Help Reqd. : Best 600Va UPS for Projector backup

cmsajith

Which is a reliable 600Va UPS (small form factor) for an Optoma HD20 projector (220w max) with fast change over? I require a backup of only 5 mins to shut it down properly and it will be used only for a projector.

I tried with an Intex 600Va, but the change over time is high that the projector is getting switched off on a power failure. I need to buy one immediately as it happened 2 or 3 times. I will be connecting the UPS after my Servo stabilizer.

Please mention the approx cost also.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I am looking for a similar solution. I tried a couple of UPS's - one of them was APC and they were designed for PC/desktop. While they worked for PC, they failed with the projector.

Vendor suggested trying out with an online UPS with 1 KVA rating but the price is fairly high - about 10K. Also such a UPS is very bulky.

A 1 KVA rated projector will give an output of 650 VA in operation mode which suits a projector's requirement.

Yes, a 650-750w should be supported on considering the PF. Just for the projector a 650va is enough, but i am worried about the switching time. Let me check the different models from APC /Micotek. Is there any other reliable brand which we can consider apart from these?

I have recently setup the Panasonic PT-AE1000E with an APC Back-UPS 1KVA. Anything below 1 KVA does not work well. It may not swtich of the projector but there is a 1-sec black out every time there is changeover.

1-sec was just a figure of speech... it is more like a split-second black out which does not power off the Porjector completely.

I checked the spec from the Intex website, model Intex Protector 725 (mine is Protector 600). It says 3-4 milliseconds, i doubt the issue is because of a manufacturing defect or the spec is like PMPO vs RMS?

I am using a Microtek 1.5 KVA inverter/UPS with sinewave output with 2 tubular wet batteries. I use it for lights, fans and projector. Sometimes when the weather is fine, I watch a complete movie on this. For audio I use a small bar speaker with virtual surround, also on the same inverter/UPS. The switchover is instant and I sometimes don't even know it if the lights are completely switched off.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back