Help needed for building cabinet

hemchandran

Hi,

My entire HT setup was decided based on the opinions from this forum and i guess this should probably be the last one :licklips: hopefully.

I'm planning to build a cabinet. Due to space constarints below drawing is how i'm planning to get it built. Please give me your suggestion. I know there will be many people opposing the idea of keeping the SW in a cabinet but i do not have any other choice.

I have the yamaha HTiB i guess 473BL imported from US

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7619/ttdj.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks!!!

there will be many people opposing the idea of keeping the SW in a cabinet
Hmmm, yes, for many reasons. To me, the bottom line would be that you are going to shake your kit to pieces. It isn't a hifi objection, but I think you will be reducing the life of the other components.

Wow!

So obvious but it never occurred to me. I think I need brain tonic! :eek:

[among the] Things that are bad for long life of electronics: vibration and heat... Obviously Henchandran needs a compact system, but I recommend making sure that the components have room to breathe. Air flow can be facilitated by holes in the back and shelves too.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions guys....
Sorry, i was not able to reply early
As suggested by @Santy will redesign the subwoofer such that it doesnot touch the cabinet.
I will rethink about the ventilation part too BTW in an air conditioned room is ventilation an important factor ?

Last edited:
I think ventilation affects performance to some extent and durability.
The AC circulation is on the outside but the piled up heat may not be able to exit and cool air can't enter also. This would cause problem.
(Got this from pc cabinet cooling)
IF there is no circulation then the AC is of no use...

Things that stick in the mind...

I was reading a blog by a guy who has spent a lifetime repairing hifi equipment. One point that he made was that manufacturers don't really want their kit to last forever. He said that one of the things that aged electronics was heat, and that one could extend the life of these things just by putting something under each foot, and getting more airflow under the case.

No doubt those manufacturers love people who put the gear in closed-in cabinets, which is the very opposite!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back