Hi Everyone need ur help

Avinash Gullapalli

This is Avinash from Hyderabad i have visited this fourm few days ago and have found really intresting stuff which is very help full.So i instantly joined.

I have started to learn DJ recently and have bought a decent sysytem for myself to practice in my room which ia a Poineer CMX 3000 and Gemini PSI Mixer. So now i am stuck on decideing on what type of speakers to buy need help guys.

I have started to learn DJ recently and have bought a decent sysytem for myself to practice in my room which ia a Poineer CMX 3000 and Gemini PSI Mixer. So now i am stuck on decideing on what type of speakers to buy need help guys.

Hi Avinash, Welcome to the forum.

What you have to look for are what are called 'Studio Monitors' These are made by companies which cater to the professionals. Companies include Ohm. M-Audio, Samson, etc.

Cheers

This is Avinash from Hyderabad i have visited this fourm few days ago and have found really intresting stuff which is very help full.So i instantly joined.

Hi Avinash,

Welcome to the forum. Not knowing what types of music you DJ, I can tell you that if you are into multi channel, sound engineers and professional mixers use 5 identical bookshelves in reproducing sound effects. I have listened to B&W 605s in such a setup, and it sounded just phenomenol. Another setup I have listened to are identical Paradigm Monitor 9s. They were absolutely brililant for SACD and DVDAs. You felt like the band was around you and you were sitting in the center.

Hi Avinash and welcome...

Firstly what's your budget? Audioengine A5 are great as sachi says, but I would go the Paradigm's Monitor Series route, they sound great! Mostly it all comes down to your budget and other suggestions can be made depending on what is your budget...

thanks everybody that was really quick. My budget being only 20,000 i am confused if i have to take powered speakers or normal speakers.

Please advice

hey thank u flanker but vr can i buy then r they avilable in hyderabad. so u say i can plug them directly int my mixer right? no need of amps or etc.

hey thank u flanker but vr can i buy then r they avilable in hyderabad. so u say i can plug them directly int my mixer right? no need of amps or etc.

Yup that's right. They are powered speakers i.e. come with their own inbuilt amplifier so no need of AVR or external amp and even Audioengine A5 are powered speakers and in the same price range (in fact Audioengine A5 are lesser at USD 325 on Amazon, but with shipping charges should be on par). Need to check specs of both and compare, but I have heard Audioengine A5 and they are very good.

You may call RC Automation on 044 28411648 or Mahaveer multimedia on 9840077334 and enquire. They are the distributors for M Audio in Chennai and they should be able to give their hyderabad contact nos

They can be connected directly from the mixer's 'Control Room' output or 'Monitor Speakers' output

hi there so finally out of these which are the best ones.

1) M-Audio BX5A 70W

2) M-Audio Studiophile BX5a Deluxe Active Monitors

3) M-Audio BX8A 8' 130W Active Studio Monitors

4) Audioengine USA A5 Active Bookshelf Speakers

so before i go ahead and buy one of them from bajaao.com wanted to know if the source is reliable and abt the service.

Please advice

Have no experience with Audioengine. sorry

M Audio, Mackie and Samson are the industry standard these days when it comes to desktop monitors

Any of the BX5A would be good. The BX8a is a bit expensive and if you are looking at that budget you have some serious competition out there and you need to do more research as you have lot of options

For near field monitoring the BX5A get the job done pretty well

Don't spend too much on studio monitors. After a point they are just test instruments

Also after a point you would get so used to them that you would like to take your own monitors to different studios. If you buy a bigger one transporting them is going to be difficult

One of the reasons the NS10 achieved a cult status was because of portability. engineers started carrying it with them everywhere that studios thought they were the best and every studio ultimately invested in atleast a pair

Portability is an important parameter in pro gear. Some singers always have their own mics and carry it with them during performances. Similarly for a sound engineer it is the monitor that tells the entire story. You would rather hear the story from someone you trust than speculate with the monitor the studios may have

you can and they should be pretty good when used for that purpose but use them for near field listening, say 1-2 metres max. their off axis response is highly non-linear

Also keep in mind that they are very revealing and wont hide flaws in your recording. This is a boon to well engineered recordings while it would render poorly mixed recordings unbearable but yes, overall they are better than entry level speakers and the advantages they offer by way of active x-overs, bi-amplification, etc make them a worth while investment

Yup that's right. They are powered speakers i.e. come with their own inbuilt amplifier so no need of AVR or external amp and even Audioengine A5 are powered speakers and in the same price range (in fact Audioengine A5 are lesser at USD 325 on Amazon, but with shipping charges should be on par). Need to check specs of both and compare, but I have heard Audioengine A5 and they are very good.

hi there so these audioengines a5 can i use them for my normal music listening also.

and i have found an audio dealer in mumbai (bajaao.com) they r priced at 19500 and do think the product will be reliable n how can i make sure of that

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back