Help me select a nice TV!

Mr-vision

Hi,
I Registered Here Just To Ask You Guys.
I Did A Lot Of Research In The Interwebs And Went To Actual Showrooms Too,
But Here I Am Still Confused Which One To Buy :Lol:

So Anyways,
My Budget Can Stretch Up To 1 Lac 30K

I'd Mainly Use It For Tv Viewing And Very Possibly For Xbox/Ps Gaming And Movies From External Storage And Youtube/Netflix.

Requirements:
Good Audio
Thin Bezel
Near About 49" Display
Nice Customer Support.
4K Res (For Future Proofing)
Best Pq In This Price
Good Build Quality.
3D Is Optional
Should Not Be Samsung,Vu,Micromax,Toshiba,Philips.
Looking Into Brands Like Panasonic,Lg,Sony,Sharp.
Good Refresh Rate And Response Time.
Good Viewing Angles.

Considered These Models:

Lg (This Model Yet To Arrive In Market) : Http://Www.Lg.Com/In/Tvs/Lg-49Uh770T

Sony: Https://Www.Sony.Co.In/Electronics/Televisions/X8500C-Series

Panasonic: Http://Www.Panasonic.Com/In/Consumer/Tv/3D-Tv/Th-49Cx700D.Html

Any Help Would Be Appreciated.

UH770T you can get it for around 1.08lac but would recommend getting 850T as it has 3D plus enhanced colors compared to 770T but it has issues in dark room for night viewing.

X850C is older model instead go for X850D , check these 2 in front in dark room and then decide.

Sony is limited in playing different formats compared to LG which plays almost everything 4k@60FPS

Lg has the most awesome after sales service and customer care for home appliances which includes TV.

Okay so i went to check them out again...

panasonic is out of picture now..
But i'm considering samsung too now.

Please suggest the best tv in my price range up-to 1.5 lacs.

I will also suggest UH850T, with HDR also supported it is one of the most future proof tv. Reviews are pretty decent too.

I will also suggest UH850T, with HDR also supported it is one of the most future proof tv. Reviews are pretty decent too.

Athek, though its future proof, I doubt 4k will come into majority of TV channels in the next 2-3 years atleast. If one has the amble source to play with the likes of 4k and HDR then fine. By the time all these features become common, i am sure this model would have gone outdated.

All TV manufactures are releasing 4K hardly any 1080p models came this year so they are pushing very hard on 4k

It is not wise to spend close to 130,000 on any LCD tv now - 4K or not. Unless you really need the TV right now wait a little more and soon OLED's will be mainstream. In the US last generation OLED's (1080p) have hit the 1000 dollar mark for 55 inch with 55 inch 4K versions close to 2000 dollars.

I would rather buy a cheaper LCD TV (1080p) rather than invest too much in a 4K LCD now so that I can upgrade later.

UPDATE:

So i searched around and decided on Sony 49x8500c

The real confusion was between lg and sony.

Heard that new Sony D series has ips panel and less better PQ.

Most of my viewing happens in night time so blacks are really important for me.

So i made my decision on sony.

Experience:

The stupid dealer sent the demo TV.
checked the usage and it clocked exactly 325 hours.
Me really pissed off asked him for the replacement.

Today: Monday is the day he promised a replacement but after using the tv for 2 days i'm not at all happy with this tv.

Maybe i'm overreacting but here are my issues:

1. Bad experience with dealer. Not sony but its and experience!

2. Tv on latest OS and factory reset got super laggy to the point i had to reboot manually.
this happened only once with my 3-4 hour total usage.

3. When i asked the dealer about the panel type. He said sony does not use any va or ips panel. I ignored his lack of knowledge but after bringing it home.

4. I saw poor blacks at lowest brightness settings. This made me question and on a very deep web search. it looks like sony went with an ips panel on this one.
What a shame they don't mention it anywhere.
Also colors don't loose saturation at any angle so this confirmed it.

5. TV has clouding issues.

Although i am getting replacement and i do know this TV could be a lemon piece and new replacement may fix most of these issues.

But i do know now that this tv has ips panel and i wanted a VA panel for deeper blacks.

SO i asked the dealer for refund and he blatantly refused saying we've sold so many tv and you're the only one saying it has issues... bla bla..
He said use the replacement and if you're unsatisfied son'y may refund your money.

In this weird situation not knowing what to do.
I'm really confused.

Anybody have any suggestion?

Also want to add the dealer said you can change the tv model but we cannot give you a refund.

Hi,
I m considering this tv also, what decision they you do? also how much you paid for this tv? mrp is 1.25l, how much did he give it to you for?

Thanks.

Back