Hifi system budget-5 lakhs

thank you all for your replies, really appreciate each and every ones contribution.
i finally went ahead and bought myself a pair of sonus faber cremona elipsa.
one of my clients was selling his pair of speakers to upgrade to a pair of focal stella utopia's, it was just too good of a deal to pass.
he had it paired with a mark levinson power/pre, but sadly he is not ready to part with his amplifiers as he is gonna be using the same to power his new setup which leaves me at the altar to make a really costly investment towords the amps.
i bought the sonus fabers for 4 and a half lakhs but the best part is i dont have to make an immediate payment.

i have to bother you guys again for opinions on what amp to buy.

regards
Anhad

Hi
Lovely speaker to own!!!

Now be very smart about your choice of amp if you truly want to get the famed Sonus transparency & richness. Lots of good amps but at good prices too!!!!!
I would not put a ML amp behind an SF elipsa
Rgds

i finally went ahead and bought myself a pair of sonus faber cremona elipsa.
one of my clients was selling his pair of speakers to upgrade to a pair of focal stella utopia's, it was just too good of a deal to pass.
i bought the sonus fabers for 4 and a half lakhs but the best part is i dont have to make an immediate payment.

Some one sold you a $20k pair cremona elipsa for 4.5 lakhs and you dont have to make immediate payment? life is good.:D

oh and he upgraded to a $90k pair stella utopia, good client to have. :D

@ Anhad Congrats! On the purchase.
what is the outlay you are planning for the amps?
Guess you should try the audio research stuff, not sure if the integrated will do justice to your speaker. You can also try the Parasound JC2 pre & JC1 power amps guess that it the minimum that you get away with.
Cheers.

Last edited:
I am travelling next week to China, i was plannin on purchasin my amps from there.
I wanted to know that what are the problems i can face with customs at Delhi airport and what kind of amount they are gonna charge.
I m plannin to buy a pair of mcintosh monoblocks and pre.
I would really appreciate if anyone can give insights into the problems i can face with customs.
Btw i am goin over to Guonghzaou and Shanghai, if anybody has had any buying experience in any of the above stated cities please share your experience.

Hey Anhad, I too am going to Shenzhen, HK and Guongzhou next week and planning to buy a amplifier there...However I will be looking for a used one from either Luxman or Accuphase as they are quite popular there....There are a number of audio shops there especially in Guongzhou ....
Check the below link and use google translation.....

www.gzhifi.com

Let me know if you come across any good dealer demos there .... BTW the McIntosh mono blocks would be extremely heavy and i doubt if you can get them as your baggage..... even if you do they will definitely stand out at customs and you will be asked for a bill..... try and get a under invoiced bill from your dealer but you will still have to pay customs......

A small amp such as a Naim can go undetected and i even have got book shelf speakers without paying any customs but big chunky, heavy amps are going to come under the scanner....

Hey guys, glad to know the extent that you guys are going to in your pursuit of that audiophile sound.

Let me know your travel dates. If they are good with me I can join you during these trips. That is of course, if you would like someone to join you.

I would be in Shenzhen from 5th to 10th Sept.....will try and go to Guangzhou one or two days as the hifi stores are there only....Although HK is far better organized for hifi it would be difficult for me as China gives only a single entry visa.....I am going to Shenzhen via HK only but it would be difficult to stay in HK as I am short on time....

Hi
My preference for amps are always Accuphase. If u can get good prices BUY the C 2410 Preamp & the P 6100 power amp. Lower budget the C 2110 with the P 4100, even lower the E 460 integrated.

Money NO ISSUES at all, then the C 3800 with the M 6000 Monoblocks :D:D:D.

Actually A friend of mine is planning to get the Monos & the 2810 pre to pair with the Stella utopia & that IMO will be a top flight set up. Stella s can be dialled into most rooms & this lucky bloke has a 600 SFT listening area!!

Rgds

If its Accuphase with this SF, my choices would be
Pre: C2410 or 2400(discontd)
Pwr: A65 or A60(discontd) or even A46 or A45(discontd)
accuphase rated watts are genuine hence has enuf grunt with those little numbers

Guys i am quiet sure the accuphase would be a great choice but as far as i know they retail at prices much more than i am plannin to spend.
My budget for the amps is not more than 6 lakh in Rs.
If you think i can get something in this budget from accuphase your suggestions are most welcome.

My budget for the amps is not more than 6 lakh in Rs.
If you think i can get something in this budget from accuphase your suggestions are most welcome.

For Rs 6 lacs, no Accuphase Pre/Pwr,
at the most Int Pure Cl-A E-560 or Cl-AB E-460.

I would be in Shenzhen from 5th to 10th Sept.....will try and go to Guangzhou one or two days as the hifi stores are there only....Although HK is far better organized for hifi it would be difficult for me as China gives only a single entry visa.....I am going to Shenzhen via HK only but it would be difficult to stay in HK as I am short on time....

It's too short for me to plan, but may be I can land up there over the weekend, 8-9 Sep. Two days would be good to get a feel of the market. Specially, since I am on a Hifi diet for a long time and have suppressed the upgraditis so far, touch wood. I am not really looking to buy anything, just get an idea and see the feasibility. I'll pm you my contact details. Lets be in touch on this.

No matter how you split your time, I do think you should first go to HK, get a feel of the market (if you haven't already done so), so that you can get a comparative idea of the HK and Shenzhen prices.

In each of its price points, the Accuphase Amps are unbeatable. In fact, in most cases they are unbeatable in price points that are 3x more!

For Rs 6 lacs, no Accuphase Pre/Pwr,
at the most Int Pure Cl-A E-560 or Cl-AB E-460.

And both these amplifiers are superb & will be a pleasure to own.

Dont go by the power ratings of the Class A amps. They drive beautifully.

The 460 is one of the best integrateds I have heard. Am not claiming that ITS THE BEST period as there are many that I have not heard but from the many that I have been fortunate to own / hear this is one hell of an amp.

Reason I mentioned the 6100 is that I have heard it alongside the class A power amps & the 7100 & this amp was something special. Pre was 2810 & speakers were the SF extremas (which in my opinion is an absolute gem & one of the best from the brand in years)

You may be able to get the C2110 & P 4100 at around your allocated budget in the east though local price for the pair considerably higher.

Rgds

Do the mac amps that you are looking at fit in to your budget of 6 lakhs?
Am asking as i've no clue on the macintosh prices?
If there is accuphase dealer in delhi why don't get the 460 integrated & give it a listen.
All the best.
Cheers

i own a 460... live in gurgaon and if interested you can PM me and we can fix a time for the listening session...

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back