HD Networked Media Tank (NMT)

My WD TV is on its way...eagerly waiting to try it out :) Paid 7.4K in ebay (after a 15% discount coupon) including shipping... guess it's not a bad deal! A 1TB maxtor also on its way to find me (4.5K :)

Congrates,
WD price is correct,HD you got for good price.

Guys please do post reviews of WD esp regarding 720/1080p playback and DD 5.1/DTS pass through. With lots of WD owners, it is emerging as a clear favorite here :)

Guys please do post reviews of WD esp regarding 720/1080p playback and DD 5.1/DTS pass through. With lots of WD owners, it is emerging as a clear favorite here :)

What do you want to know?

Both 720p and 1080p works awesome and dd and DTS is also awesome.

What do you want to know?

Both 720p and 1080p works awesome and dd and DTS is also awesome.

My doubt is towards mkv 720p/1080p playing capability. I have downloaded number of mkv movies so am curious if WD can handle them. :)

Just wondering guys, what's the size of each movie? I mean average size. From what I've seen they are quite huge. How many days does it take to d/l a movie or are you guys having MBPS connections with your ISP?

Just wondering guys, what's the size of each movie? I mean average size. From what I've seen they are quite huge. How many days does it take to d/l a movie or are you guys having MBPS connections with your ISP?

I usually download a 8 gig versions. I have an airtel night unlimited from 9 to 7 am. Its takes 8 to 12 days to download the 8 gig, depending on the torrent.

Same dope here madbullram. Mine is a BSNL unlimited connection and comp stays 24x7 unless there is a power failure :D I usually stick with 720P/4Gig version unless I find a real blockbuster/collector's item :clapping: :yahoo:

Thanks for your update though. :cool:

I usually download a 8 gig versions. I have an airtel night unlimited from 9 to 7 am. Its takes 8 to 12 days to download the 8 gig, depending on the torrent.

wats ur speed of the internet buddy?
i'm on BSNL and it provides 2mbps but night download is b/w 2-8am

urs time i found a bit more appropriate.....
is it 2mbps and what r the charges

thanks

wats ur speed of the internet buddy?
i'm on BSNL and it provides 2mbps but night download is b/w 2-8am

urs time i found a bit more appropriate.....
is it 2mbps and what r the charges

thanks

I am in the old 256 KBps plan with night 9 to morning 7 free download. That scheme aint there anymore i guess. My total bill comes to around 381 rs

I have a new WDTV. And I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to manage files on the USB storage devices using the WDTV? That is, I want to copy files from USB1 to USB2 or vice versa or move files from one folder to another?

2. Is there any Wi-Fi enabled USB 2.0 SATA 3.5 HDD enclosure? What I want to do is put a 2TB 3.5" HDD into this enclosure and connect it via USB to the WDTV and keep it permanently connected. If it's Wi-Fi enabled, I can also connect to this hdd from my notebook and manage files on it directly. Does anyone know if such an enclosure exists and available in India at what price?

1. Is it possible to manage files on the USB storage devices using the WDTV? That is, I want to copy files from USB1 to USB2 or vice versa or move files from one folder to another?

2. Is there any Wi-Fi enabled USB 2.0 SATA 3.5 HDD enclosure? What I want to do is put a 2TB 3.5" HDD into this enclosure and connect it via USB to the WDTV and keep it permanently connected. If it's Wi-Fi enabled, I can also connect to this hdd from my notebook and manage files on it directly. Does anyone know if such an enclosure exists and available in India at what price?

1. No
2. No

Sorry, even I would to have that but lets wait

Tata is still costly,other inet(iquara,hathway) are for 700(256kbps),900 for 512kpbs.

Yup, but here in my area only Tata, Sify and BSNL are available. I had Sify which was down more time than running. I also had to put Vonage at home and BSNL guys could not configure this, but Tata guys configured Vonage very easily so I went with Tata. Even now no complaints with them, their service is good, but expensive. Airtel is good and cheaper too, but not available in my area unfortunately.

hi friends...am new to this forums and its been really very informative...can someone please let me know on how to download HD movies from the net?? also please thro some light if i could store it on my PS3 and watch it on my TV?? thanks in advance

hi friends...am new to this forums and its been really very informative...can someone please let me know on how to download HD movies from the net?? also please thro some light if i could store it on my PS3 and watch it on my TV?? thanks in advance

Not allowed to discuss illegal stuff. Moser bhai is angry :eek:

you can buy apple airport extreme base station and plug in any usb drive (or a sata in your own usb controller) and it would share it on wifi.

You will have to try it out for yourself. Don't have the PS3 myself, but a friend has it and it's pretty much a locked system. Has a lot of problems playing other region stuff/games, etc. He got his PS3 from the U.S. and it does not play locally bought games. Will check with him about locally bought Blu-Ray movies (if he has bought any) though he gets all his Blu-Ray movies from the Amazon Store and they play perfectly well.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back