Help needed... first post ... buying TV and H/T

Arjun Haarith

Hi All,

This is Arjun from Bangalore. I am planning to buy an Led TV and a home theatre system.
Total budget is 1.25 to 1.3 lakhs

Initially thought of buying Samsung H8000 48 inches curved TV or Sony Bravia W900b 50 inches.
Please let me know which among these is good. Or any other model or brand is also fine.
Hometheatre should be 3d bluray.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
Arjun

Hi,

The decision of what will suit your budget, the appearance and features will boil down to what appeals to you ....for this you need to do ample auditions / demos of various systems to take a call.....with the festive season around the corner, i am sure there would be many deals around where dealers would be offering freebies with products you purchase....

If you are looking for a basic LED with USB movies slot and HDMI, i feel personally that Sharp or Toshiba is good value for money in terms of required performance, connectivity and warranty......its best you see a couple of brands side to side at a Vijay Sales / Croma / E zone and shortlist what appeals to you...a simple google search would also reveal which brand / model has many issues / complaints....a LED TV of 42-50 inches would cost easily between 50-60k.....all depends on which brand / model you select...please choose wisely and make sure you view the screen from all sides as lighting of the showroom will defer with the lighting of your home.....

If you are looking out for a compact 'Home Theatre in a Box (HTiB)' look at Sony IV 300 which seems to be the latest hype among some members which has quite a bit of positive feedback....within 20k

HT-IV300 : Home Theatre Component System : Home Theatre System : Sony India

If you are looking out for a professional HT system..the entry level models start from 26k onwards...Pioneer, Onkyo, Yamaha , Denon, etc are brands available. You can do a mix and match of models in terms of speakers.....

Speakers.... Jamo S426 HTS (5.0 Reliance Digital 27k) or Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 around 24k or BA 2310HTS around 40k.

AV Yamaha 377 (around 34-36k) or Marantz NR 1405 (around 34 -38k)

Blu Ray player.....Pioneer BDP 160 / 170.....3D with USB playback from 1 TB external HDD...universal player... (approx 10-12k)

HDMI cables, Oxygen Free Cable (OFC) speaker wires, subwoofer cables etc would be extra.....

End of the day, we as fellow members can give a variety of suggestions...all depends on what appeals to you in performance, appearance and budget...all the best trust your eyes and ears!!!!

Since you are based in Bangalore, there are ample dealers around who you can visit and strike a good bargain deal

Hi All,

This is Arjun from Bangalore. I am planning to buy an Led TV and a home theatre system.
Total budget is 1.25 to 1.3 lakhs

Initially thought of buying Samsung H8000 48 inches curved TV or Sony Bravia W900b 50 inches.
Please let me know which among these is good. Or any other model or brand is also fine.
Hometheatre should be 3d bluray.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
Arjun

First go in a phased manner. Set aside budget separately for TV and HT. Anyways I have a feeling that you will overshoot your budget.:D

For time being I will exclude Home theatre.

Which TV is better comparitively ?
I got a deal from a shop which gives the Sony 50 inches W900B with the same price as Samsung 55 inches H6400.

Thanks,
Arjun

For time being I will exclude Home theatre.

Which TV is better comparitively ?
I got a deal from a shop which gives the Sony 50 inches W900B with the same price as Samsung 55 inches H6400.

Thanks,
Arjun

Exactly.!:eek:hyeah: I was feeling that the entire 1.3 lakhs will be towards the TV :eek:hyeah: If you don't mind, do try out the 55KDL950A is stocks are available. It is way superior than the 900B. But before we confuse you more, please, tell us what do you want from the TV. Do you watch TV with lights on or lights off ? This should cost you the same as 50w900B or even less.

I am talking only 2D picture Quality. Please don't compare smart features or the playback formats.

Thanks a lot :)
But I am considering all factors including 3D and smart.
I am not sure if Sony 50 W900B is superior than Samsung 55H6400?

Thanks a lot :)
But I am considering all factors including 3D and smart.
I am not sure if Sony 50 W900B is superior than Samsung 55H6400?

Superior in 3D. On smart features I have no idea. But do spend some time to read both these reviews.

Sony KDL-55W900A review - CNET

This is an Equivalent review for the 55w950a in India.

For Samsung Samsung H6400 Review (UN40H6400, UN48H6400, UN50H6400, UN55H6400, UN60H6400, UN65H6400)

The Samsung is rated better than 900 B because 900B has IPS panels and poor contrast ratio.

Where as if you bring the 950a in to picture, it just blows away h6400. Take demos before you decide boss.

Sony is what i would buy brother.. Would not like to comment on Samsung caus my experience of Samsung is not very good..

Thanks everyone.

I finally bought Sony 50 inches W900B along with Sony BDV 4100 home theatre system.
The combo works really great.
The picture quality , sound and 3D is amazing.

Thanks everyone.

I finally bought Sony 50 inches W900B along with Sony BDV 4100 home theatre system.
The combo works really great.
The picture quality , sound and 3D is amazing.
Congrats....!!!

Btw, finally what are the things u considered to opt for w900b??!!

Also BDP offer from Sony is S1200 player which I think 2D player only. Have u got it exchanged with Bdp 4100?

Thanks.

I initially wanted to buy a samsung curved tv. But later, due to some changes/in depth reviews opted for sony.
I did a side by side comparison of Image quality in Sony , Sammy , LG and I felt the picture quality is amazing in Sony.

Felt 3D is quite good in LG, but Sony is also almost equal.
The color rendition and audio was good in Sony.
Hence opted Sony (purely my opinion :eek:hyeah: )

Next thing, I would have got a bluray player as an offer from the showroom. I did not take this option as there was a HT in mind. Hence I got only the TV from a dealer and bought the BDV 4100 from showroom. The combo works amazing.
As of now watched Avatar and Life of PI in 3D. The 3D effect is classic:eek:hyeah:

Only con is we get only 2 glasses with the TV.

Help needed... first post ... Sony BDV-E3100

Can anyone explain the following :

i have purchased Sony 49X8500B 4K TV from Singapore. Also I purchased Sony BDV-E3100 from USA. Region code for USA : Blu Ray -A and DVD -1. If I need to connect both BD theatre and TV is it possible? If I use A code Blu ray disc or Region 1 DVD will it work and show me video on the above TV?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back