HD satellite receiver for Sony Bravia 40EX520?

adnanfarid

Dear friends,

i have recently bought Sony Bravia 40EX520 for my dad and i am very disappointed to know that it does not play .mkv files.

Secondly, we have connected our old traditional Satellite Receiver with this bravia tv but image quality is not HD? May you please suggest some good HD satellite receiver for Bravia 40EX520 with HDMI port?

Thanks

Adnan

Last edited:
Tata Sky HD plus.. and yes it doesnt play mkx files and i dnt think it should be a deal breaker.. Ex520 is a very good tv.. in fact i am planning to buy one in 46inch.

Dear Aks,

Thanks a lot for a detailed reply...

problem is i checked with Tata and Dishtv people, they are offering indian tv channels only, what we need is a combination of both indian and pakistani channels, so you may please recommend some free2air hd satellite receiver as we already have a hybrid setup of two dish antennas in different directions for required channel combination.

HD channels are dependent on the cable service provider and not on the tv. Airtel, Tata Sky, etc......all broadcast a few HD channels and are constantly increasing their HD pack. Most entry level tv's would not support mkv format. The best solution to that would be to get a good media player like WD TV, Asus O Play, etc.........which will support all video/audio formats.

please recommend some free2air hd satellite receiver as we already have a hybrid setup of two dish antennas in different directions for required channel combination.

I am using Solid HD S2-2100 which is FTA HD receiver. PQ of HD channels is very good and SD channels is satisfactory. It has coaxial out in addition to HDMI. It also supports both Ku and C band. The price was appx. 2.3K when I bought it. Other models are skybox, openbox etc. But these are expensive. Visit this site for more info. Satellite Receivers (STB) Section

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back