBay.in. Check eBay. It is available from a very reasonable 7900 to a rip-off price of 14k.

It's available from Champion Computers @ Nehru Place for Rs. 7000 + tax = Rs. 7875. I picked it up yesterday from there and it's working great.

BTW, other shops in NP also have it but are quoting much higher.

You might be able to get a discount on 7K also if getting more than 3 pieces.

Now it seems to be available from many computer retailers. For example, in Bangalore ITerials, Indiranagar has it for around 7.2k. You can also get it online from them : BWINDIA.NET

Now it seems to be available from many computer retailers. For example, in Bangalore ITerials, Indiranagar has it for around 7.2k. You can also get it online from them : BWINDIA.NET

My WD TV is on its way...eagerly waiting to try it out :) Paid 7.4K in ebay (after a 15% discount coupon) including shipping... guess it's not a bad deal! A 1TB maxtor also on its way to find me (4.5K :)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back