Hifi system budget-5 lakhs

A very tempting price indeed.
Any one in the market for a 7 lakh speaker (Stand mount or floor stander) should give it a listen.
All the best with the sale.
Cheers

Nice systems in discussion and didn't know there were so many high-end hifi systems in India. I use amps from a relatively unknown German manufacturer called Behold. Although I have the larger Behold amp/preamp combination, I can recommend the smaller modular Gentile very highly. This can come with a DAC module as well as Ascendo's room correction system. It will have to be imported but I have good contacts to get them at a good price (as a favor as I am not in the business) if anyone is interested.

I am not sure if this would be of any help, but any way, I would like to share this US site which sells ATI amps at great discount price, however they are only 120V compliant.
"http://www.classicaudioparts.com/index.php/amplifiers.html"

How good are these very expensive amps compared to the cheap emotiva amps? The emotiva amps are rated at XPA1 500w 8ohms and xpa2 300w 8ohms.
I have book a XPA2, which will be brought to India by my friend. Can these amps drive the speakres like Monitor audio PL200, Focal 1028 or atleast KEF R700? I may be buying a pair of these speakers soon.

Hello Alphacentury100: I am not sure if your question is directed at the Behold amps. To give you an idea I am driving big Marten Design speakers (a Swedish brand) with them without any trouble.

Hi, By expensive amps, I meant all the brand you were discussing, like the ACCUPHASE, bryston, ATI, MAC, classe etc.
Can the emotiva xpa1 or xpa2 hold a candle against these amps.
I am curious because I have bought the emo xpa2, which will be brought home by my friend from US shortly. the Emo's power spec looks very impressive atleast on paper: 500w at 8ohm for xpa1 and 300w,500w at 8,4 ohms for xpa2. They also have rave reviews.
I haven't heard about the Marten Design speakers until today, but can recognise the ACCUTON mid driver used in it.
I am also planning to buy a pair of speakers (focal 1028be or monitor audio PL200 or KEF R700). I know that these speakers are mainstream brands. At first I was planning to import salk HT2-Tl or the Plilharmonic-3, but the falling rupee value killed those thoughts, so finally have decided on these mainstream brands. Are there better speakers (for both Music and HT) around Rs.300000 price range? My knowledge is only limited, so I decided to go towards these mainstream brands.

I am really sorry I have not heard the Emotiva amps but am familiar with the presentation of some of the other brands that you mention. However, everything is based on the synergy between the components, although of course I understand that auditioning them together is impossible sadly. We audiophile take risks most others won't understand :))

Nice systems in discussion and didn't know there were so many high-end hifi systems in India. I use amps from a relatively unknown German manufacturer called Behold. Although I have the larger Behold amp/preamp combination, I can recommend the smaller modular Gentile very highly. This can come with a DAC module as well as Ascendo's room correction system. It will have to be imported but I have good contacts to get them at a good price (as a favor as I am not in the business) if anyone is interested.

Super !

I hold this is very very high regard.

Nice to know that someone in India has it...

Excellent !

All the Best !

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sir,

This was a few years back - 2009 I think - not sure...

The Front end was all Behold.
Computer Based.
DAC & Pre was 1 box.
Mono Amps & the speaker was 'entry' level Ascendo - sounded very very nice....

Wow Bhagwan, just saw your photo of the Behold power amp and Ascendo speaker. I did have the M model at one point but have always loved Marten so decided to stick with them. You are always welcome to a listen if you are in Bangalore at any time. Now I have to start ripping the core of my music collection.....bah!!

Before buying any expensive high end audio equipment, please find out who the distributer of that brand in India is. If it is THE AUDIO PEOLE, please refrain from purchasing that equipment, as you will be very unhappy with the after sales. MONITOR AUDIO & BRYSTON are distributed in India by THE AUDIO PEOPLE. They are cheats. Even though the manufacturers want to live up to their part of the after sales commitment, THE AUDIO PEOPLE will try to cheat you in order to make a fast buck. I have purchased equipment close to 5 lacs from them and am suffering. They will threaten you as they know that you are helpless having purchased extremely expensive equipment from them. STAY FAR AWAY FROM BRANDS LIKE MONITOR AUDIO, BRYSTON ETC SOLD BY ANY DEALER IN INDIA AS THE PEOPLE ARE THE SOLE DISTRIBUTORS OF SUCH BRANDS. To get more info on the brands marketed by them, have a look at their website.

STAY AWAY FROM AUDIO PEOPLE AND THE BRANDS DISTRIBUTED BY THEM...

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back