The system I have is 7.1.4. The specs of what I have:
Blu-ray: Oppo BDP103D
AVR: Marantz-SR7009
Fronts: Polk RTi A9
Sub: DSW PRO 660
Center: CSi A6
Surround: FXi A4 x2
Atmos: Rc60i In-ceiling

Some Yamaha Stereo Amp for powering 2 of the Atmos speakers.

The room size if going to be 16-1/2' * 30' (under construction). Do I need to go for a power amp?
Experts, please advise!

Last edited:
Maybe around 1L(little flexible). I am traveling to US next week, so maybe I can pick it from there as well. Ignoring these facts, can you tell me if I really need more equipment.

Regards,
S.

I think you have a good system. You do not require a power amp. If you feel it is laking the power only then you could look at a 7 channel power amp

The system I have is 7.1.4. The specs of what I have:
Blu-ray: Oppo BDP103D
AVR: Marantz-SR7009
Fronts: Polk RTi A9
Sub: DSW PRO 660
Center: CSi A6
Surround: FXi A4 x2
Atmos: Rc60i In-ceiling

Some Yamaha Stereo Amp for powering 2 of the Atmos speakers.

The room size if going to be 16-1/2' * 30' (under construction). Do I need to go for a power amp?

I think your AVR is 9.2 capable out of the box & 11.2 capable with additional power amplifier.. so yes, you will need a 2 channel power amplifier to fully use 7.1.4 layout..

If your Yamaha stereo amplifier has separate pre-in & pre-out ports connected with a jumper, you can remove the jumper and connect the pre-in to the pre-out of your AVR...

if the Yamah doesn't have the option of seperate ports with jumper then you can consider getting a 2 channel power amplifier, whichever works for your budget..

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back