Help me to make a choice

Mohanavel

Hello HFV,

This is my 1st post, planned to build my HT setup, step by step

Budget :- 800 rial (1 rial=137 rs), Like to follow ratio:- 40:60. So approx 300 RO for AVR and 500 RO for FS & Center (later upgrade to Sub woofer,Surround)

Room size 14 x 10 for time being. (Dedicated HT room 20x12 in future)
My preference 60% movie & 40% music

After lot of research from net and this forum, got confused and now narrowed down my view to below brands/models

AVR: Denon 2312/3312
Yamaha A810

Speakers:polk audio (FS:RTI A7 & Center:CSi A6)

Paradigm (FS: Monitor 9 & Center:Need to be decided)

Monitor Audio (FS:Bronze BX5 & Center:Need to be decided)

2 months before in chennai took audition of polk and denon in profx. Sry dnt kw model name for both. But i liked FS performance.

Problems:-
Denon,polk and yamaha only brands are available in muscat. Planned to listen denon+polk by this week. Yamaha dealer has their own speakers NS777, NS555, & AVR only,Also they building their demo room which is in progress hopefully will get finished by this week. No options left for other brands for audition :sad:
Once decided then will get HT from dubai by the end of this month.

Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Last edited:
do not go for Yamaha speakers. Polk and Denon mate well. But hear the system and then decide. Also try to hear as many speakers as you can with AVRs of your choice.

AVRs chosen are good. Go for Denon 2313/3313 and not 2312/3312 (as they are last year models). Also 2313 has 2 HDMI Out comparing where as 2312 has only one. Polk speakers pair well with Denon.

Paradigm and Monitor Audio speakers are speakers, however dont know about their pairing with either Yamaha or Denon. Someone else will be able to help here.

My personal choice in AVR will be Yamaha A810. But I dont have good impression about Yamaha Speakers with whatever little experience I had.

Also try to hear as many speakers as you can with AVRs of your choice.

Thanks for reply. In muscat I dnt have much option to do demo with different speakers. For 3 days i will be in Dubai with in this period have to audition with different speakers and have to buy same.

AVRs chosen are good. Go for Denon 2313/3313 and not 2312/3312 (as they are last year models). Also 2313 has 2 HDMI Out comparing where as 2312 has only one. Polk speakers pair well with Denon.

Paradigm and Monitor Audio speakers are speakers, however dont know about their pairing with either Yamaha or Denon. Someone else will be able to help here.

My personal choice in AVR will be Yamaha A810. But I dont have good impression about Yamaha Speakers with whatever little experience I had.

Any idea how it sounds if we pair Yamaha A810+Polk audio RTI A7

Did you check out klipsch RF series in muscat, also try pairing the AVR with paradigm studio 10 / 20 series. I am sure you will like one of the combos.

You may audition the following :-
NAD AVR with PSB Speakers (@ Hitec)
Denon AVR with Polk Speakers (@ Hitec)
Denon AVR with Paradigm Speakers (@ Hitec)
Onkyo AVR (@ OHI)
Yamaha AVR (@ OMASCO)

I think OMASCO will pair only Yamaha speakers for the audition. Also, OHI will pair only Bose speakers for audition.

AFAIK, This is what is available in Muscat.

For other brands, you need to visit Dubai. HTH.

Hello,

Given your challenge with respect to lack of options in Muscat, I would suggest that the best approach would be to buy a reputed AVR (from the stables of Marantz, Denon, HK, Yamaha etc) and then carry it to Dubai where I assume you will have more speaker options to try out. This way, you can try the AVR with different speakers in Dubai and pick up the one that sounds best to you. I would strongly recommend never to buy an entire set (ie. AVR+speaker) blind.

Alternately, you can hear both AVRs+Speakers in Dubai and buy both from there.

Best,
APK.

Last edited:
Hello,

Given your challenge with respect to lack of options in Muscat, I would suggest that the best approach would be to buy a reputed AVR (from the stables of Marantz, Denon, HK, Yamaha etc) and then carry it to Dubai where I assume you will have more speaker options to try out. This way, you can try the AVR with different speakers in Dubai and pick up the one that sounds best to you. I would strongly recommend never to buy an entire set (ie. AVR+speaker) blind.

Alternately, you can hear both AVRs+Speakers in Dubai and buy both from there.

Best,
APK.

Planning for the same( Hear AVRs+Speakers in Dubai and buy them)

Audition as many combos as possible before deciding. But if what you want to buy is available in Muscat, local purchase is recommended.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Audition as many combos as possible before deciding. But if what you want to buy is available in Muscat, local purchase is recommended.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Next week planning to audition in Hitech.

Already planned trip to dubai, If the price difference is minimum as suggested i will purchase here itself.

Yesterday evening I auditioned below speakers & AVR.

Speakers:
Paradigm Monitor 11
PSB T5
Polk audio RTI A7
Center: CSI A6
AVR:denon 3311
BD:Oppo(dnt kw model no) with my Hard disk
DB: -11

1st we started with Monitor 11 played some movie trailers(Real steel, The Incredible Hulk,Mission impossible 4) disappointed on music becoz BD player not supported mp3 format songs which i carried in my HD then we played 2 songs "Enya Shepherd Moons" and The life-River (flute).
Same movie and music played with Rti A7 and PSB T5.

Before audition i more interested on RTI A7.But after audition i liked
Monitor 11 then PSB and last RTI A7. No idea whether my comparison is right or not between Monitor 11 and RTI A7. At last left the place with more confusion:sad:

Finally bought Denon 3312,Paradigm Monitor 11,Kimber Kable 4PR,Audio quest banana plug:yahoo:

Thanks for all input & suggestions, Special thanks to nshankar who helped me via PM/Phone.

Last edited:
Back