Heavy Metal Music System for I20

heliumflight

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a hi end music system for a friend of mine and I'm a complete noob in this field and require your inputs...

My friend is confused with car audio systems. He is a musician and loves to headbang. He likes his music to be loud and clear. He is particularly fond of vocals and prefers seperation of musical instruments. He is greatly inspired by Fuel by Metallica, Pearl Jam, Opeth.

I know that might be not enough but guys kindly help me out here with your suggestions. What is to be put and what not. The complete setup- 'The Works', right from Amplifier model/ equalizier/ cables/ speakers etc...

If anyone can direct me to the right place (Delhi), it'll be great!

Thanks in advance.

--
helium
SB Classic> Beresford DAC 7510 MK4> Sugden A21a + PMC TB2 > Lyrita ICs + Cables => MUSIC

Warning !! ICE is a bottomless pit , before you realize you will be too deep innit.

That said, whats the budget ?

head banging in a car while driving , is that safe ? :rolleyes:

But on a serious note he should spend some time on team-bhp . I guess focal,illusion,cerwin vega and diamond audio can be considered for a metal setup. But given the kind of money he is ready to spend , better do some serious research and auditions.

:)

cool. i have been listening to trance and metal in car for the past few years. in delhi there is no issue, you get used to it :)

as far as type of speakers go, i am using a budet setup but its running very tight.

i would suggest that you spent max on your front components. there are some good brands that you can consider. however i have sheckout our many of these things. and spending anything more that 20-25k on front comps will be going into the crazy level where only the mightest pros can decipher the difference. i suggest that you get any mid range components with metal dome tweeter. this makes them more bright and hence you enjoy rock well... also make sure that the mid woofers have some kick in them. i have seem some great polk, ID (old stock if you can find), rainbow, etc. front comps.

as far as woofers go, get something with a DVC and a dedicated monobloc, the quality of monobloc doesnt really matter since only one channel is needed to be driven. i have seen ID woofers, they are earthshaking, too bad the co, has shut down... :( . or kickers... i use kicker and its been beating like a heart for the last 3 years.

iam no expert, but hope i have helped a bit.

cheers.

Last edited:
I am glued to this thread now, as i have an i20 and i am planning to ICE it up soon.

I think fior 1L, you can get some serious exotics

Mybe this split up helps

25K for Components
35K for 4 Ch Amp
15K for MonoBloc
15K for Subwoofers
10K for Install and Wiring

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back